Kilmarnock v St Mirren Sat 2nd Jan 21

faraway saint

15 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Looks like Kilmarnock are playing for their manager so this will be a tough game.

We will need to have some sort of  cutting edge this time

All games will be tough at this level.

It should be irrelevant what mood the Killie players are in. We are a considerably better outfit in every regard and should be thinking only of a win.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It should be irrelevant what mood the Killie players are in. We are a considerably better outfit in every regard and should be thinking only of a win.

How many times have you watched Kilmarnock?

Must be quite a few to make that statement? 

38 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Eh this is St Mirren we are talking about. Think we have a wee bit to go before we can start saying this type of comment.

The next run of matches will show where we really are ?

Edited by lenziebud

Reading some glowing accolades about us.... we are close to being a good side .... Dundee Utd is aim and 5th and a cup win.... i know its easy for us to look over our shoulder but this season i feel confident every game.... well to good to go down...? Hmmm remember who went down last year...
Nope, can't remember, but probably a bunch of greetin' wee weans.

22 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Reading some glowing accolades about us.

I'm afraid the accolades you mention come from people on here.....by definition all St. Mirren fans, so they should be taken with a large pinch of salt. Your final monitory sentence is closer to the mark. We are taking baby steps in the right direction, but should not get carried away. After all, it is St. Mirren we're talking about.

Following their good result on Wednesday (first for some time), Killie will be right up for the game, playing for the manager, as someone else has said. As for us, we'll need to be onto them from the start and show our best form. Looking like Shaughnessy might be casting doubt on JG's legendary 'strong defence'. I had concerns about him before his howler on Wednesday. He didn't have a great game against Hibs. Also, the midfield (McGrath and Erhahon/MacPherson) needs to get a grip of the game, something they failed to do against Hibs. 

I think we shouldn't make too much of the Ross County win. Yes, the lads kept going in horrible conditions, but the opposition played with ten, then nine, men for a long spell.

Finally, the Dennis goal at Dingwall apart, we haven't solved the problem of getting goals from our strikers.

Nevertheless, as always COYS!!

39 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Remember going to Kille and Stephen McGinn scoring twice in a 2‐1 victory after Connor Sammon scored early for them. Can't remember seeing us win their since have we???

Think saints beat them 3-1 away from home round about 2013/14...canny mind..

We beat them twice since the match I mentioned which was Sept 2009, May 2012 (2-0) & May 2013 which is the 3‐1 match you remember so long overdue an away win there but it's St Mirren that would be 4 away wins in 5 league games.

Considering we only had 4 away wins (pre split) since returning to the Top league that would be some turnaround.

Think saints beat them 3-1 away from home round about 2013/14...canny mind..

To enter the top flight you should be required to have a grass park with undersoil heating. Astrograss makes us  a joke league. Sky should make it a requirement when the next tv deal comes round. 

finally I heard a rumour the kibble wanted an Astro park at our stadium. If that happened I wouldn’t be back 

To enter the top flight you should be required to have a grass park with undersoil heating. Astrograss makes us  a joke league. Sky should make it a requirement when the next tv deal comes round. 

finally I heard a rumour the kibble wanted an Astro park at our stadium. If that happened I wouldn’t be back 
[emoji23]

10 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

It should be a requirement for teams in championship and premier league at least, I know annan play on astro but let's be honest, they aren't going to reach those leagues

Maybe the EFL down here have got it right and it's a requirement for teams to have grass pitches at lg2 level and above, as harrogate town found out on promotion and had to play at Doncasters stadium until their pitch was switched from astro to grass.

19 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

emoji23.png

Made me laugh as well, wasn't this written off as junk a wee while ago?