St Mirren v Motherwell 9/1/21

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Need some entertainment. So think I'll go watch some paint dry. That was f**king dire. Didnt deserve a point. Could have 2 or 3 down by half time. Durmuss looked better than the other 11 put together. Maybe with the exception of McGrath and Alnwick. Deserved nothing but nicked a point. Coys

Again, you reckon Motherwell deserved all 3 points on that showing today?????

Did you not say the same thing last week about Killie?

Lots of slack passes today.

Most disappointed I've been with Fraser.  Not a good game from him.  Ethan could have gone off earlier.  Looked knackered and his passing was suffering from that, too.

Erwin today was maybe not as bad as i usually think he is.  He did hold the ball a few times -as Obika does.

It's the slipshod passing that creates problems for themselves that I find insufferable.

21 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Was a penalty    -   I suspect you are thinking Mugabi never touched Erwin and that is correct - but Gallacher is pulling him back from Mugabi

You'll see it on tv later

O Hara lucky not to get a 2nd booking

That was never a penalty in a million years. Erwin just fell over, wasnt a dive, hes just not very good.

Poor performance, a bit of a worry we are nowhere near the level we know these players are capable of. My thoughts 

- Erwin, although much better with a partner up top isn't the level we need, he's had enough time now to show his worth and sadly has not in the main part (get he won the penalty). Wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out the team with new signings

- Very soft penalty, wee bit of luck on that 

- Wide players need to be doing more, Motherwell had that well scouted, thought Durmus changed the game regarding an attacking threat

- Defence again looking shaky, could have been game over in the first half, would like to see a new CB during the window and an option to press Fraser 

Need some entertainment. So think I'll go watch some paint dry. That was f**king dire. Didnt deserve a point. Could have 2 or 3 down by half time. Durmuss looked better than the other 11 put together. Maybe with the exception of McGrath and Alnwick. Deserved nothing but nicked a point. Coys

Totally agree

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Can't believe so many on here struggled to find anything enjoyable about that today. :blink:

Maybe football at our level isn't for you guys?

I think some fans have unrealistic expectations about saints, it all has to be put in comparison with previous seasons, we are playing the best football that I have seen in the last 5 years and can hold our own against any team in the league, what’s not enjoyable about that? 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

By that logic you think Motherwell deserved all 3 points?

Really?

If that's what he meant - I would agree with him.

'Well made the usual mistake of sitting back and wasting time - instead of continuing to outplay us as they had been in the first half.

Our effort wasn't lacking this afternoon, but the quality certainly was.

Again, you reckon Motherwell deserved all 3 points on that showing today?????
Did you not say the same thing last week about Killie?
You go and watch your mediocre football. And thats being generous. Out the 2 teams you couldn't make 1 decent team. Sums up the SPL utter rubbish. But if your enjoying it I'm happy for you. Now I have more exciting things to do like walk the dog.