Welcome Collin Quaner

Hi all- Huddersfield fan here.

Where to start with Collin, he was a big cult hero for us but hasn't played a great deal in the last 2 full seasons- had a hip injury that kept him out most of last season and our formation couldn't really accommodate him in the season before that. He's not particularly like any player I've ever seen, the closest I could get is Danny Welbeck in that they're both so ungainly and clumsy on the ball, but manage to confuse defenders enough for it to be effective.

Despite being 6 foot 3 he's not a target man at all, one of the worst headers of the ball I've seen, and while he puts himself about he's very gangly and not as strong as someone of his size should be. He can go from the sublime to ridiculous while on the ball, but his vision and use of space can be absolutely top class (although it was very overlooked by our fans). Actually topped our assists chart in our first season in the Premier League, and was surprisingly effective as a winger that year. If you play him up front though he can lead the line on his own fine as he's a very hard working player.  

I'd expect him to take a while to get up to speed, and I have some reservations about whether he'll ever reach the same standard as a few years ago- in his few appearances towards the end of last season he wasn't as mobile as before. But I can guarantee he'll give his all and will be a great person to have in the dressing room, everyone here adored him- fans and teammates alike.

I hope you enjoy having him as much as we did and I'll be looking out for your results- I noticed another ex player of ours is your manager as well. Good luck for the rest of the season!

From FB...

Ian Bowerman
Huddersfield Town fan here. I've supported Huddersfield for 42 years. Regarding you're signing Colin Quaner who played for us in the Championship and the Premier League. He is well loved by Town fans. Because of his height he can look gangly but he is a grafter. He generally played out wide for us. He assisted in the goal at Sheff Weds that got us back in the game and to the Play off final. He played a major part throughout that season as part of the promotion team. During our first season in the Prem he played out wide once again and his assists helped us stay up the first season. He played in the middle on loan at Ipswich and scored 4 in 16 games. I honestly think he is better playing out wide. You have a good signing in my opinion.He will play his socks off every minute of every game for you and I think that says a lot about him. He is particularly good at low crosses.I'm chuffed that he's got a new club because he was well liked by Huddersfield fans and still is.