Ross County (a) Boxing Day

Bud the Baker

As good as our recent run has been and doing so many things anti-St Mirren, scoring headers, set pieces, strikers scoring etc, our 3 matches in last week we have been a goal down early doors and although we came from behind to win 2 of them a team like us who are normally low goalscorers & struggling at end of the table we need to ditch this bad habit ASAP.

3 points any way tomorrow will do but in full Kevin Keegan mode would absolutely love it if we beat(hammered) them as cannot stand John Hughes one bit.

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

3 points any way tomorrow will do but in full Kevin Keegan mode would absolutely love it if we beat(hammered) them as cannot stand John Hughes one bit.

Yes, I remember Hughes' rant at Raith Rovers players after we beat them 5-0 in Paisley a few years back. Not very professional and not surprising that they went on to be relegated. He is very much old school in my opinion (or he was at that time anyway).  

Here's hoping that he hasn't changed and won't get much out of the Ross County players today. A win by a couple of goals would be nice, with our strikers getting on the scoresheet for a change. 

As always, COYS!!                                        

1 minute ago, pondsman said:

Yes, I remember Hughes' rant at Raith Rovers players after we beat them 5-0 in Paisley a few years back. Not very professional and not surprising that they went on to be relegated. He is very much old school in my opinion (or he was at that time anyway).  

Here's hoping that he hasn't changed and won't get much out of the Ross County players today. A win by a couple of goals would be nice, with our strikers getting on the scoresheet for a change. 

As always, COYS!!                                        

As opposed to our goal scorers against St Johnstone?

25 minutes ago, HSS said:

Seemingly the hotel the team were booked into for lunch today have cancelled the booking.

Hope there’s a Greggs in Dingwall.

Thats disappointing for us, but i can see why the government had to act. In Highland there are 26 Covid infections per 100,000 people. Really scary stuff, no surprise everything needs to shut.

(copyright basil85).

Highland going from tier 1 to tier 4 quicker than Rangers.

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

As good as our recent run has been and doing so many things anti-St Mirren, scoring headers, set pieces, strikers scoring etc, our 3 matches in last week we have been a goal down early doors and although we came from behind to win 2 of them a team like us who are normally low goalscorers & struggling at end of the table we need to ditch this bad habit ASAP.

I like John Hughes. Good football coach and well capable. Think he is a good appointment by RC. Big job for him as Raith didn't happen for him and needs to make a mark this time. Hoepfully not starting with us today.

We need to win these type of matches to show that an 11 game unbeaten run actually meant something.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Thats disappointing for us, but i can see why the government had to act. In Highland there are 26 Covid infections per 100,000 people. Really scary stuff, no surprise everything needs to shut.

(copyright basil85).

Highland going from tier 1 to tier 4 quicker than Rangers.

The Blue Vermin didn't.

36 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I like John Hughes. Good football coach and well capable. Think he is a good appointment by RC. Big job for him as Raith didn't happen for him and needs to make a mark this time. Hoepfully not starting with us today.

We need to win these type of matches to show that an 11 game unbeaten run actually meant something.

I don't rate Hughes as a manager one bit. The hardman manager died out a while ago and IMO is why a lot of players don't make it. Scared to take a man on etc incase they get the wrath of the manager if they lose ball and they end up losing natural abilities. Saying that its his 1st home game so players will be fired up so really can't see us getting anything apart from a draw today.

Just now, God of war said:

I don't rate Hughes as a manager one bit. The hardman manager died out a while ago and IMO is why a lot of players don't make it. Scared to take a man on etc incase they get the wrath of the manager if they lose ball and they end up losing natural abilities. Saying that its his 1st home game so players will be fired up so really can't see us getting anything apart from a draw today.

He's only been out of the game 3 years and was pretty successful up to then. Think the hardman stuff is a bit overplayed. Lot more to John Hughes than that.

Why their players being fired up is an issue I'm dubious about also as I expect our player to be every bit as fired up

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Seemingly the hotel the team were booked into for lunch today have cancelled the booking.

Hope there’s a Greggs in Dingwall.

Jim stated his wife was making turkey sandwiches for the team today. Must have been a 12 stone turkey on their table ffs😀

Edited by Guest

I, personally, don't rate Hughes either.

Limitated in many ways IMO but saying that his record, overall, is average to decent taking into account the teams/clubs he's been at with limited resources.

image.png.4fd582b23c3b672afea9ab083bc07d78.png

Better than our current manager, and over a much longer period of games.

image.png.7ed59ebd6985b0959db1d8838bdd871f.png

Edited by faraway saint

12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Strange how someone could have so much hatred for John Hughes, always thought of him as a really decent guy...maybe its a personal thing..😂

Anyway this is the kind of game we really should be winning if we're serious about a top 6 finish... Hope we get tore right into them from the first minute...Mon Saints..