St Mirren v Motherwell 9/1/21

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Strikers cannot just hang about waiting for someone to lay it on a plate for them

Of course they can’t but that not really what’s happening is it?

A striker can demonstrate as much good movement as he likes, but if the supplier blooters the ball nowhere near him then he can’t really be blamed can he.

Like I said in an earlier post, I’m not saying our strikers aren’t rubbish. Maybe they are. But what cannot be argued is that they are absolutely not missing loads of great chances. 

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Of course they can’t but that not really what’s happening is it?

A striker can demonstrate as much good movement as he likes, but if the supplier blooters the ball nowhere near him then he can’t really be blamed can he.

Like I said in an earlier post, I’m not saying our strikers aren’t rubbish. Maybe they are. But what cannot be argued is that they are absolutely not missing loads of great chances. 

So, to summarise, we have no one who can pass the ball and we have forwards who can't score.

We're fcuked. :lol:

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

I watched Shankland on Sat against Aberdeen. He didn't score but got  shots away on target from the edge of the box. How often do you see a St Mirren striker take a shot from outside the box? Our midfielders do it but our strikers don't.

Would you call McAllister a striker? On Saturday, he did what apparently Goodwin had been telling them - "get shots in, you never know what might happen".

And a draw happily happened out of nowt.  :)

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Do strikers often take shots from outside the box? I’d say not. Midfielders yes and ours have certainly been doing that. 
The likes of McGrath, McPherson and Durmus have been regularly peppering the corner flag with potshots from outside the box. 

Erhahon will be disappointed to not have been mentioned on your list !!

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Do strikers often take shots from outside the box? I’d say not. Midfielders yes and ours have certainly been doing that. 
The likes of McGrath, McPherson and Durmus have been regularly peppering the corner flag with potshots from outside the box. 

Not ours. This weekend for example Shankland, Main, Mullin, Griffiths, Kelly, and Kane, all strikers, all had shots on target for their teams from the edge of the box. I don't have any issues with our midfielders shooting because they do but our strikers fail to shoot when they have a chance.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, oaksoft said:

Agree with dropping Mason and having a second striker up front.

Cammy in for Ethan as well.

It's worrying how many balls we get into the box which go nowhere near one of our own players.

Can't work out whether our wide players are at fault for poor direction of the balls or our striker for being nowhere to be seen but that needs fixed ASAP.

Totally agree. As much as Ethan has improved he is so one footed. 

They have had a full week now albeit with same management team minus Robinson to iron out some of the mistakes before and during Hamilton game plus signed a really good keeper in Liam Kelly.

The old St Mirren would lose this 1-0 to a team with no victory in weeks and Kelly would probably be either man of the match or not have a save to make.

Let's see if the new Mentally stronger St Mirren can scrape a victory here as points not performances are order of the day.

This will be a tough game. Motherwell's away play has ok. Think they played well at Tannadice. And it took Rangers an hour to break them down. 1.0 Saints would be a big 3 pts.

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They have had a full week now albeit with same management team minus Robinson to iron out some of the mistakes before and during Hamilton game plus signed a really good keeper in Liam Kelly.

The old St Mirren would lose this 1-0 to a team with no victory in weeks and Kelly would probably be either man of the match or not have a save to make.

Let's see if the new Mentally stronger St Mirren can scrape a victory here as points not performances are order of the day.

Should be getting at them from get go, in saying that a scrappy 1 nil win and 3 points will do👍

29 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

As good a 'keeper as he appears to be, the Livingston fans say he's worth 3 or 4 complete howlers a season.

In fact, I seem to remember him gifting us a goal in 2019 , when McAllister shot and Kelly fumbled it straight into Simeon Jackson's path.

Hopefully, he'll make an arse of one on Saturday.

Livingston 1-3 St. Mirren | Saints Move 6 Points Clear from Bottom! | Ladbrokes Premiership - YouTube

3 minute 30 seconds in, if you want a laugh.

Edited by FTOF

As good a 'keeper as he appears to be, the Livingston fans say he's worth 3 or 4 complete howlers a season.
In fact, I seem to remember him gifting us a goal in 2019 , when McAllister shot and Kelly fumbled it straight into Simeon Jackson's path.

You never mentioned him getting nutmegged for the 1st. [emoji6]

Didn't realise it was him in goals in that game. Maybe it was the dodgy pitch that deceived him.

Lets hope he does a Danny Rodgers on Saturday.

You never mentioned him getting nutmegged for the 1st. [emoji6]

I honestly couldn't care less if Motherwell have a new manager or new players. We are more than good enough to win on Saturday. I think we have went off the boil a wee bit recently after playing some really good stuff for a number of weeks. With the right attitude and approach we should 100% be looking for 3 points.

4 hours ago, Jocky said:

Is the undersoil heating on? Does it still work? Otherwise the games a bogey methinks

0BuNFk7g_x96.jpg

Snowflake
Plenty of snow in and around Paisley this morning but the pitch at the SMiSA Stadium in pristine condition ahead of Saturday's match against Motherwell. http://bit.ly/2LwXvqc

Edited by pod