Saints v Shellic rescheduled. Again.

antrin

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
3 hours ago, spankin_panda said:
So even season ticket holders can’t watch this on saints tv? 
I find this odd, in the ‘normal’ world, you couldn’t stop people attending the game as it’s on Sky. A bit shite. 
IPTV it is.... 

Any home game should be available to Saints fans.

Definitely. And it most certainly open to ST holders who have already paid to see it. The club are stealing money from us if we can't get to see  the game.

Edited by stlucifer

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly, I've given up trying to understand the mindset of the business brains behind Scottish football.

I can't think of too many other businesses which seem to be run to deliberately reduce income streams.

If they are not restricting income by doing what you've described, they are over-pricing the product. Either way, they seem incapable of seeing the big picture.

Sigh..................... did you think Sky get the game fort free? 

The SPFL announced on Monday it had agreed a five-year deal, worth £160million, with the broadcasting giant from 2020.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sigh..................... did you think Sky get the game fort free? 

The SPFL announced on Monday it had agreed a five-year deal, worth £160million, with the broadcasting giant from 2020.

Meanwhile, the EPL are being paid more than £1bn per year.

I'm not discussing business stuff with you.

We both know it's not your area and we'll just go round in circles.

Edited by oaksoft

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yip, made a fool of yourself on a thread about football again. :lol:

Time you retired from the forum, it's getting embarrassing.  :byebye

You HONESTLY are trying to compare the English league to ours? :hammer

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yip, made a fool of yourself on a thread about football again. :lol:

Time you retired from the forum, it's getting embarrassing.  :byebye

You HONESTLY are trying to compare the English league to ours? :hammer

I'm not a fan of Oakie but he is measuring the amount of money involved. If you recall, Setanta paid ridiculous, and ultimately, unsustainable amounts of money to Scottish football for the rights to show games. If that had went viral in a TV kind of way, it could have put Scottish football up there with the best. You could argue that Spanish/Italian/German football is far more appealing than English football but Sky's marketing has conned people into thinking the EPL is the best league in the world.

If Sky walked away from English football that league would be decimated.

Just now, stlucifer said:

I'm not a fan of Oakie but he is measuring the amount of money involved. If you recall, Setanta paid ridiculous, and ultimately, unsustainable amounts of money to Scottish football for the rights to show games. If that had went viral in a TV kind of way, it could have put Scottish football up there with the best. You could argue that Spanish/Italian/German football is far more appealing than English football but Sky's marketing has conned people into thinking the EPL is the best league in the world.

If Sky walked away from English football that league would be decimated.

It's not a relevant measurement to be seen as a criticism what we get here in Scotland.

IF what had went viral, Scottish football? You're having a laugh, right? 

The product HAS to be a decent level, Scottish football isn't.

It's a never ending debate, the best league, depending on how you measure it.

You could argue all you like but the bottom line is the English league is the most watched and probably most competitive, and as such get's the rewards.

If Sky walked away English football would adjust.  

Anyone thinking otherwise is just wishful thinking. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's not a relevant measurement to be seen as a criticism what we get here in Scotland.

IF what had went viral, Scottish football? You're having a laugh, right? 

The product HAS to be a decent level, Scottish football isn't.

It's a never ending debate, the best league, depending on how you measure it.

You could argue all you like but the bottom line is the English league is the most watched and probably most competitive, and as such get's the rewards.

If Sky walked away English football would adjust.  

Anyone thinking otherwise is just wishful thinking. 

Look. Sometimes I see your ridiculous posts and have to comment.

I know it belittles me but I just do.

I correct your stupidity, then move on. 

#Hope this helps.

22 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Setanta paid ridiculous, and ultimately, unsustainable amounts of money to Scottish football for the rights to show games.

I thought Setanta only went bust due to trying to pay the extortionate amount the EPL demanded but was relatively successful when it just did Irish and Scottish football

https://footballpink.net/setanta-premier-league/

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Why dont u stick to slagging off old  national war heroes.. certainly your area.... 

17 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

So even season ticket holders can’t watch this on saints tv? 
I find this odd, in the ‘normal’ world, you couldn’t stop people attending the game as it’s on Sky. A bit shite. 

IPTV it is.... 

I contacted the SLO about this after I found out that Rangers ST holders can watch RTV even when it's shown on Sky/BT.

"It’s been confirmed that the game is indeed included for season ticket holders."

2 hours ago, alexang5 said:

I contacted the SLO about this after I found out that Rangers ST holders can watch RTV even when it's shown on Sky/BT.

"It’s been confirmed that the game is indeed included for season ticket holders."

Ah ok, so ST’s get it? I didn’t know, that’s good. I felt a bit robbed if it wasn’t included. 
Im looking forward to the game, refreshing to be playing either of the 2 fae Glasgow and optimistic that we can get a result. 

Ah ok, so ST’s get it? I didn’t know, that’s good. I felt a bit robbed if it wasn’t included. 
Im looking forward to the game, refreshing to be playing either of the 2 fae Glasgow and optimistic that we can get a result. 
From memory sky were compensated with additional games included in their broadcasting package. Something about the amount of season tickets numbers being capped to previous season.

5 hours ago, alexang5 said:

Ha ha. It’s amazing what a fuss folk can make about something when they haven’t even bothered to find out the facts. 

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ha ha. It’s amazing what a fuss folk can make about something when they haven’t even bothered to find out the facts. 

It was mentioned a couple of times by the commentator on Saturday, that the game would be broadcast on SMTV for international customers only. Hence I contacted the SLO to find out if it was true or not.

44 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness I was taking the interviewer on the channel at her word when she said it wouldn't be on SMTV due to it being shown on Sky. I'm pretty certain that's where others got their information.

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

To be fair there is a consUderable difference in both quality and choice when comparing football here in Scotland with what is available in Engerland, not defining but it is a fact