St Johnstone v St Mirren Sat 16th Jan 2021

We've certainly not been as lively last couple of games but importantly gathered 2 points. St J with Davidson look a poor lot. I fancy us for 3 points especially as the players know that LC semi spots are up for grabs. Looking forward to seeing more of Brophy and the big German lad get some minutes. 3-1 to us.

We've certainly not been as lively last couple of games but importantly gathered 2 points. St J with Davidson look a poor lot. I fancy us for 3 points especially as the players know that LC semi spots are up for grabs. Looking forward to seeing more of Brophy and the big German lad get some minutes. 3-1 to us.
You do know that the Fakes players could also be up for it with their semi cup game coming up ?

Remember hearing on Radio driving up there last December that this fixture never produces many goals just checked soccerbase since start of 2010 season 27 matches alot of 0-0 & 1-0.

Saints v Saints, this'll be a dour game IMO, both teams are off the pace, all points to a draw.
Be thankful nobody can attend, a freezing stadium on a good day. 
Akin to Tannadice it's a venue we do particularly badly at. Never confident up in Perth regardless of how poor they are.
After our victory away to Motherwell a few months back we had 7 victories away in 3 seasons since returning(2 v Hamilton, 2 v Motherwell, 2 v Livingston and Dundee).

We have since absolutely battered 9 man Ross County away [emoji28] so our recent away results might have improved but if we are honest our performances haven't.

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Remember hearing on Radio driving up there last December that this fixture never produces many goals just checked soccerbase since start of 2010 season 27 matches alot of 0-0 & 1-0.

After our victory away to Motherwell a few months back we had 7 victories away in 3 seasons since returning(2 v Hamilton, 2 v Motherwell, 2 v Livingston and Dundee).

We have since absolutely battered 9 man Ross County away emoji28.png so our recent away results might have improved but if we are honest our performances haven't.

Aye, the combination of poor fitba, next to no goals and that wind tunnel of a ground makes it a horrible day out.

Luckily no one will need to endure the travel or getting half frozen to death next week.

The only time I've had "real flu" was as a result of being there years ago. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the combination of poor fitba, next to no goals and that wind tunnel of a ground makes it a horrible day out.

Luckily no one will need to endure the travel or getting half frozen to death next week.

You do know flu is a virus and you don't get it from being cold. There endeth the lesson. Well not quite.

ETA:

Why is the flu more common in the winter?

ANSWER

Many things play a role in making the flu more common in the winter:

• The virus lives longer indoors in winter, because the air is less humid than outside.
  • While it's alive and in the air, it's easy for people to inhale it, or for it to land on the eyes, nose, or mouth.
  • We spend more time indoors and have closer contact with each other, which makes it easier for the virus to spread.

But I'm sure, since you're an expert in viruses, you will know this and realise your post is just your usual sh!te.🤣

Edited by stlucifer

Just now, stlucifer said:

This post is as senseless as your last.

No it isn't, I could embellish it to say your a boring twat that sends me to sleep but I thought :snore was sufficient.

On my previous post, it's not so good a story to say I caught the flu from some disease ridden St Mirren supporter. :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to confirm you're the forum dullard.  :byebye

It's worth remembering St Johnstone have a midweek game against Dundee United.

I seen their manager on TV during the week bemoaning the fact he's struggling to see any prospective signings live due to Covid.

This'll restrict or weaken the choices of lots of teams IMO.

St Johnstone are struggling, a bit like Motherwell. :rolleyes:

image.png.b7f87856ecb19795c0743afafb39ff7e.png

Edited by faraway saint

Everything you said can't ever remember being there and not being freezing plus I think Roy Aitken scored last time I saw us win there.

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Everything you said can't ever remember being there and not being freezing plus I think Roy Aitken scored last time I saw us win there.

I was there on a beautiful day and also a reasonably high scoring entertaining game.

2-2 draw towards the end of season 2000/01. Drove up with wee Hector and Reidy. Lovely day out.

The day was made even more beautiful by Paul Hartley missing a penalty right in front on the Saints fans. 
Only slightly embarrassing thing was picking up the Sunday Mail the following day. Full on photo from behind Hartley as he struck the ball revealing two grown men (me and Hector) giving it the full wanker gesture. 😬

2-0 up were we not, red card, missed penalty then 2-1 all in first half???

I was there on a beautiful day and also a reasonably high scoring entertaining game.
2-2 draw towards the end of season 2000/01. Drove up with wee Hector and Reidy. Lovely day out.
The day was made even more beautiful by Paul Hartley missing a penalty right in front on the Saints fans. 
Only slightly embarrassing thing was picking up the Sunday Mail the following day. Full on photo from behind Hartley as he struck the ball revealing two grown men (me and Hector) giving it the full wanker gesture. [emoji51]

8 hours ago, Yflab said:

I wisnae with you that day, but I was at the game with the wife. We were still living in England then. Both had a ST and made many away games. I was scunnered that day. A long drive home. Their keeper was at it the following week. Boo. 

Did you come back to Paisley after the game though? Sure I remember having a drink with you and AM outside Liberty’s. Or was that maybe the following week after the Aberdeen game?

Last time I was in Perth with Buddies was a couple of seasons ago at a midweek game. As has been said by others, a very cold stadium. It was the night of the infamous Simeon Jackson penalty! Say no more!

As for this week, I think we just shade it in the form stakes, though both teams aren't great. As I write, St. Johnstone are 1-1 with Dundee United, so maybe they're improving. For us, a lot could depend on our new players. Will Brophy come good after a full week's training with his new teammates? Will we see the new German striker, Quaner?

I'll be optimistic and say Buddies will win 2-1.

COYS!!