Welcome Eamonn Brophy

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I assume we'll be paying his full wage and, in effect he'll be on a 3 and a half year deal. That may well be the longest deal ever offered by Saints.

But, as it's a loan deal, we won't be spending money on a fee. Accies get nowt. Absolutely gutted for them... 🤣

Speaking to a Kilmarnock supporting workmate today, his opinion is that Brophy isn’t that great.

He doesn’t score many goals and a lot of the goals he does score are penalties.

He never passes and will shoot from anywhere (but rarely scores)

Also injured a lot

He could just be being negative about a player that’s just left and joined my team mind you but I’ve known this guy for years and he’s never been keen on Brophy.

Hope he’s wrong

Considering we usually play with 1 striker, that’s a lot of strikers on the books now!

9 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Speaking to a Kilmarnock supporting workmate today, his opinion is that Brophy isn’t that great.

He doesn’t score many goals and a lot of the goals he does score are penalties.

He never passes and will shoot from anywhere (but rarely scores)

Also injured a lot

He could just be being negative about a player that’s just left and joined my team mind you but I’ve known this guy for years and he’s never been keen on Brophy.

Hope he’s wrong

Considering we usually play with 1 striker, that’s a lot of strikers on the books now!

However good he is, I reckon he'll be as good a striker as we've had for a few years, a position we have struggled with. I'm no expecting a Harry Kane or Aguero. just a hard working player who will be a improvement on what we already have. 

On 1/8/2021 at 2:49 PM, FTOF said:

It is apparently.

If you played in the first round group stages only, you're not cup tied.

The Rules of the Scottish Professional Football League (spfl.co.uk)

image.png.7cfd057768f89a8ed275e981af8ed79b.png

Brophy in the PDE today, saying that since he played against Clyde and Dumbarton (in the group stages), that he's ineligible for the semi-final.

Does the first round of matches only refer to only the first group fixture, or the all of the group fixtures, which are part of the first round?

Or is it that Brophy, like most of us, is unaware of the rule change for this season?Confused smiley 6

Brophy in the PDE today, saying that since he played against Clyde and Dumbarton (in the group stages), that he's ineligible for the semi-final.
Does the first round of matches only refer to only the first group fixture, or the all of the group fixtures, which are part of the first round?
Or is it that Brophy, like most of us, is unaware of the rule change for this season?confused0006.gif&key=becc7b1fe0a3e1b1c457061609d50c5066a803e2e63cf7007035a2a3cb03454c

Calling Livingstone's bluff. [emoji2958]

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Sorted.

Apparently two other players, who played for Kilmarnock in the group stages, have since played in the knock out stages.:thumbs2

Someone better tell Brophy and possibly the club.:D

presume the guy was referring to Don thomas and Iain wilson but they didn't play or were even registered as subs for kilmarnock in any of the games. Clarity from clowns above required.