Hibernian v St Mirren Premiership 23/12/20

shull

Strange game. Absolutely nothing in it bar 1 very good finish. We were always in the game without really threatening much. We nullified Hibs well but Goody went back to the mental formation bingo during the 2and half. No real harm done though and to be still 8th after a tough away game isn't the end of the world. Big game at Dingwall next up.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Tight game that could have gone anyway.  Hibs weren't great, but 1st goal was always going to be important. 

Far from our best performance in recent weeks,  but not bad.

JDH was a big miss.

It couldn’t have gone either way Munoz. We were never scoring tonight. Literally never came close. Hibs cruised it 1-0 after an early goal. Were happy to let us play about with it in the middle of the park. Easy win for them. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It couldn’t have gone either way Munoz. We were never scoring tonight. Literally never came close. Hibs cruised it 1-0 after an early goal. Were happy to let us play about with it in the middle of the park. Easy win for 

Disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Strange game. Absolutely nothing in it bar 1 very good finish. We were always in the game without really threatening much. We nullified Hibs well but Goody went back to the mental formation bingo during the 2and half. No real harm done though and to be still 8th after a tough away game isn't the end of the world. Big game at Dingwall next up.

Durmas sitter was probably our best chance. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Durmas sitter was probably our best chance. 

Generally that's been the issue - not creating enough decent chances!

JG clearly had a go, but Hibs are a top 4 side with a lot of decent players...  1 nil is no disaster at this stage.

We just have to beat RC next - see Stewart went off injured ! 3 points there and we move further away from the two worst teams in the league.

31 minutes ago, elvis said:

You are taking the piss. 

I enjoyed that game, we played very well and should have equalised.

That was against the second or third best form team in the league at their ground.

That was after ripping Rangers a new one a week previous.

That's in the context of the fact that 7 weeks ago our players looked like they had never seen a ball before.

The effort tonight was excellent and we were unlucky to lose to a cracking goal.

So take your misery, your venomous poison and your shite outlook on life and wallow in your own piss if that's what makes you happy (and to be fair it does seem to be your go to place). Life is way too short to have your stinking negative attitude.

Like Nicola - I'm kicking myself - did not pay attention to kick-off time and only saw the last half hour.

From what I saw in that time I thought we played well but we missed Doyle Hayes' composure and direction in midfield.

Having said that, I thought MacPherson and Erhahon played well, as did most of the team.

Based on this form we are more likely to move up rather than down the table before the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fair enough. I must’ve nodded off when we were peppering their goal. 

Only one team were looking to win that 2nd half and it wasn't Hibs.

I'm no saying we created much, but neither did Hibs. 

If you look at the substitutions both teams made, that should tell you enough.  Hibs were content shutting up shop for more or less the 2nd 45. If Durmas had taken that great chance he had,  then it's a different game. 

I never once said we peppered their goal,  I said it was a tight game that we deserved a draw from.

On to Dingwall. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Only one team were looking to win that 2nd half and it wasn't Hibs.

I'm no saying we created much, but neither did Hibs. 

If you look at the substitutions both teams made, that should tell you enough.  Hibs were content shutting up shop for more or less the 2nd 45. If Durmas had taken that great chance he had,  then it's a different game. 

I never once said we peppered their goal,  I said it was a tight game that we deserved a draw from.

On to Dingwall. 

Hibs were winning. What do you mean there was only one team trying to win? Hibs were trying to win by comfortably holding onto their lead.

Anyone satisfied with that tonight is seriously missing the point. 

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It couldn’t have gone either way Munoz. We were never scoring tonight. Literally never came close. Hibs cruised it 1-0 after an early goal. Were happy to let us play about with it in the middle of the park. Easy win for them. 

Obika and Durmus both had golden chances to equalise.

Maybe you were asleep or something? 😛