Kilmarnock v St Mirren Sat 2nd Jan 21

faraway saint

Luck shines on us. Questionable goal but thanks anyway. Poor performance and with other results that late equaliser is important. We are not as good as some people think and we see this regularly. However there is no doubt mid table is achievable given the quality of other teams but we need to raise and maintain our stsndards

Take the point & move on.
Terrible pitch
Terrible Referee
Terrible performance
Great goalkeeping by Danny Rodgers
Seriously hope that ball wasn't over the line as justice would be done for the amount of dodgy decisions against us today & this season so far.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

One day in your miserable f**king existence you are going to get something right.

Best ignored,  he's a Celtic fan that doesn't understand the prospect of maybe losing or drawing games. 

We deserved that point. Yes we were poor,  but they were worse.

Cheers Danny,  once a Saint , always a Saint. 

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That was like watching schoolboy football today.

Some of it was hilarious to watch.

Players unable to stand on their feet.

Players passing directly to an opponent from 5 feet away.

And then that goal.

Fortunately we have no more midweek games for a few weeks. I think some of these boys look totally burnt out and need a break.

I don't think it was lack of fitness - more a lack of practice at playing on a dangerously icy sheet of plastic.

Stole a point. We were piss poor. Deserved nothing. No player more than a 3/10 and thats being generous. Pitch is awful. Why is pro football allowed on that. No wonder Scottish football is getting worse. Time the SPFL/ SFA got there act together on this issue. Of course Goody will say we played like Barcelona like he does every week. But its a point. So on to next week. Coys

1 minute ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Luck shines on us. Questionable goal but thanks anyway. Poor performance and with other results that late equaliser is important. We are not as good as some people think and we see this regularly. However there is no doubt mid table is achievable given the quality of other teams but we need to raise and maintain our stsndards

Our first picks are decent besides the striker position. However some of the fringe players are mostly not up to it. McAllister and Morias are not good enough and there are question marks around Erwin and Dennis. Would like to see Jamieson given 10 mins here and there - heard very good things about him. Would also have preferred Flynn today for McAllister.

All players rotten today but Erahon has been honking for weeks, back to the scared wee boy ball's a hot potato routine..needs to fecking grow up...

Edited by Guest

That was like watching schoolboy football today.
Some of it was hilarious to watch.
Players unable to stand on their feet.
Players passing directly to an opponent from 5 feet away.
And then that goal.
Fortunately we have no more midweek games for a few weeks. I think some of these boys look totally burnt out and need a break.
A strange match.

For large parts, yes...
Yet when we kept the ball on the deck we were able to one touch pass our way through them at will.

I'll give the players the benefit of the doubt and make allowances for that pitch... along with a couple of Ne'rrdy hangovers! [emoji12]

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Stole a point. We were piss poor. Deserved nothing. No player more than a 3/10 and thats being generous. Pitch is awful. Why is pro football allowed on that. No wonder Scottish football is getting worse. Time the SPFL/ SFA got there act together on this issue. Of course Goody will say we played like Barcelona like he does every week. But its a point. So on to next week. Coys

Deserved nothing? We dominated the entire fecking game. How exactly would Killie have deserved to have won that?

Gary, they play on that surface in France, Belgium and Germany to name just a few countries. So how come they seem to be doing OK? [emoji6]

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

I don't think it was lack of fitness - more a lack of practice at playing on a dangerously icy sheet of plastic.

Yep. This. We didn't handle the conditions well at all for about the first 60 mins. I'm not saying it's the only reason we didn't play well but it is a contributory factor.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

A strange match.

For large parts, yes...
Yet when we kept the ball on the deck we were able to one touch pass our way through them at will.

I'll give the players the benefit of the doubt and make allowances for that pitch... along with a couple of Ne'rrdy hangovers! emoji12.png

Actually you make a good point there. We had moments where the one touch stuff was a joy to watch. There was one incident I remember where we passed our way our of trouble at the back. There were other occasions as well. Everything else was just so ponderous and slow though. I don't know if it's new players we need, a decent non-icy surface r just a short break from playing 3 games a week. At least we avoided the travesty of losing to a team who only had about 19 touches of the ball for the entire match. :D