faraway saint

Kilmarnock v St Mirren Sat 2nd Jan 21

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

And Ryan Flynn must be half the player he was last season if he can't get into that team on merit.

They probably did not want to risk him on that surface. Which does beg the question why even list him as a sub.

Edited by Yflab

Deserved nothing? We dominated the entire fecking game. How exactly would Killie have deserved to have won that?
59% pocession and done nothing with it. 1 shot at goal. Everytime we get the ball the first thing the players want to do is go back the way. With having the ball so much you would think we be good going forward. But we're rancid. Oblka done nothing. We were pish and stole a point. Not to say killie were any better. They were honking to. But we'll take the point happily

Would have been happy with a point before kick off.

To get a point having lost our first choice full back, played poorly on a frozen plastic pitch, away from home, I can't see too much to complain about really.

Yes it was a terrible performance but sometimes you just have to grind out a result and in terms of the league, with results elsewhere, it was a very good point.

Huge game next week if we have any pretence to be clear of a relegation battle.

Gary, they play on that surface in France, Belgium and Germany to name just a few countries. So how come they seem to be doing OK?
Knowing that I've already checked. And lived in Spain for 18 years. Name a top league team that have a plastic pitch. Top league only.

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

59% pocession and done nothing with it. 1 shot at goal. Everytime we get the ball the first thing the players want to do is go back the way. With having the ball so much you would think we be good going forward. But we're rancid. Oblka done nothing. We were pish and stole a point. Not to say killie were any better. They were honking to. But we'll take the point happily emoji4.png

Nah, we got what we deserved.....

Screenshot_20210102-173614_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Out of today's squad and others who were not included for whatever reason - who should not start against Motherwell (again?) based on current form or merit?

We might end up with a 5-a-side team based on that logic.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

At least we avoided the travesty of losing to a team who only had about 19 touches of the ball for the entire match. :D

And one of those 19 touches was, thankfully, a very firm and assured one by their reliable (but perhaps over-generous) goalkeeper.

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

We might end up with a 5-a-side team based on that logic.

Agree with your thought process - but I was assuming that we start with 11.

For example, I feel that Mason and Erhahon are off the boil at the moment and should be 'rested'.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

59% pocession and done nothing with it. 1 shot at goal. Everytime we get the ball the first thing the players want to do is go back the way. With having the ball so much you would think we be good going forward. But we're rancid. Oblka done nothing. We were pish and stole a point. Not to say killie were any better. They were honking to. But we'll take the point happily emoji4.png

Feck me, did we all of a sudden morph into Barcelona or some shit..  what's that 2 defeats in 15 games and your still moaning like feck... Get a grip FFS...

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Gary, they play on that surface in France, Belgium and Germany to name just a few countries. So how come they seem to be doing OK? emoji6.png

Knowing that I've already checked. And lived in Spain for 18 years. Name a top league team that have a plastic pitch. Top league only.

13 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
58 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
FC Lorient emoji6.png

Sint-Truiden emoji6.pngemoji6.png

You want me to name more emoji14.png

Still waiting Spanish and German

9 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Sint Truiden are from Belgium emoji1045.png not France. Germany emoji629.png or emoji633.png

You're the only person who mentioned Spain. You asked for one top league team from France, Belgium or Germany and you got it. 

I do agree plastic pitches are shite though

Well looks like Livi can play on grass now..... so we need some better performances and wins over next 2 games.... i am happy if we play crap get a point better than playing great and losing but we need more form...hard to judge on frozen plastic