Saints v Shellic rescheduled. Again.

antrin

51 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Nervy about this one. All results are possible... Just hope we compete and get something out of it - a win would mark an amazing double over them...

Need the whole team to play near their best and them to play without confidence... Ajer off early would help !

Hope we score some more good goals...        

I'm just hoping we score. 

2 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

I would argue 'the best' players in the world are NOT playing in England. 

Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski, Neymar, M'bappe, Haaland. 

The first 5 are probably the top 5 in the world, and none of them play in England. Only one of them ever has. 

I’m happy for you to make this valid claim PB as it only serves to further make the basic point I’m trying to make i.e that the EPL isnae the best. 
That said, you highlight a relatively small group of top players and I bet they’ll all play n England at some point. I still think that overall the money will mean that there is a greater concentration of “top” players in England than anywhere else, but as I’ve already said, I don’t believe that makes EPL better, or more entertaining than the others. 

Anyway!!! Murn 2 Celtic 0 👍

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m happy for you to make this valid claim PB as it only serves to further make the basic point I’m trying to make i.e that the EPL isnae the best. 
That said, you highlight a relatively small group of top players and I bet they’ll all play n England at some point. I still think that overall the money will mean that there is a greater concentration of “top” players in England than anywhere else, but as I’ve already said, I don’t believe that makes EPL better, or more entertaining than the others. 

Anyway!!! Murn 2 Celtic 0 👍

The thing with the EPL is that eventually it will fail just purely down to the money clubs are shelling out in wages, once this happens and I dont think it's too far off with some clubs hemorrhaging money like they are then these 'top' players will just jump to another league. The financial pressure of staying in premier league unfortunately means that there are more teams grinding out results instead of the free flowing footy you would expect. Also the mess clubs who get relegated get themselves into if they don't get promoted back within the parachute payment time is quite staggering for instance Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds fall into that category albeit Leeds got themselves together eventually.

Anyway celts are there for the taking again COYS

3 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

The thing with the EPL is that eventually it will fail just purely down to the money clubs are shelling out in wages, once this happens and I dont think it's too far off with some clubs hemorrhaging money like they are then these 'top' players will just jump to another league. The financial pressure of staying in premier league unfortunately means that there are more teams grinding out results instead of the free flowing footy you would expect. Also the mess clubs who get relegated get themselves into if they don't get promoted back within the parachute payment time is quite staggering for instance Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds fall into that category albeit Leeds got themselves together eventually.

Anyway celts are there for the taking again COYS

Been a story, or wish, for years.

I'll wager it'll outlast most on this forum. 

What clubs are haemorrhaging money? 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Been a story, or wish, for years.

I'll wager it'll outlast most on this forum. 

What clubs are haemorrhaging money? 

I would say most clubs FS, you surely cannot keep shelling out that amount of money without things going tits up eventually. I'm not naive to say that gate money alone pays players wages but it goes a long way to service debt along with all other matchday income. Clubs like Sheffield United not providing funds in transfer window for one. Whether they are being prudent and preparing for championship footy or genuinely no money is one. West Brom who may have went gun ho on desperation of staying up could come back to bite them in the bum. I'd say they are more.

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

2 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I would say most clubs FS, you surely cannot keep shelling out that amount of money without things going tits up eventually. I'm not naive to say that gate money alone pays players wages but it goes a long way to service debt along with all other matchday income. Clubs like Sheffield United not providing funds in transfer window for one. Whether they are being prudent and preparing for championship footy or genuinely no money is one. West Brom who may have went gun ho on desperation of staying up could come back to bite them in the bum. I'd say they are more.

Ok, we'll leave it at that. :lol:

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anybody watchin the tie tonight in the self proclaimed greatest cup competition in the world, contested by two teams from the self proclaimed best league in the world?

What a f**kin snorefest. 

Oh, that means the English league is shite then. :lol:

PS Latest scores for this continued theme. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

So the club might actually be making more money this season (hence signing bropby)because we can now have at least 10 thousand at home games against old firm rather than 6500,and not needing security or police either and not losing sales at pie stalls as led to believe that's a franchise so we actually might be better off,just a thought 

6 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

So the club might actually be making more money this season (hence signing bropby)because we can now have at least 10 thousand at home games against old firm rather than 6500,and not needing security or police either and not losing sales at pie stalls as led to believe that's a franchise so we actually might be better off,just a thought 

Only if the game is not on Sky. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anybody watchin the tie tonight in the self proclaimed greatest cup competition in the world, contested by two teams from the self proclaimed best league in the world?

What a f**kin snorefest. 

I dunno...  :rolleyes:

I glanced at the match’s progress during the ITV3 ad breaks of Midsomer Murders and was charmed by what I saw!

Took me right back to the Gus glory years of stringing elegantly cautious pass after pass  together all across the defence to midfield then back again.

And again.    And...

Two hours  of sporadic snore fest football, with every minute aspiring to be taken to “the next level”...

19 hours ago, antrin said:

How can you agree with someone so renowned for being two-faced,  consistently stupid and regularly wrong?  :lol:

Because although I have had some altercations wi the wee man, he knows what he is talking about and is more often right than wrong and given that so much of what is debated on here is opinion, he is entitled to his opinion just as much as you are to yours. he has his foibles ........... but then again! don't we all?

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Because although I have had some altercations wi the wee man, he knows what he is talking about and is more often right than wrong and given that so much of what is debated on here is opinion, he is entitled to his opinion just as much as you are to yours. he has his foibles ........... but then again! don't we all?

:lol: