Welcome Eamonn Brophy

Now that is a real bonus. Nice to hear more good news on the injury front.

Also be good for Brophy to get off the mark for us this season - get that monkey off his back before the new one gets underway.

34 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Now that is a real bonus. Nice to hear more good news on the injury front.

Also be good for Brophy to get off the mark for us this season - get that monkey off his back before the new one gets underway.

Hopefully he gets to take the penalty kick that we will likely get against the Accies   :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, JPB1957 said:

He needs a goal from open play, most players can score from the spot. The only thing that it will tell him is, he can score from 10 yards when there are no defenders near him. His goal will come.

When had the penalty spot been moved to 10 yards ?   :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, God of war said:

Brophy offered absolutely nothing in the game's he played so far, absolutely he haw. Another non scoring striker on the books.

I still wonder why we signed Brophy. He flatters to deceive and I never rated him at Killie. Greg Stewart made him look good. I only hope he proves me wrong 

Brophy can strike a ball, as can Dennis. Big Jon tends to be powder puff. Him and Dennis also have good movement.

The jury is certainly still out but I'd like to see Brophy and Dennis buzzing about as a pairing, balls in to feet and over the top to chase.

Time will tell.

• 6 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 9:38 PM, Ethan said:

I still wonder why we signed Brophy. He flatters to deceive and I never rated him at Killie. Greg Stewart made him look good. I only hope he proves me wrong 

😂😂😂

55 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Fantastic signing.

The best striker we've had at the club since Sir Thommo. :)

👏 👏 👏 

On 4/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, God of war said:

Brophy offered absolutely nothing in the game's he played so far, absolutely he haw. Another non scoring striker on the books.

:lol:

Brophy has been excellent so far, 5 goals in 6 games on the road and he brings a lot to the forward line. A constant pain in the arse to defenders and some cracking finishes. Showed a lot of character that he missed that first penalty and brushed Ronan away to hit the retake without a shred of self doubt. 

Hope he finally gets that monkey off his back with his first home goal on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol:

Brophy has been excellent so far, 5 goals in 6 games on the road and he brings a lot to the forward line. A constant pain in the arse to defenders and some cracking finishes. Showed a lot of character that he missed that first penalty and brushed Ronan away to hit the retake without a shred of self doubt. 

Hope he finally gets that monkey off his back with his first home goal on Saturday.

Imo his first goal last night was one of a striker whose confidence is sky high.. 

13 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Imo his first goal last night was one of a striker whose confidence is sky high.. 

All of his goals of late have been. The County and Hibs goals too are of a guy who is full of self belief. He also had no issue at all taking that ball off Ronan who wanted the 2nd bite at the cherry at the penalty.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

All of his goals of late have been. The County and Hibs goals too are of a guy who is full of self belief. He also had no issue at all taking that ball off Ronan who wanted the 2nd bite at the cherry at the penalty.

Best way to get the penalty miss out of his system to be fair. What I think has helped him is we now a system that is working being 1 up top with 2 attacking midfielders supporting and good ones at that.