Ross County (a) Boxing Day

Bud the Baker

Just now, faraway saint said:

I never thought we'd lose, even before they got players sent off, but I have to be honest, we didn't look like winning it.

At the end of the day nothing maters except the result.

Absolutely, I was watching the sevco game and they found it hard to grind out a win. Celtic were also awful in the first half. I think the weather had a big say today 

We really do make things hard for ourselves. Trying to beat players when a pass is on; poor crossing and just lumping the ball into the box assuming they don't hit the first man; not enough shots from the edge of the box. But we got there in the end in terrible conditions which didn't lead to any decent football. The players that had a chance to impress today did little to take that opportunity although maybe Dennis will get a wee bit more game time to see what he can do.

But onwards and upwards.

We really do make things hard for ourselves. Trying to beat players when a pass is on; poor crossing and just lumping the ball into the box assuming they don't hit the first man; not enough shots from the edge of the box. But we got there in the end in terrible conditions which didn't lead to any decent football. The players that had a chance to impress today did little to take that opportunity although maybe Dennis will get a wee bit more game time to see what he can do.
But onwards and upwards.
[emoji1375][emoji1375]This

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Despite me being an enthusiast for Morias' energy, he really depressed me today with his inability to beat a player and how seldom he managed to complete a cross.

He had one good-ish shot.  He needs goals more than Dennis, for confidence. 

Our confidence in him as a forward.

Edited by antrin

Easy to be critical sitting in the comfort of our homes - but the effort was there in huge quantities - just like the rain and wind.

It was also good to see Ryan Flynn come on for a few minutes at long last and for Dennis to get his first goal for the club.

Some on here won't be happy until we win the Champion's League!

Good match.

In total control of the game even when RC had 11 men on the pitch.

Durmus and Morias both played well and caused them all sorts of problems. Good skills and ball control and both prepared to shoot.

Bringing off Erwin and McAllister was absolutely the right call.

Defensively we were a bit slacker than normal and we had a few close shaves.

Overall we look a solid unit and we have every reason to believe we can beat Rangers again in midweek.

I said at the start of the season that we were as good as anyone outside the current top 4 and I've seen nothing to convince me that we are not good enough to be thinking about aiming at a finish of 5th place. We absolutely need to shut the door on any worries about relegation because that simply isn't happening this season.

Enjoy the ride folks. We've not experienced this sort of season in the top flight since the 1980s.

44 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I take it that the Ref didn't know Ross Draper's name so just kept blowing his whistle instead of calling him to the side for his dismissal. emoji848.png

I stopped counting at 10 blows, was there more? emoji23.png

That Ross Draper really is a tit. He was only getting a booking but refused to go back to the ref. Thought the ref was gonna wear out his pea in his whistle the way he kept blowing to get Drapers attention !!!!

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Good match.

In total control of the game even when RC had 11 men on the pitch.

Durmus and Morias both played well and caused them all sorts of problems. Good skills and ball control and both prepared to shoot.

Bringing off Erwin and McAllister was absolutely the right call.

Defensively we were a bit slacker than normal and we had a few close shaves.

Overall we look a solid unit and we have every reason to believe we can beat Rangers again in midweek.

I said at the start of the season that we were as good as anyone outside the current top 4 and I've seen nothing to convince me that we are not good enough to be thinking about aiming at a finish of 5th place. We absolutely need to shut the door on any worries about relegation because that simply isn't happening this season.

Enjoy the ride folks. We've not experienced this sort of season in the top flight since the 1980s.

Fairly accurate summation of the match.

The only comment I would take issue is that in my view there is not much separating anyone outside the sectarian twosome.

Thought we were woeful. Result is what its all about.

For me great to see Flynn back and also Dennis getting on the scoresheet with a neat header.

Dennis for me has been getting a lot of nonsense spoken about him.  Had a bad injury and been getting 10-15 mins here and there.

I have a sneaky feeling he may prove to be best finisher at the club but needs to be paired with someone, can't play up on his own. 

Morais has been better in Hibs and RC matches but still for me way behind Connolly, Durmus and Flynn. Flynn being the best of that 3.

Erwin and McAllister well best not really go there !

6 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Fairly accurate summation of the match.

The only comment I would take issue is that in my view there is not much separating anyone outside the sectarian twosome.

I agree but the difference in Hibs and Aberdeen is that they are able to string wins together. We can compete as equals with both but they are getting results where the rest of us are struggling. That's the only difference. If we could get some consistency those two teams could be in our sights as well but right now it's just a great feeling not to be worrying about the results of teams around us.

Maybe next season Jim will be able to see how we can get that consistency.