Hamilton Accies v St Mirren Scottish Cup 3rd Round

shull

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
1 minute ago, magnus said:
Us getting a penalty. Worrying outburst. Clearly feeling a lot of pressure.

Game was over anyway. It was soft TBH.

It was, but as you say, the game was over and they were second best by a margin today and Rice can't see it. Shouting, swearing and clearly very upset.

18 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
19 minutes ago, magnus said:
Us getting a penalty. Worrying outburst. Clearly feeling a lot of pressure.

Game was over anyway. It was soft TBH.

It was because they never got a penalty.

Very good performance today. The rest must have done them good! Thought most of the team was on form, even Erwin who did lots of good work. Obika and Dennis also good. Defence solid, Alnwick had some excellent saves and McGrath was as reliable as usual.

Will risk the wrath of the rest of the forum and say I thought Erhahon didn't have a good game, but it didn't matter because the rest bailed him out.

Must keep this form going through the last 5 league games. Most importantly, Dennis must stay fit. We've really missed him.

Enjoyed rices interview after it, I’m one for enjoying other team seethe but as I’ve said on other social media platforms, you can’t doubt the guys passion, never once belittled us, just the system, and when he was part of the Stubbs setup here he was the only one out the three IMO that actually cared about the club, the manager meeting he was the only one I walked away from it and thought, that guy gets it, the other two where proven rockets and that’s the reason Kearney kept him on. But a great win today for the paisley Brazilians two sweet goals and a well taken penalty, plenty to be positive about, just wish a few weeks back was the same, but onwards and upwards bring on the next round, enjoy your weekend buddies 🐼

Edited by mattman

12 minutes ago, mattman said:

Enjoyed rices interview after it, I’m one for enjoying other team seethe but as I’ve said on other social media platforms, you can’t doubt the guys passion, never once belittled us, just the system, and when he was part of the Stubbs setup here he was the only one out the three IMO that actually cared about the club, the manager meeting he was the only one I walked away from it and thought, that guy gets it, the other two where proven rockets and that’s the reason Kearney kept him on. But a great win today for the paisley Brazilians two sweet goals and a well taken penalty, plenty to be positive about, just wish a few weeks back was the same, but onwards and upwards bring on the next round, enjoy your weekend buddies 🐼

The Masons Referees Association will hammer him at their next lodge meeting

Very good performance today. The rest must have done them good! Thought most of the team was on form, even Erwin who did lots of good work. Obika and Dennis also good. Defence solid, Alnwick had some excellent saves and McGrath was as reliable as usual.
Will risk the wrath of the rest of the forum and say I thought Erhahon didn't have a good game, but it didn't matter because the rest bailed him out.
Must keep this form going through the last 5 league games. Most importantly, Dennis must stay fit. We've really missed him.

Agree.
Thought Obika had one of his best games for us today - almost unplayable at times (well, Accies couldn’t cope with him).
I thought Erwin also had a good game.

Dennis was superb - really glad he’ll be with us next season as still to see the best of him.

We should have been out of sight after 30mins and lucky Accies didn’t equalise straight after HT.
Great match for the neutrals and although we deserved to win, the score line does flatter us.
Could have won 4-3 or even 5-4.

Looking forward to the draw tomorrow.
Morton at home ?

Just back from the beach so missed the game but nice to see the result.
What a difference a couple of weeks and one decent result makes to the atmosphere in this forum.
I painted the garden benches and settled for the sun lounger in the Ayrshire sun of the back garden with the radio. The boy went with his mates along the Barassie beach to Irvine with his purply coloured Saints away top on (he was outnumbered by Killie tops 3v1) and met a couple of the Irvine supporting Buds down the harbour this afternoon. He also met a couple of Motherwell fans and a Fleetwood Town strip along the way. Great to think we are getting close to being back at our spiritual home.

I live in Banbury Oxfordshire I used to go the odd time to see Oxford play I remember a couple years ago I seen this guy called Obika and I remember saying I’d d love to see him in a saints shirt little did I know great Player 

Had a great game today. Would have loved to see him get a goal, but he ran Accies defence ragged this afternoon.

6 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Can see his point a wee bit. About the smaller clubs. Bet Mr Allan treats the old firm with more respect. I must admit I was surprised to see the pen given. But I'll gladly it take cos its happened to us many times. So bollocks to him emoji38.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.png

Saints have had about 6 of the softest penalties ever this season...without penalties this year would have been deep in relegation trouble.

Good result, listened to radio updates from the garden. Knowing our luck we will draw Aberdeen away then one of the old firm when the draw is made.  I heard Rice having a rant on radio about (I presume) refereeing decisions going against him. This from someone who had been caught betting on football matches which is cheating itself. He should have been dismissed from his position and suspended from the game for a period. Anyway good on the Saints.