Welcome Eamonn Brophy

7 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I'm thinking Killie are a bit strapped for cash, and will be hoping now to get Brophy off the wage bill now,  shouldn't take much to get him here.  I liked the boy we had on loan last year the left back, could take him too and give them Sheron  :)

We will be stuck with Sheron, Fleetwood haven't got a manager at mo and no doubt won't won't him bk til end of loan due to covid travel stuff

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

47 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I'm thinking Killie are a bit strapped for cash, and will be hoping now to get Brophy off the wage bill now,  shouldn't take much to get him here.  I liked the boy we had on loan last year the left back, could take him too and give them Sheron  :)

More chance of Killie wanting me before Sheron  :lol:

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

He wouldn't be the 1st football player to change his mind at the last min. 

Maybe the club is saying nothing until they find out if they can get him the now, i hope so. 

As long as he doesn't have to pass Carlisle!  One good thing about the Covid travel restrictions I suppose.

3 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Welcome Eamonn! Potentially one of the best signings in recent years - if he and Obika can both hit double figures a season (pro-rated on Brophy's case 🙂 ) - then we should be in for a good end to the season.

He's not joining us until the summer AFAIK.

3 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Dammit - that's right - I was getting carried away.

Hopefully we can still swing something to bring him now - otherwise I'll have to wait till next season to see the dream team unleash hell 🙂

I think we will get him in Jan.

Sure Killie won't want to pay 4 or 5 months wages for someone they have no intention of playing. 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A tale of two tweets.

The first seems extremely positive.

The second less so. Purely because I always get the fear when someone who was largely shite for us, signs for one of our rivals. 

Surely Ross County aren't Saints' rivals?

RC is a club in the relegation battles, not looking for a place in Europe!

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Might be coming sooner. Screenshot_20210107-143436_Chrome.jpeg

Wow!

Is that practical, a possibility?

I can understand Killie wanting to offload a wage, but could he go to Saints according to the rules?

(Tho SPFL make them up on the hoof if it's for sevco or shellic)

As we have sadly lost Junior, Brophy could use his strips and changing place in the dressing room, I guess...

Seriously... Is this something that has happened elsewhere - and what hurdles, if any, are there to be overcome? AnyBuddie know?  :unsure:

Andreu showed in flashes he is a good player at this level but was probably around a 5 out of 10 most of the time.

The Kilmarnock fan I work with when discussing Brophy on Monday night said they(Kilmarnock) should let him rot for 6 months so we get an unfit Brophy come the summer rather than allow him to leave for a rival now.

A tale of two tweets.
The first seems extremely positive.
The second less so. Purely because I always get the fear when someone who was largely shite for us, signs for one of our rivals. 

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Andreu showed in flashes he is a good player at this level but was probably around a 5 out of 10 most of the time.

The Kilmarnock fan I work with when discussing Brophy on Monday night said they(Kilmarnock) should let him rot for 6 months so we get an unfit Brophy come the summer rather than allow him to leave for a rival now.

Kilmarnock are in no position to pay a player of Brophy's stature for 6 months and not play him. I'd think that they'd rather free up that wage and bring in a new striker.

This is a possible downside for any club where a player signs a pre-contract in January. Particularly if that player is unhappy at the club he's leaving.

Hopefully, in this instance, it works out to our advantage.

I'm sure The Fakes signed Jamie McCart on a pre-contract from ICT last year and he ended up joining them in January.

34 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I started to reply and then noticed that FTOF had already said what I was going to say. 

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Kilmarnock are in no position to pay a player of Brophy's stature for 6 months and not play him. I'd think that they'd rather free up that wage and bring in a new striker.

This is a possible downside for any club where a player signs a pre-contract in January. Particularly if that player is unhappy at the club he's leaving.

I'm sure The Fakes signed Jamie McCart on a pre-contract from ICT last year and he ended up joining them in January.

48 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm surprised that he's bothered as apparently he thinks he's pretty rotten...... surely better to release him, save on a wage and weaken a rival who have broken the bank to sign him.

Yeah thought that too be crazy financially but his opinion (wee bud) is they are still annoyed that he has left what they regard as a smaller team.

A situation we have found ourselves in plenty times over the years losing players to rival teams whether you think they are bigger or smaller than ourselves and it was annoying so see where he is coming from.

Dyer has made it perfectly clear he isn't going to play so cant really see him not coming January.

Another thing The Kilmarnock fan said they should demand the same £200,000 we got for Magennis if we want him now.

I'm surprised that he's bothered as apparently he thinks he's pretty rotten...... surely better to release him, save on a wage and weaken a rival who have broken the bank to sign him.

Good signing, good signing indeed.

It is nice to see us beat other top flight clubs for the signature of a 24yr old international, extremely nice indeed.  This is far more exciting than the parade of unknown English non league "talent" that we have been force fed for some time now.

Yes I for one am happy with this piece of business.  When was the last time we beat other clubs to the signature of a coveted talent.......was it Craig Dargo?

Welcome Eamon Brophy, welcome indeed.

56 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Kilmarnock are in no position to pay a player of Brophy's stature for 6 months and not play him.

IS Brophy unhappy at Killie or just looking for a better gig in the summer?  He'd probably have been less keen to come to Paisley if he had been getting a regular game... and was appreciated in Kilmarnock.

We all like variety in our lives and all seek fresh challenges.  Even if we have been comfortable and reasonably rewarded in whatever work we've been doing. 

Whenever I worked to the end of a contract, I always gave of my best.

A fitba comparison...

I know he may now be less-loved but I also know that Buddies were unanimous in appreciation of the intensity of performance and the commitment showed to St Mirren by Kirk Broadfoot before he left.

The first time.