£17.50 PPV ?

jaybee

Is it only me who thinks it's just a tad too much, I don't mind £15 but £17.50 shows their aspiration to catch Livingstone surely.

I’ll be re-instating my self imposed boycott of ppv for away games this weekend so, although I am very interested in seeing Brophy score his first goal for us, I will not be shelling out £17.50 for the privilege of watching it live.

Not a fan of using illegal streams and depriving clubs of much needed cash - personal view and not a dig at anyone else.

Will review the Premier Sports subscription after the semi final !

I know that clubs are free to fix the price of their PPV games, but I'm surprised that there is such a big difference between what the clubs are asking.

Most seem to be £12 or £12.50, which I think is very reasonable. I'm not averse to going as far as £15, but when it goes above that, I can't help feeling that clubs are pushing it a bit. St. Johnstone are charging £17.50 for our game in Perth on Saturday. Does anyone know if that's the price for their own fans as well, or is it just away fans who have to fork this out?

I know that clubs are free to fix the price of their PPV games, but I'm surprised that there is such a big difference between what the clubs are asking.
Most seem to be £12 or £12.50, which I think is very reasonable. I'm not averse to going as far as £15, but when it goes above that, I can't help feeling that clubs are pushing it a bit. St. Johnstone are charging £17.50 for our game in Perth on Saturday. Does anyone know if that's the price for their own fans as well, or is it just away fans who have to fork this out?

Non Season ticket supporters and Away fans.

Screenshot_20210112-190532_Chrome.jpeg

15 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I agree these prices are over the top.

You can get a Now TV Sky Sports 24 hour pass for £9.99 and watch as many games that are on that particular day. 

I'm aware this doesn't cover club TV channels but it is a massive difference in price, and quality.

image.png.96429e0f5f882b3b3c3af54bc88db600.png

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

I’ll be re-instating my self imposed boycott of ppv for away games this weekend so, although I am very interested in seeing Brophy score his first goal for us, I will not be shelling out £17.50 for the privilege of watching it live.

Not a fan of using illegal streams and depriving clubs of much needed cash - personal view and not a dig at anyone else.

Will review the Premier Sports subscription after the semi final !

Turrabuddie, I am in absolutely no way having a go at you here. Everyone chooses what is right for them. It’s more curiosity I guess. 
As you’ve highlighted a few times this season you’ve been on a bit of an away game PPV ban. What was your rationale for this? I think I’m right in saying that regardless of price you haven’t gone for it. I suppose my question would be, why wouldn’t you pay £12-£17.50 to see a game that you’d have paid potentially up to £30 (but at least 20 odd quid) through the gate to see? Especially when it is literally the only way to see it as it happens.

I’ve been using IPTV for a good while now but prior to that I was always happy to pay for PPV. My rationale simple. Prior to moving to Jersey just before my 20th birthday I was a die hard home and away every week. For about 30 years the only Saints games I got to see were those that I came home for or the odd ones that were live on Sky. Over the last last 3 or 4 years the ability to see games live has been a godsend for me. I’ve been happy to pay whatever the charge was (within reason obviously) in the knowledge that the cost was always going to be less than the cost of actually being there. Even this season I’ve paid for a couple of games that I couldn’t get on IPTV.

Maybe it’s as simple as you prioritise your dough differently (probably is) but I’m curious to know. 

Because of clubs like St Johnstone & Livi taking the piss when it comes to their PPV prices, it made me find alternative ways of watching the games. 

I'll obviously carry on paying Saints for as long as this nonsense goes on, but have drawn the line at other clubs who are just at it. 

41 minutes ago, munoz said:

Because of clubs like St Johnstone & Livi taking the piss when it comes to their PPV prices, it made me find alternative ways of watching the games. 

I'll obviously carry on paying Saints for as long as this nonsense goes on, but have drawn the line at other clubs who are just at it. 

I wouldn’t even regard £20 as taking the piss when clubs are struggling to survive. How many season tickets do you think Livi sold in comparison to us? Fakes the same albeit to a lesser degree. 
I use IPTV because I’d be daft not to. But I’d happily pay these prices to see the Buds if IPTV didn’t exist. 

The reason international fans get that is normally due to TV licensing rules which do not allow live match watching for UK fans, think this is a SFA or some licensing body rule but does allow non uk fans to watch live.

This was I believe the way to ensure grounds were not empty but seems a nonsense in the current covid times and should IMHO have been suspended until some semblance of normality returns.

SS

It seems crazy to not allow all season ticket and international subscribers full access

Edited by Swiss_Saint
addittion

9 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

The reason international fans get that is normally due to TV licensing rules which do not allow live match watching for UK fans, think this is a SFA or some licensing body rule but does allow non uk fans to watch live.

This was I believe the way to ensure grounds were not empty but seems a nonsense in the current covid times and should IMHO have been suspended until some semblance of normality returns.

SS

It seems crazy to not allow all season ticket and international subscribers full access

I'm not sure the home side would be too happy to give up possible revenue so no club is likely to cut their nose off.

Turrabuddie, I am in absolutely no way having a go at you here. Everyone chooses what is right for them. It’s more curiosity I guess. 
As you’ve highlighted a few times this season you’ve been on a bit of an away game PPV ban. What was your rationale for this? I think I’m right in saying that regardless of price you haven’t gone for it. I suppose my question would be, why wouldn’t you pay £12-£17.50 to see a game that you’d have paid potentially up to £30 (but at least 20 odd quid) through the gate to see? Especially when it is literally the only way to see it as it happens.
I’ve been using IPTV for a good while now but prior to that I was always happy to pay for PPV. My rationale simple. Prior to moving to Jersey just before my 20th birthday I was a die hard home and away every week. For about 30 years the only Saints games I got to see were those that I came home for or the odd ones that were live on Sky. Over the last last 3 or 4 years the ability to see games live has been a godsend for me. I’ve been happy to pay whatever the charge was (within reason obviously) in the knowledge that the cost was always going to be less than the cost of actually being there. Even this season I’ve paid for a couple of games that I couldn’t get on IPTV.
Maybe it’s as simple as you prioritise your dough differently (probably is) but I’m curious to know. 

Actually, it wasn’t the prices that lead me to stop buying our away games, although it is a benefit.
It was because of how badly we’d played in several away matches in a row. It wasn’t even the results, just the fact that we were set up to sit deep and defend and only the occasional foray forward.

On the back of several encouraging results/performances I watched the Killie match - not an easy watch.

I live in north Aberdeenshire so I’d normally attend more away games than home- in Perth, Aberdeen and Dundee.
Home matches entail about 9hrs of driving and end up costing approx £100 - a long and expensive day out, but always worthwhile, especially if my son comes along !

Genuinely enjoy our Saturday night tv with the kids much more if I haven’t watched is toil in an away game !

Home games are different as, regardless of the performance or result, I feel good knowing I have contributed financially to the club.

COYS !!