Eamonn Brophy

djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

This is a genuine question to everyone on here, Faraway you praised Brophy's potential signing on another thread and Lenziebud is one of many to say we know his ability is good etc etc etc only Billyg has came out with some sort of evidence to his ability.

Has anyone ever saw him have a good match against St Mirren???

Has anyone ever watched a Kilmarnock match against anyone else and raved about or been impressed with his performance afterwards?

I can read watch YouTube or read his stats like everyone else and his 1 in 5 goals imo is just ok.

I said this before and seeing as Swiss saint likes to repeat his points I cannot remember EVER thinking after any match involving Brophy how good he was today plenty times though thought of him as a diver, lazy, overrated.

Like my negativity on Erwin it's up to Brophy to prove me wrong let's hope he does.

I'll gladly eat my words for a 15-20 goal a season striker.

So ask yourself why Aberdeen and Hibs wanted to sign him. Why Stevie Clarke capped him for Scotland and was integral part of team who were 3rd ?

Championship clubs wanted him.

Alex Neil also had him at Hamilton and offered him repeat contracts.

Also I have been impressed by Brophy when we have played Killie. For me though we would need to partner him with someone to work off.

I think Brophy will bring out the best in other players also.

We are getting him at 24 which is a good age and he can go and improve as a player.

I personally don't think we will get better.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

I’d say two. Scored 10 and 11 top flight goals. The best that Reilly has managed was 11 league Championship goals. I don’t believe you can compare the two just yet.

FWIW I believe that Martindale will get the best out of Reilly. 

I'm not sure about that. I think he's a dud at Premiership level. Completely failed at League 2 in England. Decent Championship striker but highly overrated by many on this forum and I said that when he left us !

Eammon Brophy is a far superior player to Gavin Reilly. Would be surprised if Reilly stays at Livi for long.

Ok here goes been a season ticket holder over 30 years go to 90%+ of matches in first 15 years filtered between 50-90% last 15 years due to other circumstances.

I said for 2 years Kevin Nisbet was best young striker in Scotland he went to Hibs and has 10 goals this season already that is more than the 7 different strikers we have had on our books since Goodwin took over.

At least 20 people calling me out on here and St Mirren fans social media over my OPINION of Brophy but still waiting on 1 telling me what they PERSONALLY have saw of Brophy that makes him so good???

Hypothetical statement here I am a Livingston fan who doesn't know Gavin Reilly I look at his stats and see his last season in Scotland he scored 22 Goals in 44 appearances I think amazing striker we are getting here.

I dont rate Reilly better than Thommo, don't know if he would have been a good player for us in premier league probably not going by his last 6 months but like other players before Livingston seem together an extra 10% out of players other teams dont rate.

I'm not Comparing Reillly to Brophy or Thommo I'm comparing stats nothing more nothing less.

Again my OPINION on Brophy is based on being present or watching on tv every Kilmarnock v St Mirren match last 3 years.

Also watched plenty highlights of most Kilmarnock matches through YouTube or Sportscene last 3 years.

I repeat again not once have I ever came away thinking Brophy played great today or was really good, or was amazing he scored 1 good goal v Rangers I remember that is it.

I do remember branding him a diver, thinking he is overrated after a particular match down there where we lost.

Again maybe someone will have the balls to stop quoting his wikipedia stats and tell me PERSONALLY why he is such a great signing as we can see from Gavin Reilly stats can be interpreted good or bad but they dont tell the whole story.

I’ve resisted the temptation to respond to you until now. Mainly due to the fact that I’m not convinced that you aren’t just another sad troll. My thinking that you might not be for real in turn is due to the fact that in my entire life I’ve never come across anyone who was such a joyless article.
So I will ask you two simple questions (one of which you’ve been asked before and chosen not to answer).
Name one striker who you believe is within our budget that you would have preferred we signed?
By referencing Reilly’s scoring record at a lower level against Brophy’s at top level, are you saying you’d have preferred we sign Reilly than Brophy?

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Ok here goes been a season ticket holder over 30 years go to 90%+ of matches in first 15 years filtered between 50-90% last 15 years due to other circumstances.

I said for 2 years Kevin Nisbet was best young striker in Scotland he went to Hibs and has 10 goals this season already that is more than the 7 different strikers we have had on our books since Goodwin took over.

At least 20 people calling me out on here and St Mirren fans social media over my OPINION of Brophy but still waiting on 1 telling me what they PERSONALLY have saw of Brophy that makes him so good???

