faraway saint

St Mirren v Motherwell 9/1/21

Not very good in the first half - let Watt, Cole and Polworth run the show and we did not pose them much of a threat.

Better in the second half. 

Poor game from a few of our players and not enough of them having a good game... 

Another 2 points dropped and Killie pass us for now ....  but it is better than a defeat for sure...

Felt there were two problems today. First was JDH and Ethan playing too deep and the wide men playing to wide which mean huge gaps for Well to explore and no support in the middle or up front. Second was starting McAllister. He has nice touches but is still unfit and slow and easily pushed off a ball. Durmus offers far more to the team. But a point when we were poor is ok but we have to get back to the energy of a few weeks ago.

Need some entertainment. So think I'll go watch some paint dry. That was f**king dire. Didnt deserve a point. Could have 2 or 3 down by half time. Durmuss looked better than the other 11 put together. Maybe with the exception of McGrath and Alnwick. Deserved nothing but nicked a point. Coys

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Need some entertainment. So think I'll go watch some paint dry. That was f**king dire. Didnt deserve a point. Could have 2 or 3 down by half time. Durmuss looked better than the other 11 put together. Maybe with the exception of McGrath and Alnwick. Deserved nothing but nicked a point. Coys

Again, you reckon Motherwell deserved all 3 points on that showing today?????

Did you not say the same thing last week about Killie?

Lots of slack passes today.

Most disappointed I've been with Fraser.  Not a good game from him.  Ethan could have gone off earlier.  Looked knackered and his passing was suffering from that, too.

Erwin today was maybe not as bad as i usually think he is.  He did hold the ball a few times -as Obika does.

It's the slipshod passing that creates problems for themselves that I find insufferable.

By that logic you think Motherwell deserved all 3 points?
Really?

Of course not . I never said that . It was a poor game IMO. We improved in second half but still few chances . Debatable penalty got us point.

21 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Was a penalty    -   I suspect you are thinking Mugabi never touched Erwin and that is correct - but Gallacher is pulling him back from Mugabi

You'll see it on tv later

O Hara lucky not to get a 2nd booking

That was never a penalty in a million years. Erwin just fell over, wasnt a dive, hes just not very good.

Poor performance, a bit of a worry we are nowhere near the level we know these players are capable of. My thoughts 

- Erwin, although much better with a partner up top isn't the level we need, he's had enough time now to show his worth and sadly has not in the main part (get he won the penalty). Wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out the team with new signings

- Very soft penalty, wee bit of luck on that 

- Wide players need to be doing more, Motherwell had that well scouted, thought Durmus changed the game regarding an attacking threat

- Defence again looking shaky, could have been game over in the first half, would like to see a new CB during the window and an option to press Fraser