Saints v Shellic rescheduled. Again.

antrin

7 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Can anyone in the Paisley area give an update on a possible pitch inspection? BBC Weather gives temperature in Paisley at kick-off as minus 4. Where I live (east of Scotland) we have at least a foot of snow at the moment. Any snow in Paisley, and what about a frozen surface?

I'd hope the undersoil heating would take care of the cold and as there's no snow forecast for the Paisley area today/tonight I'd be surprised if there's a threat to the match going ahead. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry. I’ll try to keep up. 👍

Livi’s “all weather” pitch f**ked again? Bloody disgrace if you ask me. (Which in fairness, ye didnae 😁)

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry. I’ll try to keep up. 👍

Livi’s “all weather” pitch f**ked again? Bloody disgrace if you ask me. (Which in fairness, ye didnae 😁)

In fairness, becoming the new intro before people pick a hole in your post, there's nothing wrong with the pitch, it's the volume of snow which is the problem. 

As I read the article they simply don't have enough room to put it if they were to remove it.

In fairness, seems reasonable. 🙄

Thanks for the reassurance about the weather and the game, guys. Will get the laptop moved over beside the tv and plugged in ready to watch the game on the big screen.

Can we beat them twice in a fortnight? Surely would be a never-to-be-beaten record if we do! They're better than they were, but not firing on all cylinders yet, so why not?

COYS!!

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

In fairness, becoming the new intro before people pick a hole in your post, there's nothing wrong with the pitch, it's the volume of snow which is the problem. 

As I read the article they simply don't have enough room to put it if they were to remove it.

They would then say the water on the pitch has turned to ice and is unplayable.

Well it was something like that that cause the 2 games against the Dons to be called off  :rolleyes:

In fairness, seems reasonable. [emoji849]

I'm sure the manager could find somewhere to stash a load of white powdery stuff. [emoji848]

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry FS. There is very much something wrong with the pitch. It’s unplayable. Every grass pitch in the league would be playable because clubs had to invest in undersoil heating. However every time it snows heavily or rains heavily their games have to be postponed. It quite literally shouldn’t be allowed.

Additionally, I don’t know if you’ve been to Almondvale and seen the pitch close up? It’s an absolutely terrible surface at the best of times.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry FS. There is very much something wrong with the pitch. It’s unplayable. Every grass pitch in the league would be playable because clubs had to invest in undersoil heating. However every time it snows heavily or rains heavily their games have to be postponed. It quite literally shouldn’t be allowed.

Additionally, I don’t know if you’ve been to Almondvale and seen the pitch close up? It’s an absolutely terrible surface at the best of times.

I don't really care TBH, has little, or no, affect on me so I let it go..........................:thumbs2

Right, score for tonight.................................1-1 anyone? 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I don't really care TBH, has little, or no, affect on me so I let it go..........................:thumbs2

Right, score for tonight.................................1-1 anyone? 

Aye each to their own. I guess my point was that as a supporter of a club who had to spend good money on USH, I very much do care. In as much as folk care about fitba teams that is. I don’t mean it’s going to ruin my life 😀

Correct Score . 2-0 👍

My original score prediction based in historical games where we are usually unlikely to beat them twice in quick succession was

Saints 1-3 Celtic

However, these are not normal times and I think like I predicted last time against them it will be

Saints 2-1 Celtic

But hey, what on earth do I know [emoji16] ... no quote required Faraway [emoji3]

We’ll miss Dennis tonight, but I think JG would have started Obika on his own anyway, just to shake it up a bit. I do not think Celtic’s defenders will relish being up against him. Hope he harasses and bullies them right from the start.

Jak back and the normal back four, but very unsure of the rest.

Nothing to fear, but the result really could be anything.

I’d love to see us score first and go on to win (again), but I have no expectations of that happening. Celtic have great attacking players who, on their day, can trouble anyone and won’t be overly disappointed with the final result as long as we have a go and give a good account of ourselves.

COYS !!

Every chance of winning this tonight.

It doesn't matter that we beat them less than a fortnight ago and that doing them twice in quick succession and doing Rangers as well in the same few weeks is unheard of.

None of that matters.

They are absolutely as beatable tonight as they were at Parkhead.

Probably more so given that the league has definitely gone for them.

We have more to play for than they do tonight so let's get out there and do them.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Every chance of winning this tonight.

It doesn't matter that we beat them less than a fortnight ago and that doing them twice in quick succession and doing Rangers as well in the same few weeks is unheard of.

None of that matters.

They are absolutely as beatable tonight as they were at Parkhead.

Probably more so given that the league has definitely gone for them.

We have more to play for than they do tonight so let's get out there and do them.

:lol:

Anybody help with a question about logging in to saints TV? My grandson has been able to watch with us up till now but that's not possible ATM. He tried logging in with his own ST info and he couldn't get access. He has a middle name on his ticket. so I told him to hyphen between all names. Anyone have a double barrelled name on the ST and, if so, do you use all three names for access?