The January Transfer Window

munoz

21 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Maybe we are going to be looking looking closer to home in future as JG says in the article below.

Jim Goodwin loses key markets to Brexit

I actually don't believe Ireland is affected by this in terms of work permits.

All other countries though are now no-go areas for clubs like us.😫

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Am I right in saying Brophy hasn’t featured much for Killie this season and if not why not? Just don’t recall his name being mentioned much recently, either as a scorer or on Sportscene or the like. 

He turned down a new contract I believe. Both him and O'Donnell were in discussions last  season to extend their deals. O'Donnell walked and Brophy turned down an extension to 2023 !

25 minutes ago, billyg said:

He turned down a new contract I believe. Both him and O'Donnell were in discussions last  season to extend their deals. O'Donnell walked and Brophy turned down an extension to 2023 !

At least Danny Rodgers is putting his best foot forward backwards

Taking a step back for a second, it maybe shouldn't surprise us that we've beaten off Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell.

All of those clubs run at significant losses normally but this season they are probably already running significant enough losses that without fans, they can't afford to add to it.

I don't think St. Johnstone are more attractive than us and coming to us, he won't have to relocate.

A club like us, where we have no debt, are maybe coming into our own because of the pandemic restrictions. Maybe we're seeing evidence of a levelling of the playing field.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Am I right in saying Brophy hasn’t featured much for Killie this season and if not why not? Just don’t recall his name being mentioned much recently, either as a scorer or on Sportscene or the like. 

He's played 17 games with 3 goals this season according to Wiki.

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

For financial reasons cause by the virus, the club may have to wait till we know for certain what league we are in next season before offering new deals. 

Looking like i was well wrong   :lol:

Even if we don't get Brophy, at least we are making good effort to improve the team at the right time. 

STV report we are trying to get Brophy in during this window

Maybe I’ve just got the fear given our track record with this kind of thing, but if Brophy signed a PCA yesterday as has been suggested, why wouldn’t it have been formally announced today?
Maybe holding off until they thrash out whether he can move now or not? 

I rarely get involved in posting about new players, I prefer to wait and see how they get on, even then, I'm not overly critical of individuals too often as there's usually more to it than meets the eye.

The only reason I'm posting here is I believe this guy, Brophy, could be a great signing.

Reasonable pedigree in the top league, reasonable goal scoring record, again in the top league and we've heard of or seen him.

Not the usual 3 minute You tube snippet that makes many players look good. :lol:

He's at a cracking age and, given the right support, could cement out current position, or improve it.

Saying all that, if he fails miserably, I'll just say I posted this for the sake of it. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I rarely get involved in posting about new players, I prefer to wait and see how they get on, even then, I'm not overly critical of individuals too often as there's usually more to it than meets the eye.

The only reason I'm posting here is I believe this guy, Brophy, could be a great signing.

Reasonable pedigree in the top league, reasonable goal scoring record, again in the top league and we've heard of or seen him.

Not the usual 3 minute You tube snippet that makes many players look good. :lol:

He's at a cracking age and, given the right support, could cement out current position, or improve it.

Saying all that, if he fails miserably, I'll just say I posted this for the sake of it. :wink:

Good post. Agree wholeheartedly.

10 minutes ago, mattman said:

Morias away to boreham wood until end of the season, imagine that’s him done now with us, all the best junior, can’t fault your effort

Outside of Saints, his goal scoring record is pretty decent - just short of 1 in 4.

He was even doing that at League 1 level.

No idea WTF happened to him up here but I hope he finds his feet again at his former club.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Outside of Saints, his goal scoring record is pretty decent - just short of 1 in 4.

He was even doing that at League 1 level.

No idea WTF happened to him up here but I hope he finds his feet again at his former club.

Some players can handle it up here, some can’t, seeing he’s quite a strong fella you’d expect a bit more from him, always looked to cause defence trouble but final product and that one extra touched seemed to always let him down, wish him all the best!