Ross County (a) Boxing Day

Bud the Baker

Can't fault Moria's for effort, but too often there was no end product today.  That's been the case at other times as well. However he does occupy opposing defences and gives them something to think about when he comes on. Question is whether that's enough to make him a starting player. I think he's better used as a sub.

Apologies for going off topic but hardly worth it’s own thread.

I see the ref in the Dundee Utd v Motherwell game applied the 6 second rule. Whilst I’m no convinced I’m a fan of the rule, if it’s going to exist it’s about time refs started applying it. Ridiculous how often it goes unpunished.

Just give it a few times and keepers will stop abusing the rule. 

Thoroughly agree with your comments JG has to manage the players during this ridiculous schedule whoever thought of sending us on a eight hour roundtrip to Dingwall on Boxing Day.Re the Covid situation we were unable to travel the night before and stay in a hotel and of course the pre match meal in Inverness was cancelled late on causing change in travel plans.Not the best preparation for players camped in a coach for four hours.We have played better and the result in most important.Personally delighted to be seventh in the table with our strongest squad for some time and a League Cup Semi to look forward to and yes we are more than capable of lifting the trophy.COYS

It's a ridiculous schedule so I see it more as a rotation policy by Goodwin rather than him giving players a chance to impress.

Not getting the criticism of Morais. Yes his decision making is poor but he beat their full back umpteen times today and forced their keeper into a couple of saves. He also doesn't hide and is always looking for the ball. If he was a finisher as well he probably wouldn't be playing at our level.

As a squad we are doing fine right now. Let's hope this transfer window doesn't upset what is a pretty harmonious apple cart.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It's a ridiculous schedule so I see it more as a rotation policy by Goodwin rather than him giving players a chance to impress.

Not getting the criticism of Morais. Yes his decision making is poor but he beat their full back umpteen times today and forced their keeper into a couple of saves. He also doesn't hide and is always looking for the ball. If he was a finisher as well he probably wouldn't be playing at our level.

As a squad we are doing fine right now. Let's hope this transfer window doesn't upset what is a pretty harmonious apple cart.

I think in the last 2 matches Morais has shown why we signed him. Needs a better end product though. Question is, his contract is up at end of the seson. Would anyone offer him a new one. Does anyone think JG will offer him one or look to bring somebody else in

1 hour ago, alanb said:

The red card for Draper though!!!?

Would not be happy if that was a Saint getting two bookings there

But.  Fcuk em

A yellow at worst. Another game where we would have struggled to get anything from 11 v 11 though. Even after they went down to ten we had loads of possession but looked a bit toothless. Still. 21 points from 17 games is a good haul.

Not enough has been made of Alnwick's two fantastic saves early doors. If county had scored that early, then we might have had a much more difficult afternoon.

Have watched the saves several times, and they just look better and better every time.

Must be vying for the best 'keeper in the league.

Not enough has been made of Alnwick's two fantastic saves early doors. If county had scored that early, then we might have had a much more difficult afternoon.
Have watched the saves several times, and they just look better and better every time.
Must be vying for the best 'keeper in the league.

Absolutely.
They were fantastic instinctive saves that gave us a foundation to build upon.
County were on top at the time... and he must have broken their spirit with that double save.

I was gutted when Vaclav left and would have broken the bank to keep him.

Congratulations to Jim and his team for sourcing a replacement of this quality. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I think in the last 2 matches Morais has shown why we signed him. Needs a better end product though. Question is, his contract is up at end of the seson. Would anyone offer him a new one. Does anyone think JG will offer him one or look to bring somebody else in
I feel for Morais... I truly do.
Nothing has really gone his way.
If the ball hit Obika on the backside it would end up in the net.

If the ball hit Morais on the backside he would get sent off for handball!

He did some great work today and gave their defence a torrid time... but yes.. at times his decision making was poor and his final ball was wasted more often than not.

YET... someone criticised us for not shooting from outside the box... Something Morais did twice, bringing out decent saves from their keeper.

He continues to perplex, but I refuse to slate him as he gives his all every time.

2 hours ago, alanb said:

The red card for Draper though!!!?

