Welcome Collin Quaner

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hoepfully you're as on the money as you were about Doyle Hayes 😄

I never said Doyle Hayes was a bad player ,I just dont agree with short term deals that mean constant change and putting  our academy players even further down the pecking order .

This guy  may turn out to be ok ,but his stats are very poor for a striker ,and we have Erwin and Dennis in the same mould.

17 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Stats not  very good ,strange signing

I've seen him a few times , and was pretty impressed. I wouldn't class him as a striker , certainly Huddersfield used him wide right on several occasions. He will definitely bring a new dimension as he's quick and direct . 

14 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I never said Doyle Hayes was a bad player ,I just dont agree with short term deals that mean constant change and putting  our academy players even further down the pecking order .

This guy  may turn out to be ok ,but his stats are very poor for a striker ,and we have Erwin and Dennis in the same mould.

Fair enough but in the context of a diddy club like Saints in 2021 that's a bit of a "flat earth" statement.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness the only slightly worrying looking spell in his stats was 2 goals in 49 appearances for Huddersfield. But to put that into context, 27 of those appearances were in the EPL and 22 in the Championship so a pretty high level. 

I remember watching a few games when Huddersfield were going for promotion to the EPL. In games that they were chasing they often brought him on and he would create goals for the strikers. He was a hero of the support at that time !

26 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I can assure you he is a totally different type of player from Jon and KD !

29 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I cannae even begin to imagine LE or KD making 27 appearances in the EPL. 
Whether this guy turns out to be success or not, I think we can safely assume he’s on a different level to those two. 

53 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I never said Doyle Hayes was a bad player ,I just dont agree with short term deals that mean constant change and putting  our

academy players even further down the pecking order .

Have we any strikers in the academy that we can reliably throw into the first team at this stage of the season.

Welcome to the Saints, Collin!

I don't know anything about him so will have faith in Jim - club are showing real ambition with Brophy and now a former EPL player signing.

To play at that level he must be able to offer us something positive.

Exciting times - just wish we (the fans) could be at the games in person - everything so remote at the moment.

51 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What is the likelihood of the international clearance being received in time for him to be in tomorrow’s squad?

depends if he needs to quarantine as some reports have him as being at Schalke for training

I think elite athletes are allowed to avoid quarantine if they are abroad for training purposes, not sure if that applies for an extended christmas break though.

but maybe he's already done his 10 days since then

Edited by beyond our ken

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:
53 minutes ago, pod said:
Have we any strikers in the academy that we can reliably throw into the first team at this stage of the season.

We have Lewis Jamieson sitting on the bench every week. Heard good things about the lad.

It's a start. Lets not be hasty.