Well Looking For New Manager

HSS

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Tommy Wright is my guess, if it was me though I would look down the tables, Stewart Petrie surely due a bigger job.   

It's a tough call , any manager coming in will want funds this window to strengthen the squad . They might give Keith Lasley till the end of the season to show his worth !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

It's a tough call , any manager coming in will want funds this window to strengthen the squad . They might give Keith Lasley till the end of the season to show his worth !

The general consensus amongst 'well fans on P&B is that this season's signings have been shite. Both Lamie and White have been dreadful by all accounts, and the rest haven't been particularly impressive either. Maybe we dodged a bullet in missing out on O'Hara.

When I had a look at their forward options at the start of the season, I was quite envious. However, for one reason or another, bar Tony Watt, they don't seem to have delivered.

They've also had to chop and change 'keepers and don't seem to have replaced Gillespie with anyone nearly as good.

With two Scottish internationalists in defence, you'd think they would be more solid. 

A new manager might be able to get a different tune out of some of the underperforming players, but as you say, the squad does look as if it needs major surgery in several areas.

Edited by FTOF

What a gutless charade Robinson is. He's a had a good few seasons and touted for Hearts etc, now when the going get tough he jumps.

He was prattling on about the new players being his signings, well get them playing then !

He should have dug in and got the team up the table over the next few months then decided at the end of the season that "I've taken the club as far as I can"

If I was club chairman I'd ignore him from now on.

Did a cr@p job at Oldham previously too.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

What a gutless charade Robinson is. He's a had a good few seasons and touted for Hearts etc, now when the going get tough he jumps.

He was prattling on about the new players being his signings, well get them playing then !

He should have dug in and got the team up the table over the next few months then decided at the end of the season that "I've taken the club as far as I can"

If I was club chairman I'd ignore him from now on.

Did a cr@p job at Oldham previously too.

Yes that is Robinson in a nutshell

Wow! lenzie!  :o

A powerful dislike, there!

What did he do that was so wrong?

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Wow! lenzie!  :o

A powerful dislike, there!

What did he do that was so wrong?

I just feel he's taken the easy option. Instead of getting his head down and working through the issues.

They are  a decent side and should be doing better than they are. Good job for someone else as Motherwell are a well run club and good production line of talent.

Not sure if he's protecting himself and his reputation but not impressed by him. If I was a director of Motherwell I'd have walked him out of the door.

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Jack Ross to Celtic
Jim Goodwin to Hibs
Tommy Wright to Motherwell
Stephen Robinson to St Mirren

First two aren't experienced enough for those jobs.

If I were Celtic I'd stick with Neil Lennon and the board want to. If the fans push him out I'd go for Michael O'Neil.

Robinson, no comment 😀

You could be correct on the third one.

I just feel he's taken the easy option. Instead of getting his head down and working through the issues.

They are  a decent side and should be doing better than they are. Good job for someone else as Motherwell are a well run club and good production line of talent.

Not sure if he's protecting himself and his reputation but not impressed by him. If I was a director of Motherwell I'd have walked him out of the door.

The 'Well fans on P&B don't seem to share your views.

They feel that Robinson has had a lack of squad continuity compared to other managers and he's had to rebuild the squad several times already. They're quite accepting of the scenario, that a further squad rebuild this January has him scunnered. They seem quite sad that a guy who was such a success with them has reached the end of the line.

They seem to think that the players should be taking a good look at themselves.

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

They feel that Robinson has had a lack of squad continuity compared to other managers and he's had to rebuild the squad several times already. They're quite accepting of the scenario, that a further squad rebuild this January has him scunnered. They seem quite sad that a guy who was such a success with them has reached the end of the line.

Its his first sticky spell and he's bailed out. Really poor. He's left the club in a poor position as the window now  opens and they have to get a new manager in place also. Timing is all wrong. He should have got his head down and done the job to the end of the season and then left properly.

I'm glad we have a guy like Jim Goodwin and not Stephen Robinson as I would be very surprised if Jim was to act like Robinson has done.

Most teams outside the OF are constantly rebuilding squads. Bosman and the fact we are all selling clubs dictates that.

Edited by lenziebud

I have no real opinion on whether Robinson bailed out or not but really surprised you thinking Goodwin is100% loyal and wouldn't do anything similar to Robinson or Jack Ross.

I cannot forget the part Goodwin played in Danny Lennon's departure from the club and neither should anybody else.

Its his first sticky spell and he's bailed out. Really poor. He's left the club in a poor position as the window now  opens and they have to get a new manager in place also. Timing is all wrong. He should have got his head down and done the job to the end of the season and then left properly.
I'm glad we have a guy like Jim Goodwin and not Stephen Robinson as I would be very surprised if Jim was to act like Robinson has done.
Most teams outside the OF are constantly rebuilding squads. Bosman and the fact we are all selling clubs dictates that.

45 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Not according to the 'Well fans it isn't.

But you obviously know better than them.

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I have no real opinion on whether Robinson bailed out or not but really surprised you thinking Goodwin is100% loyal and wouldn't do anything similar to Robinson or Jack Ross.

I cannot forget the part Goodwin played in Danny Lennon's departure from the club and neither should anybody else.

Robinson and Jack Ross is totally different.

I think Jim would do what Ross did, anyone with any sense would have done what Jack Ross did. Robinson's is different, protecting his reputation and leaving the club in a mess. 

It wasn’t that long ago he was seen as a potential for the Northern Ireland job. Surely he hasn’t become a shit manager overnight. Maybe he was working with one hand tied behind his back....... so to speak.

10 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Personally, I hope they get a shit manager and get relegated. Too many of their fans think that they are a "big club" and not just "one of the rest".

Personally,  I'd rather see St Johnstone or Hamilton gone.

Motherwell have probably been punching above the weight for years, and always seem to build decent teams.