Eamonn Brophy

djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Its more than our current strikers isnt it? so for me any help is welcomed.

Only just more than Dennis's overall average, and only 1 better than Obika managed last year. The old question "is he better than what we currently have" is very relevant here. Better than Erwin or Junior, probably, but the jury's out re the other two.

7 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

29 goals in 100 league games over 4 seasons. Taking into account this season, its 27 in 85 games. 9 goals a season. not exactly prolific.

I hope he turns out to be the new Somner, but 9 goals a season isn't going to help us much.

He's averaged a goal every 208 minutes in his time at Killie.

image.png.717cf6cab258982e1650b7807622c89f.png

Doesn't sound too fantastic but by comparison, even taking his last season in the Championship with us out of the equation (when he was clearly finished), Steven Thompson was a goal every 240 minutes in a Saints shirt.

Totally agree with what you say we should all be delighted with Saints showing this level of ambitious and of course at 24 his best days are ahead of him

If this comes off then it would be a major coup for us IMO. Someone like Brophy is the closest we could get to star name coming to us. Mid 20s and capped by Scotland - we don't have many others like that on our books [emoji846]

We are showing real and realistic ambition here and it should be applauded

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's averaged a goal every 208 minutes in his time at Killie.

Doesn't sound too fantastic but by comparison, even taking his last season in the Championship with us out of the equation (when he was clearly finished), Steven Thompson was a goal every 240 minutes in a Saints shirt.

This might sound blasphemous to fellow Saints fans, but Thompson was no great shakes either on the goals front. Led the line well, pitched in with his share of goals, but again not a prolific striker. Roughly a goal in every 5 league games over his career.

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

This might sound blasphemous to fellow Saints fans, but Thompson was no great shakes either on the goals front. Led the line well, pitched in with his share of goals, but again not a prolific striker. Roughly a goal in every 5 league games over his career.

He returned his very best averages in a St. Mirren shirt though. Averaged 16-17 goals a season in all competitions with us - I'd say any player scoring north of 15 a season for us is pretty prolific.

If you tell me Brophy will get 2 goals in every 5 or even 1 in 3 for us over the next 3 seasons, I'd happily take that.

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

I'd be f*cking delighted, but I won't hold my breath.

Again though, I'm not making things up. He's scored a goal every 208 minutes in a Killie shirt. He's literally a 2 in every 5 striker. Why is that too massive an ask to feel he can replicate that?

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Again though, I'm not making things up. He's scored a goal every 208 minutes in a Killie shirt. He's literally a 2 in every 5 striker. Why is that too massive an ask to feel he can replicate that?

We can but hope. That would give him almost 15 league goals. But given he's only once been in double figures for a league season, as I said I'll not hold my breath.

Edited by saint in exile

47 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

It IS blasphemy!

If Brophy scores a couple of goals in a couple of Cup Finals I'd probably find space in my heart to forgive him being "a slacker"...

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Why do I need to wait until he has kicked a ball for us???

Erwin was Ross County's 4th choice striker for a reason and me judging his lack of ability before he signed was 100% spot on due to me seeing him play plenty in this same league.

Brophy is exactly the same 2 goals this season down to Kilmarnock's 3rd or 4th choice striker why is that???

He is playing the same teams in the same league just with a different strip on so think it's pretty easy to judge him on that.

If he proves me wrong it's a win-win situation you all get to gloat, Probably winning more games if he is scoring goals.

The Kilmarnock fans who see him every week think its fuc###g hilarious we are paying more wages than Aberdeen and Hibs to get him.

Turned down a contract extension and fell down the pecking order as a result.

They can't be seeing him every week if he is 3rd or 4th choice? He was doing a decent job of scoring goals for them prior to this season.

1 minute ago, kevo_smfc said:

Turned down a contract extension and fell down the pecking order as a result.

They can't be seeing him every week if he is 3rd or 4th choice? He was doing a decent job of scoring goals for them prior to this season.

It seems obvious that Alex Dyer wasn't going to pick anyone that doesn't see their future at kilmarnock and wants players who see their future there.

Agree he is worth a gamble yes, but a 3 year deal which looks like we are breaking the bank to get too high risk imo.

Cannot be anything but an improvement on Messrs Obika, Morais and co. Has actually been able to compete in this league even if presently out of form. Also looks as if he isn’t brushed aside like a fly which the present incumbents tend to be. Worth a gamble in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Agree he is worth a gamble yes, but a 3 year deal which looks like we are breaking the bank to get too high risk imo.

It would be Saints taking a chance on someone who was good enough to be picked for the national team. He does well and we get clubs come a calling while he still has plenty left on his contract meaning we shouldn't lose him for peanuts.

I would just like to thank Ronnie and Shull for reminding me why I stopped coming on this forum. Supporters of the club the player is leaving are never a good source of a players ability. I was told by a Motherwell fan that Tait was past it and was a crap signing and that hasn't been true at all, I believe the RossCounty fans said the same about Fraser and he's been solid as well and i'm sure there's a lot more than that

44 minutes ago, cardeebuds said:

I would just like to thank Ronnie and Shull for reminding me why I stopped coming on this forum. Supporters of the club the player is leaving are never a good source of a players ability. I was told by a Motherwell fan that Tait was past it and was a crap signing and that hasn't been true at all, I believe the RossCounty fans said the same about Fraser and he's been solid as well and i'm sure there's a lot more than that

There are many fantastic players in the world. Unfortunately some are cheating divers.

If Brophy comes here and doesnt dive and cheat , brilliant I say.

If he does cheat, then feckem.

Cheerio again cardeebuds. :byebye

So fecking sorry for thinking for myself. 

I would disagree.

I would suggest Supporters of a club a player is leaving is the perfect place to get an insight into his ability as they watch him every week.

I have also based my opinion on watching him numerous times v Saints, live on tv a few times and highlights on Kilmarnock YouTube channel & Sportscene .

Still to remember thinking Brophy was good/great/amazing in that game today in any match I have ever saw him and like Shull says only thing that sticks out is his tendency to dive quite alot.