Welcome Eamonn Brophy

3 hours ago, Ethan said:

Always happy to be proved wrong. Although I did think he wasn't great at Killie

i was thinking about that the other day, because Power wasnt all that great either last season

i think they are both loving the camaraderie in our dressing room

lets hope Kiltie gets up to speed and fit 

• 1 year later...
https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4770-eamonn-brophy-joins-ross-county-on-loan-until-the-end-of-the-season

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that Eamonn Brophy has joined Ross County on loan until the end of the season.

Feel a bit sorry for Brophy you sit on bench most weeks and especially recently you watch 3 guys in front of you continually not scoring and yet manager doesn't give you a start.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Feel a bit sorry for Brophy you sit on bench most weeks and especially recently you watch 3 guys in front of you continually not scoring and yet manager doesn't give you a start.

He's played 250 minutes. With a return of 0 goals.

The other 3 guys have scored.

22 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Imo he only sat on the bench since he always appeared to be returning from injury. The effort and cost the club went to to bring him has been a massive failure. Does a loan mean he doesn't come of our wage bill?

1 hour ago, hamlet said:

Imo he only sat on the bench since he always appeared to be returning from injury. The effort and cost the club went to to bring him has been a massive failure. Does a loan mean he doesn't come of our wage bill?

I’d imagine Ross Country will be paying part of his wages at least.

I got the feeling that Robinson wasn’t playing him in order to try and force him out the door.

This move makes sense. We are needing to save pennies and Brophy is on a big wage with little return.

If he hits a purple patch (which could happen with a decent run of games) and starts banging in the goals, we know it won’t be against us and he’s still our player to get back or sell.

Also opens a door for young Offord who looks an exciting prospect.

Was buzzing when we signed Brophy, like I was with Dargo. Gutted it didn’t work out for us or Brophy…so far. 

3 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

This move makes sense. We are needing to save pennies and Brophy is on a big wage with little return.

If he hits a purple patch (which could happen with a decent run of games) and starts banging in the goals, we know it won’t be against us and he’s still our player to get back or sell.

Also opens a door for young Offord who looks an exciting prospect.

Was buzzing when we signed Brophy, like I was with Dargo. Gutted it didn’t work out for us or Brophy…so far. 

I think this is spot on .

I do think we are an attacking midfielder who contributes half a dozen goal short of sustaining top 6, I wonder if we will spend any on a loan deal here. 

He's played 250 minutes. With a return of 0 goals.

The other 3 guys have scored.

As a striker your job is to score goals if my rivals for a starting striker slot aren't scoring I sure as hell want to know why I'm not now getting a chance as they have had theirs.

Yes all 3 have scored but think (without checking) that between the 3 ahead of Brophy they have 1 goal(Main at Livingston) between them in 2 months roughly.

29 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

As a striker your job is to score goals if my rivals for a starting striker slot aren't scoring I sure as hell want to know why I'm not now getting a chance as they have had theirs.

Yes all 3 have scored but think (without checking) that between the 3 ahead of Brophy they have 1 goal(Main at Livingston) between them in 2 months roughly.

Brophy failed to score in the chances he was given though. 

I think the club have tried to piss him off by leaving him on the bench in order to try and get rid of him in order to cut costs. 

35 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Correct, nobody who st mirren currently employ to score goals isdoing an acceptable job in their core area

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Feel a bit sorry for Brophy you sit on bench most weeks and especially recently you watch 3 guys in front of you continually not scoring and yet manager doesn't give you a start. So it makes you start to wonder if maybe your attitude isn’t right or you don’t work hard enough in training.

FTFY

Brophy failed to score in the chances he was given though. 

I think the club have tried to piss him off by leaving him on the bench in order to try and get rid of him in order to cut costs. 
How many chances was he actually given under Robinson this season imo don't think he was given that much of a chance around 200+ minutes on the pitch by end of January so 2.5 games worth in 7 months.

Not saying he was the missing piece of jigsaw but hardly got a chance this season to tell.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

How many chances was he actually given under Robinson this season imo don't think he was given that much of a chance around 200+ minutes on the pitch by end of January so 2.5 games worth in 7 months.

Not saying he was the missing piece of jigsaw but hardly got a chance this season to tell.

Out of that period how much was he injured?

If you take that into account his time isn't as dramatic as it sounds.

For what it's worth I'm somewhere in between, I was really positive when we signed him but he's never done much to show he's the answer.

Maybe he'll get things together at RC and we can benefit next season, time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Brophy just doesn't fit in with Robinson's football philosophy. He's not the quick, mobile, in your face type. SR expects his strikers to defend from the front. FWIW, I think Brophy will shine in a team where he isn't expected to run for 90 odd minutes trying to win the ball back so high, if he gets service from the wings and he's utilised properly.

Part of me hopes this happens so we can at least recoup the investment in both bringing him to us and looking after him while injured, but not at the expense of league position for us.

6 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Brophy just doesn't fit in with Robinson's football philosophy. He's not the quick, mobile, in your face type. SR expects his strikers to defend from the front. FWIW, I think Brophy will shine in a team where he isn't expected to run for 90 odd minutes trying to win the ball back so high, if he gets service from the wings and he's utilised properly.

Part of me hopes this happens so we can at least recoup the investment in both bringing him to us and looking after him while injured, but not at the expense of league position for us.

Agree with this, he's not a defensive forward he's just a forward. Wouldn't surprise me if he finishes the season with more league goals than both Ayunga and Main. That wouldn't be hard to be fair, they have the whopping tally of three goals each and we are more than halfway through the season.