Hypothetical statement here I am a Livingston fan who doesn't know Gavin Reilly I look at his stats and see his last season in Scotland he scored 22 Goals in 44 appearances I think amazing striker we are getting here.

I dont rate Reilly better than Thommo, don't know if he would have been a good player for us in premier league probably not going by his last 6 months but like other players before Livingston seem together an extra 10% out of players other teams dont rate.

I'm not Comparing Reillly to Brophy or Thommo I'm comparing stats nothing more nothing less.

Again my OPINION on Brophy is based on being present or watching on tv every Kilmarnock v St Mirren match last 3 years.

Also watched plenty highlights of most Kilmarnock matches through YouTube or Sportscene last 3 years.

I repeat again not once have I ever came away thinking Brophy played great today or was really good, or was amazing he scored 1 good goal v Rangers I remember that is it.

I do remember branding him a diver, thinking he is overrated after a particular match down there where we lost.

Again maybe someone will have the balls to stop quoting his wikipedia stats and tell me PERSONALLY why he is such a great signing as we can see from Gavin Reilly stats can be interpreted good or bad but they dont tell the whole story.

Just want to be clear on something seeing as you’ve brought Nisbet into the argument. Are you suggesting that we could have signed him instead of Hibs? Anyone with half a brain and a rudimentary knowledge of Scottish football could see that Nisbet has been an amazing prospect for a while now. I never once thought we’d be in a position to sign him though.

Also I notice you quoted my post, but once again have chosen not to answer two straightforward questions.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

I’ve resisted the temptation to respond to you until now. Mainly due to the fact that I’m not convinced that you aren’t just another sad troll. My thinking that you might not be for real in turn is due to the fact that in my entire life I’ve never come across anyone who was such a joyless article.
So I will ask you two simple questions (one of which you’ve been asked before and chosen not to answer).
Name one striker who you believe is within our budget that you would have preferred we signed?
By referencing Reilly’s scoring record at a lower level against Brophy’s at top level, are you saying you’d have preferred we sign Reilly than Brophy?
Pretty sure I answered both your questions.

Nisbet is the striker we should gave signed before he went to Hibs just because I dont believe Brophy is good doesn't mean I have to scout every striker in UK to find one better to appease everyone on here.

I spoke in length about Reilly and stated I dont think he would have been good for us at premiership level maybe you had difficulty understanding that I used Reilly as perfect example to compare stats as that seems to be only reason anyone is giving on signing Brophy his wiki stats.

According to the journalists who reported Brophy signing we outfinanced Hibs and Aberdeen so why can we do that with Brophy but not Nisbet???

Also you still never stated why Brophy is so good I have stated why i dont rate him but only person not answering questions is you???

If you dont hail every new signing as the best striker ever you are some sort of troll these same people hailed Lee Erwin as an amazing signing based on him having 1 good match v Saints 7 years ago.

At least they gave an opinion on his ability from watching him rather than just quoting stats from Wikipedia.

Ronnie rules.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Pretty sure I answered both your questions.

Nisbet is the striker we should gave signed before he went to Hibs just because I dont believe Brophy is good doesn't mean I have to scout every striker in UK to find one better to appease everyone on here.

I spoke in length about Reilly and stated I dont think he would have been good for us at premiership level maybe you had difficulty understanding that I used Reilly as perfect example to compare stats as that seems to be only reason anyone is giving on signing Brophy his wiki stats.

According to the journalists who reported Brophy signing we outfinanced Hibs and Aberdeen so why can we do that with Brophy but not Nisbet???

Also you still never stated why Brophy is so good I have stated why i dont rate him but only person not answering questions is you???

Others have stated a pretty clear case on here for why we may have been able to outbid Hibs for Brophy but not for Nisbet. I won't repeat that. Hibs clearly signed Nisbet as a first choice striker as has been proven by him being a first team regular. Are you seriously trying to suggest that on a like for like basis we could ever out bid Hibs? If so you are deluded. Why do you think there has been a historical procession of our players moving to Hibs? The Nisbet suggestion is frankly silly. Therefore, in my opinion you have not answered the specific question I asked.

OK so you have (sort of) answered the Reilly question above which renders ridiculous his ever having been brought into the conversation in the first place.

Finally, I don't need to "state why Brophy is so good", mainly because I've never claimed he was "so good". What I have claimed is nothing more than in my opinion he will turn out to be as good a signing as we could reasonable be expected to have made. More importantly, unlike you, I'm prepared to wait until he's kicked a few baws before I start regarding him as a poor signing.

