Only An Excuse - It's All Over

shull

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

You watch tv  :rolleyes:

I thought you told us on here many a time that you don't have a tv :shockaroony

I said I don't watch TV. Haven't done for 13 years. We use the TV for DVDs but that's very rare now. I have a 40 inch flat screen I use for a PC monitor.

Do you have the brains to work out how I know about how shite Only An Excuse is?

Lucky bassa's, normally 17 minutes for me. Allegedly done it in under 15 minutes. Suppose its handy knowing where Traffic Cops sit on the route.

Chivas, Renfrew Road. 30mph
M8 Lay by, before Bishopton slip road. 70mph
Erskine Bridge lay by. 50mph
Milton lay by. 40mph
Abbotsford Hotel, Dumbarton. 40mph

I said I don't watch TV. Haven't done for 13 years. We use the TV for DVDs but that's very rare now. I have a 40 inch flat screen I use for a PC monitor.
Do you have the brains to work out how I know about how shite Only An Excuse is?
DVD [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Away and behave yourself and you should just stop telling lies [emoji23]
Oh and happy new year [emoji56]

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

DVD emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png Away and behave yourself and you should just stop telling lies emoji23.png
Oh and happy new year emoji56.png

Yes DVDs. We have a pile of hundreds of them.

I also have 200 VHS cassettes and a player for them.

What is wrong with you? You seem to want to start a fight in an empty room.

Is it the cold. Or the dark nights? Or both?

I'm not even sure what the f**k your point is.

Either way, take it up with @Yflab and stop wasting my time, I'm no longer interested.

ETA. In fact don't bother with that last sentence. I'm starting 2021 as I mean to go on and both of you can f**k off into my ignore list.

Edited by oaksoft

Either way, take it up with [mention=1650]Yflab[/mention] and stop wasting my time, I'm no longer interested.
ETA. In fact don't bother with that last sentence. I'm starting 2021 as I mean to go on and both of you can f**k off into my ignore list.
WTF have I done to annoy you? [emoji3061]

Aye, anyway... 

Very obvious why they are ending it. The old sketches from 93-2005 or so were all really funny and hit the mark. Even cherry picking the football ones from later years meant they found a few that were good. 

When it got to the non fitba stuff though and the 2020 sketches it was absolutely painful. Scottish football is a comedy goldmine in itself, so coming up with a facemask that has a flap in it and a godawful Jason Leitch sketch is reason enough to send it packing. 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Aye, anyway... 

Very obvious why they are ending it. The old sketches from 93-2005 or so were all really funny and hit the mark. Even cherry picking the football ones from later years meant they found a few that were good. 

When it got to the non fitba stuff though and the 2020 sketches it was absolutely painful. Scottish football is a comedy goldmine in itself, so coming up with a facemask that has a flap in it and a godawful Jason Leitch sketch is reason enough to send it packing. 

Never watched it, never recorded it, been dead for years, the only surprise is it managed to keep on air till 2020.

The writers were stuck in a time warp, only appealing to people of the same ilk. 

Highlights the absence of any decent Scottish comedy.

Wonder what will replace it next year? 

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Either way, take it up with @Yflab and stop wasting my time, I'm no longer interested.

Someone didn't get the leg over this morning :lol:

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Never watched it, never recorded it, been dead for years, the only surprise is it managed to keep on air till 2020.

The writers were stuck in a time warp, only appealing to people of the same ilk. 

Highlights the absence of any decent Scottish comedy.

Wonder what will replace it next year? 

It was actually not that bad becuase it was pulling a lot from the old shows when the people being lampooned were relevant. 

The most glaringly obvious thing though was just how phoned in it became in the last 8-10 years. The costumes, impressions and make up were so good that you know who was being sent up straight away. 

That became nothing more in later years than Jonathan Watson's wee baw face in a rubbish wig going 'hello, I'm *insert name here*' before launching into an unfunny, poor imitation. 

The days when Tony Roper and Alistair McGowan were on board were definitely the heyday. 

On the other hand, worth a watch becuase some of the clips from the 90s, they filmed at Love Street and its always worth seeing footage of that.  

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Just looking for tips to get on the ignore list. emoji14.png

The list is actually pretty small but acting like a belligerent cock to other posters and then having a total meltdown when they come back at you with some mild teasing about the kick off times of our games would do it.

Wasting my time would be another.

Don't lose heart. Keep up the good work. I'll let you know if you are successful. :D

The bar is set VERY high though. Hardly anyone ever ends up in there.

Edited by oaksoft

Due to my mental hoolie last night, I missed Only An Excuse.

I will catch up with it tonight.

Some have said it was very good.

I seen that at the Theatre in the 1990's also. Watson and Tony Roper.

Brilliant

2 hours ago, shull said:

Due to my mental hoolie last night, I missed Only An Excuse.

I will catch up with it tonight.

Some have said it was very good.

I seen that at the Theatre in the 1990's also. Watson and Tony Roper.

Brilliant

You're right a lot better when Tony Roper was on it

Sir Walter wasn't looking that well on it

It was quite good last night