Would not be happy if that was a Saint getting two bookings there

But.  Fcuk em

Draper committed two bad fouls on Ethan in the first twenty minutes, he also went in late and the referee waved play on, and commented a couple of other fouls, so it was only a matter of time before he was booked for persistent fouling. I think he thought he could bully Ethan all over the pitch and maybe win the midfield battle. Ethan went down anticipating another wild tackle and the ref booked draper for persistent fouling. Draper then behaved like a fud and got booked again. 

4 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Absolutely. I saw enough today to suggest Junior's time here isn't over. He is another option on the wing and when confident can rip his opponent a new one. Far better at that than McAllister who I think probably is nearing the exit door although he played some very nice touches today.

Absolutely. I saw enough today to suggest Junior's time here isn't over. He is another option on the wing and when confident can rip his opponent a new one. Far better at that than McAllister who I think probably is nearing the exit door although he played some very nice touches today.
You think Morias is a better player than McAllister. You must be on drugs. McAllister set up 1 goal last week thats more than Morias has done in 18 Months. He's blinkered. He just puts his head down runs like Forest Gump. No end product and no goals. Twice yesterday he nearly caused them to break away and cos us a prob. Young full back Reid yesterday knew Kyle would get the better of him and got so close he got sent off. Thats just 2 examples. I'm sorry the only reason Morias played is cos of the heavy schedule and goody needs to rely on his squad.

16 hours ago, God of war said:

Travelled up to Dingwall day of game, weather horrific, no places open for food, change outside ground then play in terrible conditions with a team who has new manager. Great result up there today.

Ross C will have some of the same problems when they travel to play Hibs Livy and Rangers in the next few week.

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ross C will have some of the same problems when they travel to play Hibs Livy and Rangers in the next few week.

Not forgetting they travel every couple of weeks.

Also, even St Mirren officials MUST have known the new rules kicked in on Saturday, hotels not being available was a done deal, this "turkey sandwiches" pish has to be paper talk surely? 

I still want Accies down and be nice to get shot of killie to.... get rid of two plastic pitches..... hopefully we will not get 0-3s implemented and Newcastle's covid plight may well help us . 8 points clear of 12th with 3 games in hand means we might actually look up in 2021 and a semi final and Scots at Euros. A deal.... no trump and a vaccine...feck its  wonderful life !!

I feel for Morais... I truly do.
Nothing has really gone his way.
If the ball hit Obika on the backside it would end up in the net.

If the ball hit Morais on the backside he would get sent off for handball!

He did some great work today and gave their defence a torrid time... but yes.. at times his decision making was poor and his final ball was wasted more often than not.

YET... someone criticised us for not shooting from outside the box... Something Morais did twice, bringing out decent saves from their keeper.

He continues to perplex, but I refuse to slate him as he gives his all every time.
The guy us rank rotten.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You think Morias is a better player than McAllister. You must be on drugs. McAllister set up 1 goal last week thats more than Morias has done in 18 Months. He's blinkered. He just puts his head down runs like Forest Gump. No end product and no goals. Twice yesterday he nearly caused them to break away and cos us a prob. Young full back Reid yesterday knew Kyle would get the better of him and got so close he got sent off. Thats just 2 examples. I'm sorry the only reason Morias played is cos of the heavy schedule and goody needs to rely on his squad.

McAllister has a habit of losing the ball far too cheaply and putting the defence under pressure. He almost seems unable to beat his man these days.

Morias contributed to yesterday's win far more than McAllister did. Having said that, they are very different players. For all his apparent failings, Morias caused their defence a huge amount of problems, albeit they were down to 9 men in the end.

McAllister has been hugely disappointing. Setting up two goals against the ten man Fakes hardly compensates for his poor performances.

There's no doubt McAllister, firing on all cylinders, is a better player than Morias, but we haven't seen that version of McAllister for a long, long time.

Morias needs a much better end product, but you could say the same for both Durmus and Connolly, and indeed a few others. If there's one thing that has frustrated me throughout this run, it's our bad habit of getting into good forward positions and either making the wrong pass or not delivering a ball of the required quality.

Also, Morias does have one assist in his 18 months.:whistle