Merry Christmas

StanleySaint

40 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Seasonal best wishes to all buds wherever you are in the world.

Same to you and all Saints fans and their families.

Their will be plenty who have lost someone this year from Covid, adding to the general garbage year.

Fingers crossed next year is better, it can't be much worse TBH. 

Merry Xmas buds, just home from doing some deliveries for the Festive Friends coordinated by our Charity Foundation.

Approx 200 folk recieved a Xmas dinner, a hamper of food and a present.

The joy and appreciation on the folks faces that I had the pleasure of serving, made it such a humbling experience.

The amount of volunteers was exceptional.

To Gayle and all the team well done on the organising, your hard work was appreciated and certainly most welcome by those that recieved the gifts.

One very Pwoud Cookie Monster. [emoji16]

Well done Cookster, top man!
Thanks, but it was our clubs Charity Foundation staff along with the Salvation Army that did all the hard work in the coordination and preparation of the food, hampers and presents that were the stars. [emoji56]

Also a big congrats to the Northbank buds, seen the generosity they gave during the week. Loads of children who may not have got one this year will be recieving a present. [emoji469][emoji122][emoji469]

We may have moved, but 'love' will always be associated with our club. [emoji1665]🤍[emoji173]

Merry Xmas buds, just home from doing some deliveries for the Festive Friends coordinated by our Charity Foundation.

Approx 200 folk recieved a Xmas dinner, a hamper of food and a present.

The joy and appreciation on the folks faces that I had the pleasure of serving, made it such a humbling experience.

The amount of volunteers was exceptional.

To Gayle and all the team well done on the organising, your hard work was appreciated and certainly most welcome by those that recieved the gifts.

One very Pwoud Cookie Monster. [emoji16]

Top class - enjoy your evening!!

Well, what a day, the limited family we choose to have had a great time but it wasn't the same, or as good, as usual.

Small things like this are a sacrifice, or known as a pain in the arse, but that's what some of us do.

If there's a massive rise in cases, and the obvious nest stage, well, fecking hell mend them, as my mother used to say.

A lot of talk today was about having family holidays next year as we have had nothing this year.

Got to look forward. 

Had a fantastic day. Nice and relaxing with plenty of cake, tea and laughter.

Don't feel the need to comment on or judge other people for how they chose to spend the day or how many others they chose to spend it with. Live and let live. And when death comes, so be it. We all have to die of something.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Don't feel the need to comment on or judge other people for how they chose to spend the day or how many others they chose to spend it with. Live and let live. And when death comes, so be it. We all have to die of something.

Image may contain: text that says "When someone tells me I need to learn how to communicate better HOW TO SAY FUCK YOU iN A NICE WAY"

On 12/26/2020 at 12:15 AM, oaksoft said:

and a happy new year 🥳😂

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

and a happy new year 🥳😂

Yeah, but the thing is that whilst I would rather not die young, I have no fears at all about dying. I have never been one of those people who want to desperately cling onto life until the bitter end. In fact, I think we should have euthanasia freely available for anyone who wants it and for any reason whatsoever. I am always confused by the fear we have in society over death.

Anyway....

40 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah, but the thing is that whilst I would rather not die young, I have no fears at all about dying. I have never been one of those people who want to desperately cling onto life until the bitter end. In fact, I think we should have euthanasia freely available for anyone who wants it and for any reason whatsoever. I am always confused by the fear we have in society over death.

Anyway....

Suicide has always been a free option for all seeking to end their days on earth 

Why rope in another person to do the job for you?

Suicide has always been a free option for all seeking to end their days on earth 
Because:

It stops some random person finding your body?

It stops some train/lorry/bus driver being traumatised after you deliberately step out in front of them?

It stops some poor sod having to clean up your splattered mess?

It prevents your loved ones having unanswered questions or feeling guilty?

It saves on costs/manpower for the emergency services?

Etc.

3 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Because:

It stops some random person finding your body?

It stops some train/lorry/bus driver being traumatised after you deliberately step out in front of them?

It stops some poor sod having to clean up your splattered mess?

It prevents your loved ones having unanswered questions or feeling guilty?

It saves on costs/manpower for the emergency services?

Etc.

Aye, I've always thought it, suicide, is a very selfish option. 

The heartache it leaves for your close family is unimaginable.

57 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Slarti has pretty much answered it for me.

I'll add that suicide is usually painful, messy and prone to error.

Euthanasia is pain free and guaranteed.

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, I've always thought it, suicide, is a very selfish option. 

That's because you can't empathise with a suicidal person.

If you could, you'd understand that there's nothing selfish about it at all. Suicidal people are rarely able to think straight at all and you expect them to think of others at their most vulnerable point? Honestly, what is wrong with you?