Celtic/ Sevco Colts Proposal Back on the Radar

bazil85

Another bribe to lower the integrity of the SPFL as a competitive league (outside the top division obviously) this should be roundly kicked into touch like one of Morias' crosses, although I would think that adding the Highland and Lowland league teams would be a positive step to having a proper tier system with the prospect of progression.

This subject is rare in that it near completely unifies BAWA posters. 

The Colts idea really needs to get in the bin and get in the bin permanently, after last year it should have finally become clear to Sevco and Celtic that it simply is not wanted. I'm disappointed to see the Stenny and St Johnstone chairman even being a part of the proposal, from what I can tell fans of other clubs seem to have a pretty consistent view with St Mirren fans. They should be presenting Colts as a red line in Scottish football due to lack of interest to turn lower leagues into development projects in exchange for bribes. 

In my view it is madness to even waste this time, there is surely no chance of an 11-1 vote in the top flight, especially with the fan owned (close to) clubs. Can only assume St Mirren would back the fans view on Colts, Motherwell and Dundee United as well with Hibs strongly considering it given their fan groups share. That's before we even mention the potential negative impacts in lost youth players going to the Colts and possible loss of loan players from the bigot brothers.  

It's also disappointing that probably the two clubs most indifferent to the development of young Scottish players (given they can easily sign the best young players for Scottish league level after development) are somehow presenting this as a reason for us to turn lower leagues into their own development project. If they care so much for Scottish football, champion a proposal that includes

- A number of youth graduates in every starting 11

- Better funding for youth football, academies and a refocus on reserve/ youth set-ups 

- Campaign for a bigger top flight to allow more fixtures to blood young talent for teams not fearful of relegation battles