The January Transfer Window

munoz

On 12/31/2020 at 11:18 AM, billyg said:

The thing I don't understand about his situation is that he was outstanding for Cheltenham last season , so much so that they were desperate to get him back on a permanent deal. They then said they couldn't afford him whenever a Scottish Premier team showed interest. Is this a sign that the new wage cap in the lower divisions down there is going to help the standard of player that clubs up here can attract. 

Might stop mercenaries like Hldkay and Rooney going south to rich men's projects like Salford City ?

19 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Might stop mercenaries like Hldkay and Rooney going south to rich men's projects like Salford City ?

I think Hldkay was holding out for a higher team than Salford, I can't imagine he is on much more that he would have been here. After watching class of 92 full time, he nearly didn't get that thanks to his agent. Gary Neville was ready to pull plug on it. Rooney went back to national league to solihull moors who no doubt will pay him the money.

The wage cap down here really is a double edged sword in this transfer window. There will be probably a better standard of player available to sign but most likely have been without a club since the summer as teams can't afford to take them on then it takes weeks for them to get back to match fitness.

20 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I wouldn't be heartbroken if we don't make any more signings before the deadline.

We badly need a left footed defender and maybe a back up centre half now that Foley has left. 

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Rosemary or Shaky?

At my age, probably Frankie Vaughan.

excellent deduction, btw, Sherlock!    :)

It was a random brain fart as I responded to the post above mine.

I never expected a sane response...

here’s an interesting theory about Green Door... and The Killing of Sister George, which I never knew as I watched that erotic fillum...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2006/sep/08/popandrock1