On the topic of strikers. Who is likely to still be around to provide cover/play beside Brophy?

Who of our current strikers are contracted beyond this season?

I am sure that Obika and Morias are out of contract in June, but what about Dennis and Erwin?

Is Josh Jack likely to come into the first team? (probably not, I would imagine)

Edited by Prague Buddie

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

If you dont hail every new signing as the best striker ever you are some sort of troll these same people hailed Lee Erwin as an amazing signing based on him having 1 good match v Saints 7 years ago.

At least they gave an opinion on his ability from watching him rather than just quoting stats from Wikipedia.

I'm going to assume that I'm not one of "these same people" given that I have never made any such claim about Erwin.

Erwin could have come on recommendation from Fraser who will have been his captain at Ross county.

On the subject of inset, I would assume that hibs put together a better financial package at the time, let's not forget hibs made some serious cost cutting measures to redirect finances into first team as well as other signings. Now given their goalkeeping situation at moment it was all shortsighted and they are having a struggle with that.

Bit of a JR bash but it's Sunderland all over again.

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm going to assume that I'm not one of "these same people" given that I have never made any such claim about Erwin.

Nobody proclaimed Erwin as an "amazing" signing.

All they did was say that they'd actually wait to see whether he was any good or not after he'd actually played for us.

Welcome Lee Erwin - General St. Mirren Discussion - virtual west bank (blackandwhitearmy.com)

Seems like Ronnie is telling porkies.

3 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Maybe so but most likely shareholders got a nice little bonus out of that. 

I don’t think shareholders have received a bonus/dividend since the 70s.

9 minutes ago, HSS said:

I don’t think shareholders have received a bonus/dividend since the 70s.

Fair enough, sorry bout going off subject by going on about them in Edinburgh.

With the signing of Brophy and even going back to the summer signings, we are making better, targeted signings instead of the wholesale take a chance on say 20 players a season and hope some are fairly ok. 

I think Erwin and Dennis are better coming off bench if JG has to go with 2 up front but they might find themselves in same situ as morias, although Dennis might go before to look for 1st team regular football especially at his age.

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

So you don't think Brophy is a good signing and a number of others do, end of ?

It seems to me that unless others agree with you that you are just going to keep banging on about it.

Go and tell Jim Goodwin, Jack Ross, Derek McInnes, Stevie Clarke and a number of Championship managers in England he is not up to it. Let us know what they say ?

42 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nobody proclaimed Erwin as an "amazing" signing.

All they did was say that they'd actually wait to see whether he was any good or not after he'd actually played for us.

Welcome Lee Erwin - General St. Mirren Discussion - virtual west bank (blackandwhitearmy.com)

Seems like Ronnie is telling porkies.

Exactly. Expressions like "these same people" are used by people who are either liars or simply talking utter shite. I'm unfussed by which category Ronnie fits into. People who are telling the truth usually quote actual statements made by actual people.

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

This is a genuine question to everyone on here, Faraway you praised Brophy's potential signing on another thread and Lenziebud is one of many to say we know his ability is good etc etc etc only Billyg has came out with some sort of evidence to his ability.

Has anyone ever saw him have a good match against St Mirren???

Has anyone ever watched a Kilmarnock match against anyone else and raved about or been impressed with his performance afterwards?

I can read watch YouTube or read his stats like everyone else and his 1 in 5 goals imo is just ok.

I said this before and seeing as Swiss saint likes to repeat his points I cannot remember EVER thinking after any match involving Brophy how good he was today plenty times though thought of him as a diver, lazy, overrated.

Like my negativity on Erwin it's up to Brophy to prove me wrong let's hope he does.

I'll gladly eat my words for a 15-20 goal a season striker.

As I said on the other thread, I rarely get involved in these "He's great "He's shite" threads when we sign a player, I only posted in here to point out the fact that he's an internationalist is next to irrelevant IMO, as is your subjective, and damning opinion of him. 

Aye, we can all quote stats, and they are hard to argue with, although some seem to try to do this very thing.

All I can add, and I'm out after this, is that I remember him at Hamilton and had a discussion with my Dad at that time and we both thought he was a player.

I was surprised that he went to Kilmarnock, thought he had more to him.

I don't watch much Scottish football as it's mostly shite so I can't, with any conviction, say how he's played in the last few seasons.

I will reiterate I am excited at his potential and believe he could be a very good acquisition for us. 

Edited by faraway saint