St mirren - kv Mechelen

Hello friends, I am a supporter of kv mechelen and I also collect everything from this club. I am also looking for the ticket of the cup winners cup match St MIrren - kv mechelen of 4/11/1987. I hope there might be someone here who could help me with that? of course for a fee! all other things of this match are also welcome. photos, posters, pennant ...
thanks in advance and keep it safe! Greetz from Mechelen 

10 minutes ago, Malinois Fc said:

Hello friends, I am a supporter of kv mechelen and I also collect everything from this club. I am also looking for the ticket of the cup winners cup match St MIrren - kv mechelen of 4/11/1987. I hope there might be someone here who could help me with that? of course for a fee! all other things of this match are also welcome. photos, posters, pennant ...

Welcome.

My memory is fading now but I do remember being very upbeat before the match.

Sadly though it was pretty clear quite quickly that we were being outclassed in every area of the pitch and we deservedly went out. Haven't been near a European tournament since.

It was some consolation to lose to the winners.

Hope someone on here can help you out.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Welcome.

Sadly though it was pretty clear quite quickly that we were being outclassed in every area of the pitch and we deservedly went out. Haven't been near a European tournament since.

Hi,

yes also for us it was very special it was our first time ever that we played in an european competition. I hope we will meet eachother back someday on the highest level! 

1 hour ago, Malinois Fc said:

I think you'll struggle to get a ticket from this game mate, your only hope is that the main stand may have been all ticket but the rest ground would have been pay at the gate..

Remember the game well and yous were by far the better team, very surprised we held yous too a goalless draw over in Belgium..

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Welcome.

I think we we were pretty upbeat because we got a 0-0 on their ground in the 1st leg. 

We were quickly pretty downbeat in the second leg and scratching our heads wondering how did we ever mange to get a draw with these guys. 

Just now, uhura said:

I think we we were pretty upbeat because we got a 0-0 on their ground in the 1st leg. 

We were quickly pretty downbeat in the second leg and scratching our heads wondering how did we ever mange to get a draw with these guys. 

Yeah that was a great result out in Belgium.

In  the context of where we are today, it's almost laughable to think that we were competing hard with teams from Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Norway and Sweden and expecting to beat them.

Changed days.

7 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

I think you'll struggle to get a ticket from this game mate, your only hope is that the main stand may have been all ticket but the rest ground would have been pay at the gate..

Remember the game well and yous were by far the better team, very surprised we held yous too a goalless draw over in Belgium..

The Main Stand was all-ticket and were priced £10 which was extortionate back then.

9 minutes ago, john scott said:

Remarkable achievement for Mechelen to actually win the trophy in their 1st season of European football. Hadn't realised that was their European debut season.

Yes was indeed remarkable is still the First and only time that a team has won an european cup in their First participation. We also won the european supercup that season against PSV Eindhoven. Those where the days😁

1 hour ago, Malinois Fc said:

Yes was indeed remarkable is still the First and only time that a team has won an european cup in their First participation. We also won the european supercup that season against PSV Eindhoven. Those where the days😁

I believe you had a very rich benefactor at the time who spent quiet a few Belgian Francs on the team, the one player I remember most was the fantastic goalkeeper yous had at the time 

42 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I believe you had a very rich benefactor at the time who spent quiet a few Belgian Francs on the team, the one player I remember most was the fantastic goalkeeper yous had at the time 

Yes our chairman John cordier he was a visionair in the belgian football , he was one of the First in belgium that runned a footballclub as of it was a company.. also he build the First bussines loges in a belgian stadium.. and our goalie Michel Preud’Homme winner of 2 golden boots in belgium and also choosen as Number 1 of the world. But we had alot of great players at that time like Koeman, Clijsters, Eli ohana.. 

Me and 3 mates went to Belgium for the Scotland game in 2019. From experience we always stay an extra day after the game.

On the morning of that day we pondered whether we would go back to the €2 bar or do something else.

We got the train to Mechelen and what a lovely wee place it is.

Yes our chairman John cordier he was a visionair in the belgian football , he was one of the First in belgium that runned a footballclub as of it was a company.. also he build the First bussines loges in a belgian stadium.. and our goalie Michel Preud’Homme winner of 2 golden boots in belgium and also choosen as Number 1 of the world. But we had alot of great players at that time like Koeman, Clijsters, Eli ohana.. 

I was at the game in Mechelen...
an amazing experience.
Flew over on the same flight as the team.

Loved the visit and the hospitality

Great result for us... But I warned anyone who would listen to watch out for Eli Ohana in the second leg.

He was just different class.

Sure enough, he tore us apart at Love Street.

I always feel that was a cursed tournament for us with Bone punching McGarvey after the latter was subbed vs Tromso and Ian Ferguson handing his transfer request in after the Mechelen one at Love St.

Do I remember correctly that news of Ferguson signing a new contract was announced over the tannoy prior to the game starting?

Edited by Bud the Baker