The January Transfer Window

munoz

So Tony in his half time interview hinted at a couple coming in. What positions are most needed for new recruitment? 

For me probably that elusive 15 goals a season striker. 

If Mason goes back to Coventry,  then that position will need looking at.

We're currently looking in the best position, squad wise we have done for a while.  A couple of additions that are better than what we currently have will see us in a great place.

2 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I’d forgotten about Sheron.

You'd imagine he'll be 1st to go. Central midfield we're now more than covered. 

A more effective winger perhaps,  or defence cover might be needed. 

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

We have the best squad in ages but we still lack goals. A 15+ striker would be great. I think we could ship a few out. Sheron for one

He might well want to leave since he had fallen right out of the team, and i wouldn't think he would want to sit on the bench for an other 5 months or so. 

Unless he want a league cup winner medal that is  :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, munoz said:

2 big signings short of Tony's vision of glory- step forward Archibald & Victor. 

Let's not have inspired signings like that again🙄 

Given the quality of JDH may be an idea to see if villa have anyone for loan from under 23 team that they may look to offload in summer

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

He might well want to leave since he had fallen right out of the team, and i wouldn't think he would want to sit on the bench for an other 5 months or so. 

Unless he want a league cup winner medal that is  :rolleyes:

Don't even think he's been getting on the bench lately. Can't mind the last time I saw him mentioned there. Probably league cup games. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't even think he's been getting on the bench lately. Can't mind the last time I saw him mentioned there. Probably league cup games. 

Your right about that.

Dons cup game when he was last seen and that was around 8 games ago. 

1 hour ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Very little chance of keeping him. Enjoy him while you can,

The thing I don't understand about his situation is that he was outstanding for Cheltenham last season , so much so that they were desperate to get him back on a permanent deal. They then said they couldn't afford him whenever a Scottish Premier team showed interest. Is this a sign that the new wage cap in the lower divisions down there is going to help the standard of player that clubs up here can attract. 

23 minutes ago, billyg said:

The thing I don't understand about his situation is that he was outstanding for Cheltenham last season , so much so that they were desperate to get him back on a permanent deal. They then said they couldn't afford him whenever a Scottish Premier team showed interest. Is this a sign that the new wage cap in the lower divisions down there is going to help the standard of player that clubs up here can attract. 

Possibly. You can bet almost every one of those clubs will be at their limit already - some temporarily beyond, so when a good player comes available they don't have the finance to be able to react. That is to our benefit after decades of losing players to that level of English football.

If we secure Jake for a longer term, then IMO that would be our most important signing for as long as I can remember. He s quite literally the difference between top 6 and a relegation battle. He's been that important for us. Been thinking about why we've turned things around so dramatically and it was this signing.

Edited by oaksoft

52 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Think his words were 'we are close to tying him up to a new deal' when he actually meant to say 'we are tying him up in a close until he signs a new deal'.

If it's a Govanhill close,  he'll sign quickly.  

Edited by pod