Ross County (a) Boxing Day

Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
11 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Absolutely. I saw enough today to suggest Junior's time here isn't over. He is another option on the wing and when confident can rip his opponent a new one. Far better at that than McAllister who I think probably is nearing the exit door although he played some very nice touches today.

You think Morias is a better player than McAllister. You must be on drugs. McAllister set up 1 goal last week thats more than Morias has done in 18 Months. He's blinkered. He just puts his head down runs like Forest Gump. No end product and no goals. Twice yesterday he nearly caused them to break away and cos us a prob. Young full back Reid yesterday knew Kyle would get the better of him and got so close he got sent off. Thats just 2 examples. I'm sorry the only reason Morias played is cos of the heavy schedule and goody needs to rely on his squad.

Jim must be on the same drugs as me because he hooked McAllister at 55 minutes instead of Morias.

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Good match.

In total control of the game even when RC had 11 men on the pitch.

Durmus and Morias both played well and caused them all sorts of problems. Good skills and ball control and both prepared to shoot.

Bringing off Erwin and McAllister was absolutely the right call.

Defensively we were a bit slacker than normal and we had a few close shaves.

Overall we look a solid unit and we have every reason to believe we can beat Rangers again in midweek.

I said at the start of the season that we were as good as anyone outside the current top 4 and I've seen nothing to convince me that we are not good enough to be thinking about aiming at a finish of 5th place. We absolutely need to shut the door on any worries about relegation because that simply isn't happening this season.

Enjoy the ride folks. We've not experienced this sort of season in the top flight since the 1980s.

Morias has probably the worst final ball I have ever seen. I lost count of the amount of times he beat a player and his cross either never made it past the first man or he hit it too long. The only thing I could say positive about him is that his speed worries fullbacks when he is running at them. Durmus is not much better I am afraid.  I would be very surprised to see either of them offered a new deal in summer.

McAllister is also rubbish. He looks overweight to me. I would not be surprised to see McAllister go out on loan in January to make space for someone who will have a bigger impact. Perhaps a loan spell in the championship would do him good.

In a more positive slant, I would say our defence and central midfield are the best we have had in 30 years. Fraser, Shaughnessy, McCarthy, Tait, Mcpherson, Doyle-Hayes, Erhahon have all been first class. Big Jon Obika is worth keeping too! He terrifies centre halves with his strength and hold up play.. In goal, Alnwick has adequately replaced Hladky.

JG has certainly got the spine of the team in order. I think we are just a decent wide player or two from really pushing for Europe. I hope we can hold on to all the guys I mentioned. 

We have to get all the above tied down to new contracts and find replacements for Morias, Durmus, Erwin and McAllister.

The guy who I think had a bit of ropey start to the season but has since been immense is McCarthy. First few games I was a bit concerned that his form of last season might’ve been a bit of a flash in the pan, but he’s very much back to his best in recent times.

I rate him much higher than Shaughnessy who although dominant in the air, can be a bit of a liability on the deck. 
However together they are comfortably the best centre back pairing we’ve had in the top flight for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Give your son a kick up the arse. Jak has only got two bookings so far. I believe it is 6 before a suspension.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62082

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Thanks guy's, too lazy to check. :rolleyes:

Jim must be on the same drugs as me because he hooked McAllister at 55 minutes instead of Morias.
Now you've answered your own question. McAllister played for an hour and done more than Morias. I think Junior has a great work ethic. But he more interested in scoring for himself rather playing in a team mate in a better position. I dont think he a really bad player. But needs to learn to be a team player.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Now you've answered your own question. McAllister played for an hour and done more than Morias. I think Junior has a great work ethic. But he more interested in scoring for himself rather playing in a team mate in a better position. I dont think he a really bad player. But needs to learn to be a team player.

Whit? :blink:

Edited by oaksoft