Ross County (a) Boxing Day

Bud the Baker

Great result, if not the best of performance by what I've just read here, but couldn't have been too bad as Elvis was pretty subdued,  hopefully the team have saved a bit for sevco and can get a good result. We can then show the rest of the League were a team to be reckoned with now. and the cup game was no fluke.

The Saints are Back where we belong 

Great result, if not the best of performance by what I've just read here, but couldn't have been too bad as Elvis was pretty subdued,  hopefully the team have saved a bit for sevco and can get a good result. We can then show the rest of the League were a team to be reckoned with now. and the cup game was no fluke.

The Saints are Back where we belong 

Thought we did really well at working ball left to right especially against nine men, without the quality last ball etc. Morias is so annoying does all the hard work then messes up. However got the goals required. A bit concerned in first half as County dominated us though that might be partly down to new manager bounce and lousy weather. Overall great result at difficult venue

Travelled up to Dingwall day of game, weather horrific, no places open for food, change outside ground then play in terrible conditions with a team who has new manager. Great result up there today.

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

A bit concerned in first half as County dominated us though that might be partly down to new manager bounce and lousy weather. 

and not having to spend three hours on the road.  

St.Mirren might also have been suffering from a bit of cold turkey. :wink:

Edited by pod

32 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Thought we did really well at working ball left to right especially against nine men, without the quality last ball etc. Morias is so annoying does all the hard work then messes up. However got the goals required. A bit concerned in first half as County dominated us though that might be partly down to new manager bounce and lousy weather. Overall great result at difficult venue

I agree Morias can do a lot of good work and go by a player very easily. However 99/100 his final ball is shocking. He cant shoot at one point today he was about 12 yards out and if not for hitting a defender the ball was heading for the corner flag. At one point in 2nd half he took a ball the was dinked half the field to him over the defender cut back about 20 yards the back heeled it to a County player. Needs to go back to basics 

5 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

I agree Morias can do a lot of good work and go by a player very easily. However 99/100 his final ball is shocking. He cant shoot at one point today he was about 12 yards out and if not for hitting a defender the ball was heading for the corner flag. At one point in 2nd half he took a ball the was dinked half the field to him over the defender cut back about 20 yards the back heeled it to a County player. Needs to go back to basics 

He had the courage to try that back heel. If it had come off we'd have been raving about it.

We really do make things hard for ourselves. Trying to beat players when a pass is on; poor crossing and just lumping the ball into the box assuming they don't hit the first man; not enough shots from the edge of the box. But we got there in the end in terrible conditions which didn't lead to any decent football. The players that had a chance to impress today did little to take that opportunity although maybe Dennis will get a wee bit more game time to see what he can do.
But onwards and upwards.
It's a ridiculous schedule so I see it more as a rotation policy by Goodwin rather than him giving players a chance to impress.

Not getting the criticism of Morais. Yes his decision making is poor but he beat their full back umpteen times today and forced their keeper into a couple of saves. He also doesn't hide and is always looking for the ball. If he was a finisher as well he probably wouldn't be playing at our level.

As a squad we are doing fine right now. Let's hope this transfer window doesn't upset what is a pretty harmonious apple cart.

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It's a ridiculous schedule so I see it more as a rotation policy by Goodwin rather than him giving players a chance to impress.

Not getting the criticism of Morais. Yes his decision making is poor but he beat their full back umpteen times today and forced their keeper into a couple of saves. He also doesn't hide and is always looking for the ball. If he was a finisher as well he probably wouldn't be playing at our level.

As a squad we are doing fine right now. Let's hope this transfer window doesn't upset what is a pretty harmonious apple cart.

Can only see transfer window making squad stronger. Need JDH signed up longer...

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You still wouldn't have made it in 3 hours in a car on a sunny day.

Maybe you slept for some of the journey? :rolleyes:

Was over 20 years ago (so timing might out) and yes probably was sleeping, as I wasn't driving.  Elgin Franklin at Nigg.  My last oil related job. 

31 minutes ago, pod said:

I have (worked at Nigg) but I wasnie driving a bus in a storm. 

So did I.  1976  I had just turned 19

Was up there roughly 2 yr when they built the 3rd oil rig,   Was told that was the rig in the Piper Alpha Disaster. not sure if that's true or not. :unsure: 

Took over 4 hours back then, there was no Kessock Bridge in those days 

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I want Morais to do well, but he reminds me of Jose quitongo, does all the hard stuff but can’t finish. Maybe if he got a couple of goals it might change him. 

9 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I want Morais to do well, but he reminds me of Jose quitongo, does all the hard stuff but can’t finish. Maybe if he got a couple of goals it might change him. 

His effort can never be faulted,  but time is surely running out for him.