Saints v Shellic rescheduled. Again.

antrin

It shouldn't and musn't.
FFS we are in 6th place with games in hand.
Any chance we could stop the catastrophising?
It was one shit game.
Spot on. Still ours for the taking especially with the teams immediately above and below us meeting on Saturday and the Fakes playing Septic. After that 5 winnable home games. Definitely firmly in the box seat although injuries and the ludicrous schedule are a concern.

1 minute ago, Smithers Jones said:

You thought JDH played well ? He was absolutely dreadful all night.

He covered a lot of ground and stopped lots of their attacks. He also got the ball forward more times than any of the rest of our players. His distribution was also better than most of the rest of our team.. though the standard wasn't hard to beat...

Not sure what role you think he plays and what else you expected from him...

3 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

All the more reason to not get complacent. 

We've all seen collapses over the years at various levels.

Hopefully the players take tonight as a lesson and push on with their recent form.

This result will in my opinion derail our whole season. 

Clearly you dont understand the term banter im on here to keep up with anything St mirren and have bant/chat with fellow stmirren supporters as im yet to find a fellow Buddie in Aàrhus. I am never abusive or personal 

Obviously that’s why your on here! And welcome you are buddy. And I sympathise being in Denmark in winter! [emoji3] I lived in Eskilstuna Sweden for a few years and the banter isn’t there, it’s a Scandinavian thing . I also worked beside two Danes.. jeez were they racist [emoji20] Not that all Danes are just mostly right wing [emoji848]
Aarhus no a bad team are they not?

2 minutes ago, ironsaints87 said:

Obviously that’s why your on here! And welcome you are buddy. And I sympathise being in Denmark in winter! emoji3.png I lived in Eskilstuna Sweden for a few years and the banter isn’t there, it’s a Scandinavian thing . I also worked beside two Danes.. jeez were they racist emoji20.png Not that all Danes are just mostly right wing emoji848.png

Nice, a new love affair. 😍

Hardest thing to take about tonight is that we just got battered by the worst Celtic team since the one we battered 4-0.

We were terrible tonight. No excuses. Poor in virtually every department. 
Hope Goody goes right thru them and gets their focus back for another tough game on Saturday. 
Folk saying we played them tonight the way we used to play them. I disagree. I think we were just utter shite tonight. A proper Celtic team could’ve taken any number off us tonight. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hardest thing to take about tonight is that we just got battered by the worst Celtic team since the one we battered 4-0.

Hope Goody goes right thru them and gets their focus back for another tough game on Saturday. 
Folk saying we played them tonight the way we used to play them. I disagree. I think we were just utter shite tonight. A proper Celtic team could’ve taken any number off us tonight. 

That's ma boy. :lol:

3 minutes ago, ironsaints87 said:

Obviously that’s why your on here! And welcome you are buddy. And I sympathise being in Denmark in winter! emoji3.png I lived in Eskilstuna Sweden for a few years and the banter isn’t there, it’s a Scandinavian thing . I also worked beside two Danes.. jeez were they racist emoji20.png Not that all Danes are just mostly right wing emoji848.png

Yeah they dont quite get it like we do but house parties are  good laugh. It confused me yhe first year when they celebrate xmas on 24th play football for an ex pats team good laugh winters can be a tad cold  AGF are decent sitting 3rd in super league 3 behind Brøndby

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He covered a lot of ground and stopped lots of their attacks. He also got the ball forward more times than any of the rest of our players. His distribution was also better than most of the rest of our team.. though the standard wasn't hard to beat...

Not sure what role you think he plays and what else you expected from him...

I expect all of this, but none of this happened.

McGrath injury put paid to any lofty ambitions of another famous win. The first goal was terrible defensively and we collapsed after they got that spot kick. Even my Cellic supporting mate texted me and said, never a penalty. While they had nearly all the ball, we were just about holding on. Poor overall performance so we need to regroup and get ready for Aberdeen.

Poor season or not we are the 6th or 7th different team in the league they have beaten by 3 clear goals or more. Folk are going on as if we were the first team they have hammered all season, they have fone it to half the league !

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

This result will in my opinion derail our whole season. 

Well that gave me a good laugh.

Celtic are a class above St Mirren at all times. If we ever get a result against them its because they have hugely underperformed. They are starting to get a wee bit of from together so its no surprise they done us tonight. First 20 we were decent though and matched them till McGrath got injured.

As it is I think St J and Motherwell will be above us come the end of the season. Not sure about Livi but think we will be above the rest

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Trying to make sense of a post from elvis suggests alcohol is involved. :lol:

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Poor season or not we are the 6th or 7th different team in the league they have beaten by 3 clear goals or more. Folk are going on as if we were the first team they have hammered all season, they have fone it to half the league !

I think this would suggest you are right FS.

Don’t know if I’m included in your “folk” Ayrshire, but if you’re trying to say Celtic weren’t shite tonight, then I’d say you’ve most definitely been on the sauce. 

A tough watch tonight but reality check required. We were the better team until the bizarre injury to McGrath. A complete shit show afterwards although a very soft penalty ended the game as a contest. Ref was rotten throughout.

A hard task on Saturday now. Dennis out and possibly McGrath for the season. Brophy has injured a foot, no idea how long out. Maybe Quaner will be back.

I fear for top 6 if McGrath is gubbed for the season. No relegation fears though so let's see how we get on!

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

FFS Ayrshire, how long have you been on this forum. 

I'm telling you we will struggle from here on In Mark my words especially with Mcgrath looking like he's going to be out a while and Dennis out for rest of the season if we manage to get tenth I will be happy. 

Yeah they dont quite get it like we do but house parties are  good laugh. It confused me yhe first year when they celebrate xmas on 24th play football for an ex pats team good laugh winters can be a tad cold  AGF are decent sitting 3rd in super league 3 behind Brøndby

I loved the summers but winter was brutal always dark. Still , do miss the place. Don’t miss pickled herring and the smorgasbord 🤢And they don’t have the west of Scotland dampness!

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

But it's ok to get euphoric when we beat them? :blink:

You don't get football at all. :lol:

Thought the 1st half was pretty even( neither keeper with no saves), 2nd half,  Celtic were far ahead of us. Still wouldn't describe it as a shite performance. Until the soft as fuk penalty (Obika's against Killie was more of a pen) , we were still in the game. 

After we went 2 down , we fell apart for 5, 10 mins and the damage was done.