Saints v Shellic rescheduled. Again.

antrin

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Thought the 1st half was pretty even( neither keeper with no saves), 2nd half,  Celtic were far ahead of us. Still wouldn't describe it as a shite performance. Until the soft as fuk penalty (Obika's against Killie was more of a pen) , we were still in the game. 

After we went 2 down , we fell apart for 5, 10 mins and the damage was done.

I never said, or suggested, it was.

As I mentioned, we've had our fair share of soft penalties, them's the breaks.

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm telling you we will struggle from here on In Mark my words especially with Mcgrath looking like he's going to be out a while and Dennis out for rest of the season if we manage to get tenth I will be happy. 

Good stuff. Your happiness is all that concerns me and if 10th place will secure it, then I’m confident you’ll be a happy man Elvis 😀

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

We’re all frustrated by tonight. Think we expected something from the game. The injury changed game and the penalty was very soft. So it’s on to Aberdeen and a number of winnable games coming up at home. Fact we are disappointed and yet the club is sitting sixth with games in hand shows progress

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yeah, the 2nd at Tannadice definitely falls into that category. 

Things went against us tonight and they were on it 2nd half. No complaints overall. 

Dust ourselves down and pump the sheep. 

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

Thought the 1st half was pretty even( neither keeper with no saves), 2nd half,  Celtic were far ahead of us. Still wouldn't describe it as a shite performance. Until the soft as fuk penalty (Obika's against Killie was more of a pen) , we were still in the game. 

After we went 2 down , we fell apart for 5, 10 mins and the damage was done.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well I’d definitely suggest it was a shite performance. 
The first half may have been “even”. Two evenly shite performances. Our passing in the first half was absolutely shocking. We surrendered possession on any number of occasions and it was only Celtic’s equal shiteness that let us away with it.

That said, I’m putting it down to a terrible night at the office. I know what we’re like and it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we went out and turned it back on against Aberdeen on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Good stuff. Your happiness is all that concerns me and if 10th place will secure it, then I’m confident you’ll be a happy man Elvis 😀

He won't be happy until we're in the Vauxhall Conference. 

The strangest mindset I've ever encountered. 

2 minutes ago, ironsaints87 said:

We’re all frustrated by tonight. Think we expected something from the game. The injury changed game and the penalty was very soft. So it’s on to Aberdeen and a number of winnable games coming up at home. Fact we are disappointed and yet the club is sitting sixth with games in hand shows progress

This concerns me more than the result.  

37 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think this would suggest you are right FS.

Don’t know if I’m included in your “folk” Ayrshire, but if you’re trying to say Celtic weren’t shite tonight, then I’d say you’ve most definitely been on the sauce. 

Celtic were very good in the second half. Starting to get into gear. If you can't see that then your on the sauce ?

Unfortunately for us we are losing too many of our better players at key stage of season and it showed in second half

Time for a wee bit of calm.

There was, as suspected, the usual knee jerk reaction recently, threads springing up about where we'll finish and Europe being a possibility. :rolleyes:

After tonight, it's all back to gloom and doom.

I've always stuck to the mantra the end of the season is time to assess where we are as a club. 

One thing to remember, we're, as good as safe, something we've not experienced for a while.

Steady the ship, hope the manager and players put tonight behind them quickly, a winnable game coming up against an Aberdeen side that are absolutely mince. 

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well I’d definitely suggest it was a shite performance. 
The first half may have been “even”. Two evenly shite performances. Our passing in the first half was absolutely shocking. We surrendered possession on any number of occasions and it was only Celtic’s equal shiteness that let us away with it.

That said, I’m putting it down to a terrible night at the office. I know what we’re like and it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we went out and turned it back on against Aberdeen on Saturday. 

No chance.We will get gubbed again it will be weeks before we get a result again. This could be a collapse of Raith Rovers fashion. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There was, as suspected, the usual knee jerk reaction recently, threads springing up about where we'll finish and Europe being a possibility. :rolleyes:

I've always stuck to the mantra the end of the season is time to assess where we are as a club. 

One thing to remember, we're, as good as safe, something we've not experienced for a while.

Steady the ship, hope the manager and players put tonight behind them quickly, a winnable game coming up against an Aberdeen side that are absolutely mince. 

Our ever growing injury list is beginning to be a bit of a worry.  Dennis, Brophy and now McGrath possibly out, that's important players we're missing. Hopefully Quaner is back on Saturday,  and is good.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It’s not back to doom and gloom for me. I’m just critiquing what I thought was a terrible performance.

I still very much think we can get 5th place. Tonight’s horror show doesn’t change that.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s not back to doom and gloom for me. I’m just critiquing what I thought was a terrible performance.

I still very much think we can get 5th place. Tonight’s horror show doesn’t change that.

I didn't, and try not to, mention individuals, either when they get carried away or mirror the drivel that comes from elvis. :rolleyes:

I'm only being generic in my view of the last week or so and tonight.

Edited by faraway saint

I said to my son early in the first half we were so far back in our own half that they they were guaranteed to get a penalty at some point and so it came to pass. It was one of the worst performance I have seen in a long time we stood so far of them they could do whatever they liked it was shockingly bad. 

A bit like the Hibs game, a bad day at the office and we move on.

Not many positives to take from tonight so best we move on, swiftly, to Aberdeen.

Never held out much hope for points from tonight, or this weekend, and will view anything from Dons as a bonus.

Home games against Staggies, Accies and Well are far more important.