Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
billyg

Morias

Recommended Posts


Heard he's been told he wont be offered a contract extension , and that he can look for another club !
Not working out for him but Jim Goodwin seems to believe in him and despite obvious failings so far, I still believe there is a player in there.

I could see him ending up being hero worshipped at Hearts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, billyg said:

Heard he's been told he wont be offered a contract extension , and that he can look for another club !

Wouldn't be unexpected,  he has had plenty of  opportunities.  Really wished the best for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I’m not the only one, of course, but within 5 minutes of watching him I could tell he was hopeless and way out his depth. Not his fault, he probably tried his best but why has it taken so long to do something about it ? 

Jose Mourinho couldn’t judge a player in five minutes watching a player never mind a random football supporter.

Morias has done us a turn overall and a lot better than some of the other strikers we’ve had previously. Don’t understand the utter seethe he causes within the support, he’s an explosive player who’s helped us a lot over his time here. I think his poor finishing masks over all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's far from the worst player we've had, but he must be right up there as one of the most frustrating. Frustrating because his approach play is usually reasonably good, but his final ball or shooting has been consistently abysmal.

As others have said there was never any doubting his effort and for that reason alone, I doubt there is anyone that wouldn't wish him well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wholeheartedly applaud Junior's unrelenting work-rate and feel sure that keeping tabs on him must be a hugely frustrating  and energy-sapping task for opposition defenders.

Junior would soften them up and distract them and even hold the ball (ok sometimes for too long when he could release to a Buddie) - that in itself gives St Mirren defenders time to catch their breathe.

 

For too many seasons, the defence has been under constant onslaught.  Forward balls never stuck up there.  This team is overcoming that basic hurdle, I hope and feel..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Jose Mourinho couldn’t judge a player in five minutes watching a player never mind a random football supporter.

Morias has done us a turn overall and a lot better than some of the other strikers we’ve had previously. Don’t understand the utter seethe he causes within the support, he’s an explosive player who’s helped us a lot over his time here. I think his poor finishing masks over all that.

Damning with faint praise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Shame it didn't work out better for him. 

I wish him well for the future. 

I hope his workrate has rubbed off on some of the rest of the squad.  God loves a trier so I hope it works out for him there.  He's played there before so they know what they're getting.  The question is  - what are we getting in return?  Brophy or someone else?

Just on judging a player in 5 minutes, Brian Clough reckoned he could spot a player by his second touch.  If he needed one he wasn't good enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no composure and tried everything too rashly.  He ran about and threatened to close defenders down but when he got there he stopped. His final pass / cross / lay off was generally poor which resulted in him sprinting back to try and win it back again (resulting in shouts of "great work junior") . On the odd occasion he worked himself some space or was played in to a position where he could have worked the keeper, he had a wild slash at it and it would either sail high and wide or skitter wide.  No-one can say he wasn't given his chance, but sadly not good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who might have been tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt, his destination sums it up. Our top league to non league. Was never a footballer and running around aimlessly is no excuse. Whoever signed him needs a lot of explaining to do. Good luck to the guy but thank goodness he is gone. Next job is to get rid of a few other sub standard players- all of whom have been recruited from English non league or 4th tier- and wise up to the fact that it’s a gamble that very rarely works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

For anyone who might have been tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt, his destination sums it up. Our top league to non league. Was never a footballer and running around aimlessly is no excuse. Whoever signed him needs a lot of explaining to do. Good luck to the guy but thank goodness he is gone. Next job is to get rid of a few other sub standard players- all of whom have been recruited from English non league or 4th tier- and wise up to the fact that it’s a gamble that very rarely works.

Another bizarre post. He's going back to a club he's played for before and where he is comfortable, they are going for promotion this season and are being quite heavily backed. Wouldn't be surprised to see them marching up a couple of leagues in the same mould as Lincoln City who are looking likely to be in the Championship next season. Who else in the squad are you referring to that's from the non league or fourth tier? Dennis? Don't think we have anyone else. Plus, Morias was recruited from Northampton who are in League One.

I'm not saying Morias is a great player - swapping Morias to help us fund Brophy is excellent business but just making things up to try to back up your point is unfair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC did Morias not come in at a point at the start of last season when we were clearly panicking a bit about signings? Happy to be corrected, but I'm sure there was a point when we were behind the curve and we may have briefly lowered our standards to fill the squad. See also: Oan Djorkaeff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Another bizarre post. He's going back to a club he's played for before and where he is comfortable, they are going for promotion this season and are being quite heavily backed. Wouldn't be surprised to see them marching up a couple of leagues in the same mould as Lincoln City who are looking likely to be in the Championship next season. Who else in the squad are you referring to that's from the non league or fourth tier? Dennis? Don't think we have anyone else. Plus, Morias was recruited from Northampton who are in League One.

I'm not saying Morias is a great player - swapping Morias to help us fund Brophy is excellent business but just making things up to try to back up your point is unfair.

Ok, my interest or knowledge of English lower leagues isn’t great but surely you get the drift. Stubbs tried it and it didn’t work, we had to bin all the duds he brought in. The others I would ship out are Sheron, Foley, Obika and the  forward guy we got recently from Ross Co. It’s my opinion none of them are good enough for our top league. Just my opinion,mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...