Drinking Yourself Sober.

munoz

The festive period always reaffirms this for me. I used to think this wasn't possible,  I was wrong.
Its maybe I just dont get the opportunity in the normal working week to test this.
Maybe I am half cut.
Depends what you mean by "sober". It's probably more of a case that the earlier consumed alcohol has had time to work it's way out of your system. As people tend to slow their consumption as time passes it is more likely that you are just less drunk than you were, and not actually sober. People also tend to eat after drinking for a while which will "absorb" some of the alcohol you consume around the same time and so less (of your lower consumption) will make it into the bloodstream, again making you "less drunk". Not a scientific explanation, just a layman's one.

But enjoy yourself anyway. [emoji481]

5 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Depends what you mean by "sober". It's probably more of a case that the earlier consumed alcohol has had time to work it's way out of your system. As people tend to slow their consumption as time passes it is more likely that you are just less drunk than you were, and not actually sober. People also tend to eat after drinking for a while which will "absorb" some of the alcohol you consume around the same time and so less (of your lower consumption) will make it into the bloodstream, again making you "less drunk". Not a scientific explanation, just a layman's one.

But enjoy yourself anyway. emoji481.png

Guinness is only 4.1 % . Probably that. 

2 hours ago, munoz said:

The festive period always reaffirms this for me. I used to think this wasn't possible,  I was wrong.

Its maybe I just dont get the opportunity in the normal working week to test this.

Maybe I am half cut.

I did this twice as a kid. 12 pints of Tennents did it. Very weird feeling. Of course I wasn't actually sober but it certainly felt like it.

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Sure it was not Top Deck. 

No. Only the people in the shitty estate next to our nice estate drank that. They also had a glue sniffing problem. Even at 10 years old I remember thinking "What the hell is wrong with those people?"

To this day I can remember the advice from my mum - "Stay away from them bampots doon the road". Wise advice which I live by to this day.

Edited by oaksoft

• 1 month later...