St Mirren v Motherwell 9/1/21

7 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

If Fraser would learn how to stop crosses, manage to pass to a team mate sometimes and generally not wander about in a trance it would help everyone greatly.

Fraser played very well today. He was essentially covering two positions - right back and right wing.

He was up and down the pitch all day, causing problems when he did so. Could have snatched a goal too.

I think the problem we have just now is Erahon has gone right off the boil. How Jim  cant see it baffles me our down turn in form started when he went off the boil JDH and Jamie Mcgrath needs someone who's going to Contribute we are basicly a man short there. 

1 minute ago, elvis said:

I think the problem we have just now is Erahon has gone right off the boil. How Jim  cant see it baffles me our down turn in form started when he went off the boil JDH and Jamie Mcgrath needs someone who's going to Contribute we are basicly a man short there. 

Ethan has so much potential - and is one for the future.

However, it is time that Flynn, MacPherson and Foley got the chance to take the pressure off him while in this dip in form.

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Agreed. When Ethen is struggling to get into the game he gets deeper and deeper and ends up playing beside Jake which is useless.  When Well were on top we really needed someone to try and get us further up the pitch but we made it difficult for ourselves.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Thought Erwin looked better when playing alongside Brophy. Not scary dangerous but tidy.

He was absolutely dreadful before that.

However, he did actually begin to look like something resembling a football player when Brophy came on and was much better.

Also, agree with other comments regarding Fraser and Connolly. We actually got lot a lot of space down the right hand side today, but their passing/final ball was appalling.

With that quality of service, Mo Salah could have up front for us today and not had sniff of goal.<_<

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Been a very good game.

Both teams look dangerous on the attack.

Erwin is playing very well here and our wingers are causing problems.

Only some last gasp defending by Motherwell has kept them ahead.

Glad Hesgoal was working ok for you  👍

Poor performance, a bit of a worry we are nowhere near the level we know these players are capable of. My thoughts 
- Erwin, although much better with a partner up top isn't the level we need, he's had enough time now to show his worth and sadly has not in the main part (get he won the penalty). Wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out the team with new signings
- Very soft penalty, wee bit of luck on that 
- Wide players need to be doing more, Motherwell had that well scouted, thought Durmus changed the game regarding an attacking threat
- Defence again looking shaky, could have been game over in the first half, would like to see a new CB during the window and an option to press Fraser 
[emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]
Yet another lining up for a cheap shot at Erwin.
Get behind him FFS... Supporters do that, you know. Support and encourage.
He played well overall and had some lovely touches.
Much more to come from the lad.
Boo boy!

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

emoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.png
Boo boy!

Encouraged and had his back for a long time, hoped he’d come good but now we have other options I don’t see him getting much game time. 

Lost count of the number of times he needlessly game the ball away today. 

My issue with us at the moment is not the “standard” of our football so much. We play some nice stuff generally. My issue is how frustrating we are to watch. Poor decision making or execution at the vital times after good build up play. Certainly not good for the blood pressure.

Observations on today.

Alnwick was excellent as ever although did flap at one corner which nearly cost us but I wouldn’t be holding that against him. The guy is brilliant.

Tait, Shaughnessy and McCarthy were all decent. Fraser had a rare poor game.

Ethan needs a wee spell on the bench and JDH had a quiet game by his recent standards. Didn’t play particularly badly but just wasn’t as influential as usual.

Connolly was poor and one of the main sources of the frustration I was talking about. McGrath huffed and puffed. He was okay but he’s been much better. McAllister woeful. Looked fat and slow.

Erwin was awful too. I accept he was marginally better in the second half, but it’s a measure of how bad he is when folk start giving him praise because he managed once or twice to chest the ball down and pass it to a team mate. That is bread and butter for a player of his type and the bare minimum we should expect.

People saying we were lucky to get a point today and I guess we were, but only in the sense that we were 1-0 down reasonably late on and got a dodgy penalty. However, today still felt like a defeat to me. We failed to beat a team that I believe are inferior to us and that for me is the most frustrating thing. 

15 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

emoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.png
Boo boy!

Agreed. That was his best performance for us IMO and is starting to show a bit of promise.

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Ethan has so much potential - and is one for the future.

However, it is time that Flynn, MacPherson and Foley got the chance to take the pressure off him while in this dip in form.

It must be getting near the time when Jim gives one of those 3 a chance ahead of him.

Encouraged and had his back for a long time, hoped he’d come good but now we have other options I don’t see him getting much game time. 

Lost count of the number of times he needlessly game the ball away today. 
Boo boy!
The self appointed defender of all things Saints has turned against the players and is questioning the managers judgement.

Oh the shame!

21 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Lucky draw today

2 weeks running

Midfield needs to be changed if starting Erwin

Not many runners too many ball hoggers

Thank God for the keeper

4 points dropped the last 2 games or more likely 2 luckypoints gained

Definitely not a lucky draw. Fortunate penalty perhaps, but the least we deserved. 

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Boo boy!
The self appointed defender of all things Saints has turned against the players and is questioning the managers judgement.

Oh the shame!

It’s nice to see you being quite positive about a St Mirren point because it’s clear you are one of the most negative posters on here. I simply disagree & can’t stand behind him anymore (hopefully he proves me wrong if given more chances in coming games) 

The middle bit has never been my approach, no player/ coach/ BOD is above criticism & Erwin has been very frustrating in his time at St Mirren. No I’m not questioning the managers judgement, that’s just a fabrication. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s nice to see you being quite positive about a St Mirren point because it’s clear you are one of the most negative posters on here. I simply disagree & can’t stand behind him anymore (hopefully he proves me wrong if given more chances in coming games) 

The middle bit has never been my approach, no player/ coach/ BOD is above criticism & Erwin has been very frustrating in his time at St Mirren. No I’m not questioning the managers judgement, that’s just a fabrication. 

You're wrong on most points in that post, especially about BEK being negative. 

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s nice to see you being quite positive about a St Mirren point because it’s clear you are one of the most negative posters on here.

What absolute nonsense. He clearly is not a negative poster.

As for abuse. You clearly have problems taking it so you really ought not to be dishing it out.