St Mirren covid fine fund

1 hour ago, truesaint said:

Go fund me page to help the club pay the Covid fine 

https://gofund.me/72bd79ad

I give money to St Mirren, I have given a LOT over the years.  St Mirren is part owned by a Millionaire, a charity with cash reserves and a supporters group with cash reserves.  10 grand won't break any of them

There are are a lot of people in more need of our help and I'd urge anyone with spare cash to use it wisely and as they see fit

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

I’m sure many posters on here contribute to local and National charities. 

But it’s great to see that great and not so good of Scottish football getting behind this campaign.

These include Eddie Smith (ref), Alex Rae, Josh Heaton, Neil Doncaster and Gunni Torfason.

So they did?

Best wishes, 

Alex Ferguson

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

I’m sure many posters on here contribute to local and National charities. 

But it’s great to see that great and not so good of Scottish football getting behind this campaign.

These include Eddie Smith (ref), Alex Rae, Josh Heaton, Neil Doncaster and Gunni Torfason.

Eddie Smith !!!!!

That cheating Celtic supporting prick, brother-in-law of the late Phil O'Donnell, who awarded a free kick to Celtic when Nakamura committed the foul, and Nakamura scored to beat us 1-0. That Eddie Smith ???

I wouldn't take a penny from that pox-ridden arse wipe.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Eddie Smith !!!!!

That cheating Celtic supporting prick, brother-in-law of the late Phil O'Donnell, who awarded a free kick to Celtic when Nakamura committed the foul, and Nakamura scored to beat us 1-0. That Eddie Smith ???

I wouldn't take a penny from that pox-ridden arse wipe.

I think you'll find it is a pseudonym, much like Neil Doncaster.

It's not competitive.   Are Killie fans also in the process of "buying" their club?
I'm not happy with the idea of collecting money to give to the wankers that run Scottish fitba.
I don't know all the info, but doesn't the fines goto the SPFL trust that does charity work like the Xmas dinners that SMFC helped with?

Edit, I know some has like this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54235095

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Just remember we were fined £25,000 by SFA for not fielding enough u21 outfield players against Spartans even though our goalkeeper was u21 at the time. Who’s to say that Saints did not plan to play him outfield that day. 

That was also reduced on appeal (10k?)for its equally unfair interpretation of a members club rules.

I guess it got paid... by someBuddie.

Not as far down the line, but doing well. https://www.thekillietrust.com/
I understand your POV and it’s everyone’s individual choice. I’m saving on fuel and beer costs through not going to games. I’m even getting to watch away games at lower costs than normal. Every little helps. 

Just remember we were fined £25,000 by SFA for not fielding enough u21 outfield players against Spartans even though our goalkeeper was u21 at the time. Who’s to say that Saints did not plan to play him outfield that day. 

As far as I can remember, you need to declare a goalkeeper on the team sheet.

Not sure if they could have declared an overage player as the sub goalkeeper and played the U21 if the need arose. [emoji848]

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

As far as I can remember, you need to declare a goalkeeper on the team sheet.

Not sure if they could have declared an overage player as the sub goalkeeper and played the U21 if the need arose. emoji848.png

Aye - Saints had sufficient U21s at the match.

Problem was that a Saints U21 player didn't count (with the other 3 U21s in the required 4(?) ) even though he was U21 and actually playing in the match and not on the Bench.

That was going with the law - not the spirit of the law which was "intended to get U21s more exposure to the top level"  - by them sitting on a bloody bench!

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Aye - Saints had sufficient U21s at the match.

Problem was that a Saints U21 player didn't count (with the other 3 U21s in the required 4(?) ) even though he was U21 and actually playing in the match and not on the Bench.

That was going with the law - not the spirit of the law which was "intended to get U21s more exposure to the top level"  - by them sitting on a bloody bench!

What I remember most about that kerfuffle was every Spartans representative shoehorning "We don't want St. Mirren expelled from the tournament" when speaking to the media - not much they didn't! :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker