Saints v Shellic rescheduled. Again.

antrin

17 minutes ago, antrin said:
Due to our qualification for the Betfred Cup semi-final our match against , originally scheduled for Sunday 24th January 2021, will now take place at the SMiSA Stadium on Wednesday 10th February 2021 live on Sky Sports.

Does that mean their supporters will have to put up with Lennon until then. :whistle      We have a duty.

Edited by pod

47 minutes ago, antrin said:

Lennon would be a better 'scalp' than Mowbray was - at least he has been a winner for them...

Yes and no - Lennon inherited the dominant team in Scottish football, completing the "treble, treble" while not a foregone conclusion was not a outstanding achievement, however as I said at the time doing so would probably get him the gig on a full-time basis - I think manoeuvring Celtic into a poorer team than Sevco in 18 months is the true measure of the man.

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yes and no - Lennon inherited the dominant team in Scottish football, completing the "treble, treble" while not a foregone conclusion was not a outstanding achievement, however as I said at the time doing so would probably get him the gig on a full-time basis - I think manoeuvring Celtic into a poorer team than Sevco in 18 months is the true measure of the man.

Ooooh!  :lol:

You are taking no prisoners with your compassion, there!

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

A rather one sided view, not taking into account the improvements Rangers/Gerrard have made.

It's only been a short spell (recently) that Celtic have slipped, although the green hordes have, unsurprisingly, had a knee jerk reaction wanting him sacked. 

Early days, but the New Years day game (albeit on the 2nd january) takes on significantly more importance for Celtic than Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A rather one sided view, not taking into account the improvements Rangers/Gerrard have made.

It's only been a short spell (recently) that Celtic have slipped, although the green hordes have, unsurprisingly, had a knee jerk reaction wanting him sacked. 

Early days, but the New Years day game (albeit on the 2nd january) takes on significantly more importance for Celtic than Rangers. 

Sevco have improved but Sellic are a lot poorer as yesterday game showed

Jan 2nd will see the end of Lennon

Just now, windae cleaner said:

Sevco have improved but Sellic are a lot poorer as yesterday game showed

Jan 2nd will see the end of Lennon

Aye, they seem to have gone off the boil, no doubt, especially in defence.

If they lose he could well get the push, but it would probably be too late to catch Rangers anyway. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, they seem to have gone off the boil, no doubt, especially in defence.

If they lose he could well get the push, but it would probably be too late to catch Rangers anyway. 

The league is over

There's no way they will defeat Sevco 3 times as they need to do

They will drop more points against us diddies were Sevco just hammer them now

We should be looking getting at Sellic as all season has shown their fitness is suspect

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There seems to be more whining when we lose, funny that. :rolleyes:

Nothing to with winning or losing for me.

Yesterday's combination of presenters is the the best by far.

It's when we stray from this combination that the quality decreases markedly.

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

So even season ticket holders can’t watch this on saints tv? 
I find this odd, in the ‘normal’ world, you couldn’t stop people attending the game as it’s on Sky. A bit shite. 

IPTV it is.... 

Honestly, I've given up trying to understand the mindset of the business brains behind Scottish football.

I can't think of too many other businesses which seem to be run to deliberately reduce income streams.

If they are not restricting income by doing what you've described, they are over-pricing the product. Either way, they seem incapable of seeing the big picture.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Back to the game - they will be out for revenge. I am optimistic we can pull a historic double here! But I’m blinded with optimism and black and white tinted glasses tho....  

I don't see any reason whatsoever why we can't win again and I expect the players will be feeling exactly the same way. There should be no fear factor against these big two teams anymore.