The January Transfer Window

munoz

19 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Might stop mercenaries like Hldkay and Rooney going south to rich men's projects like Salford City ?

I think Hldkay was holding out for a higher team than Salford, I can't imagine he is on much more that he would have been here. After watching class of 92 full time, he nearly didn't get that thanks to his agent. Gary Neville was ready to pull plug on it. Rooney went back to national league to solihull moors who no doubt will pay him the money.

The wage cap down here really is a double edged sword in this transfer window. There will be probably a better standard of player available to sign but most likely have been without a club since the summer as teams can't afford to take them on then it takes weeks for them to get back to match fitness.

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Rosemary or Shaky?

At my age, probably Frankie Vaughan.

excellent deduction, btw, Sherlock!    :)

It was a random brain fart as I responded to the post above mine.

I never expected a sane response...

here’s an interesting theory about Green Door... and The Killing of Sister George, which I never knew as I watched that erotic fillum...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2006/sep/08/popandrock1

20 minutes ago, antrin said:

At my age, probably Frankie Vaughan.

excellent deduction, btw, Sherlock!    :)

It was a random brain fart as I responded to the post above mine.

I never expected a sane response...

here’s an interesting theory about Green Door... and The Killing of Sister George, which I never knew as I watched that erotic fillum...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2006/sep/08/popandrock1

Erm, I have to confess to a musical malaprop, the Shaky hit that was "originally" by Rosemary Clooney was This Ol' House...:whistle

I am it appears not Sherlock but his hapless sidekick Watson @Eric Arthur Blair

Edited by Bud the Baker

We just got away with a lack of defenders last season and it appears to be the same this season  :o

Hopefully there is a Anton Ferdinand type player without a club waiting on us to call him  :)

Edited by Tommy

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We just got away with a lack of defenders last season and it appears to be the same this season  :o

Hopefully there is a Anton Ferdinand type player without a club waiting on us to call him  :)

In general the out-of-contract market is more hit than miss but like you say we did well out of it during OKs season.

I trust we're still looking to bolster the squad...

I would slightly disagree with you Tommy.

At the moment I have no idea on the status of Mason. However, as I see it, we have 6 players who can cover 4 positions along the back. Fraser, McCarthy, Shaughnessy, Tait, Mason & Finlayson. Also, while not ideal, MacPherson, Flynn and even Erahon can cover the full back roles.

I’m pretty sure the club would have been looking to bring in cover but sometimes if a player doesn’t fit then it’s best to continue with what you have! I would rather that way than panic  buying, just for the sake of signing a player.

If you look at the signings the clubs around us have made then very few of them standout. A lot of them scream desperation and are simply to appease fans.

I would rather get a few points on the board in the next few games and consolidate our position in the League. This will allow us to nip in ahead of a few teams.Thus allowing us to sign players for next season, earlier than they can.Might mean we have extra money in the Summer Budget! 

50 minutes ago, Caldy_87 said:

I would slightly disagree with you Tommy.

At the moment I have no idea on the status of Mason. However, as I see it, we have 6 players who can cover 4 positions along the back. Fraser, McCarthy, Shaughnessy, Tait, Mason & Finlayson. Also, while not ideal, MacPherson, Flynn and even Erahon can cover the full back roles.

I’m pretty sure the club would have been looking to bring in cover but sometimes if a player doesn’t fit then it’s best to continue with what you have! I would rather that way than panic  buying, just for the sake of signing a player.

If you look at the signings the clubs around us have made then very few of them standout. A lot of them scream desperation and are simply to appease fans.

I would rather get a few points on the board in the next few games and consolidate our position in the League. This will allow us to nip in ahead of a few teams.Thus allowing us to sign players for next season, earlier than they can.Might mean we have extra money in the Summer Budget! 

I thought it was quite important to get a left footed left back in this window. Hopefully the one Goodie was looking at is a free agent and still available.

Edited by stlucifer