St Mirren v Motherwell 9/1/21

Can't believe so many on here struggled to find anything enjoyable about that today. :blink:
Maybe football at our level isn't for you guys?
I think compared to what we had been used to last couple of months today was disappointing. The massive positive is this squad has bags of character and we score plenty late goals and win a lot of points from losing positions. That in itself is a huge improvement on previous seasons. Today we didn't play well but we dug in and earned our point. To say it was an enjoyable watch though is stretching things a bit.

I think some fans have unrealistic expectations about saints, it all has to be put in comparison with previous seasons, we are playing the best football that I have seen in the last 5 years and can hold our own against any team in the league, what’s not enjoyable about that? 
What. beating Motherwell at home us unrealistic. Strange.

2 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
Again, you reckon Motherwell deserved all 3 points on that showing today?????
Did you not say the same thing last week about Killie?

You go and watch your mediocre football. And thats being generous. Out the 2 teams you couldn't make 1 decent team. Sums up the SPL utter rubbish. But if your enjoying it I'm happy for you. Now I have more exciting things to do like walk the dog.

Pass on my regards to Travis.

🐕

Good point given the level of performance for 70mins. Not been playing well for a number of games now.

Have to say I thought Lee Erwin did well last 30 mins. Hold up play and lay offs were good.

Erwin looked a far better player when Brophy came on. Brophy looks like he will give us what we have been lacking up front. As will Quaner.

Connolly is a threat and has bags of pace but his distribution and final ball are abysmal.

McAllister is not close to Premiership level and needs to be binned. How he starts I'll never know.

2 points dropped but given the performance 1 point gained.

Another big mention for Jim's Jim's substitutions yet again. Changed the pattern of the game. I don't know if McAllister was getting hooked anyway but the passage of play immediately before him leaving was pitiful. He had a good start on the big Well defender but appeared to be running in treacle as the big man easily out paced him over 20m or so. It was sad to watch.

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

So am I getting this right - no OF team playing today so no SPFL Sportscene till tomorrow night once Sevco have played which is no use because I'm working on Monday and Sportscene isn't on till past my bedtime! 😴 

Sportscene is on BBC Scotland (channel 9) from 7.15 on Sunday evening. The late night programme on BBC1 is a repeat.

Is 7.15 past your beddy-bobos time, BTB ?

Not a great performance by either team, so a point apiece seems fair.

For a second week our midfield struggled. Erhahon and McGrath could not get a grip on the game. Perhaps time to try Flynn and MacPherson again. Also, Doyle-Hayes was less effective than he's been up till now. Think the Well players had sussed that he was the man in our midfield to target.

Durmus good again when he came on, but doesn't seem able to play like that consistently.

Quiet debut for Brophy though he was clearly trying.

On to St. Johnstone and as always.....

COYS!!

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Another big mention for Jim's Jim's substitutions yet again. Changed the pattern of the game. I don't know if McAllister was getting hooked anyway but the passage of play immediately before him leaving was pitiful. He had a good start on the big Well defender but appeared to be running in treacle as the big man easily out paced him over 20m or so. It was sad to watch.

He's done. Never had pace at Premiership level. Don't know how many times I've said it tbh. Its was the same when Kearney was here. How he was ever offered 3 years is beyond me. He is on his way out no doubt about it

33 minutes ago, antrin said:

Lots of slack passes today.

Most disappointed I've been with Fraser.  Not a good game from him.  Ethan could have gone off earlier.  Looked knackered and his passing was suffering from that, too.

Erwin today was maybe not as bad as i usually think he is.  He did hold the ball a few times -as Obika does.

It's the slipshod passing that creates problems for themselves that I find insufferable.

If Fraser would learn how to stop crosses, manage to pass to a team mate sometimes and generally not wander about in a trance it would help everyone greatly.

27 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I think some fans have unrealistic expectations about saints, it all has to be put in comparison with previous seasons, we are playing the best football that I have seen in the last 5 years and can hold our own against any team in the league, what’s not enjoyable about that? 

Yes and that's where I am coming from.

This is like night and day compared to those seasons.

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
Can't believe so many on here struggled to find anything enjoyable about that today. :blink:

I think compared to what we had been used to last couple of months today was disappointing. The massive positive is this squad has bags of character and we score plenty late goals and win a lot of points from losing positions. That in itself is a huge improvement on previous seasons. Today we didn't play well but we dug in and earned our point. To say it was an enjoyable watch though is stretching things a bit.

I think the problem is that too many people are too quick to forget the level of football we've been treated to over the last few seasons. Performances during our 12 match unbeaten run has bred a little bit of an entitlement complex IMO.

24 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
36 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe your cooler and more uber intelligent than the rest of us. 

I'm not cooler. There are some pretty intelligent chaps on here but I would agree that I was one of them.

Thanks for that. Brought a tear to my eye.