St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL Premiership 24/2/21

shull

• 1 month later...

On 2/19/2021 at 3:29 PM, Buddiememories said:

We will have a comfortable 3-0 triumph over Motherwell. Maybe 4-0.

Really hope you are right. According to the commentator they have 18 players out injured today.

Played a 17 year old.

Hopefully we have 1 or 2 back fit for 20 or 30 minutes at least.

This is an ideal chance to pick up 3 huge points to push away from Utd and the Fakes and to be only 2 points behind Livi.

A win going into the weekend game against RC would be a big positive too as that is another great chance of 3 points to then pass Livi into 5th...

C   O   Y   S

Edited by Sweeper07

Really hope you are right. According to the commentator they have 18 players out injured today.
Played a 17 year old.
Hopefully we have 1 or 2 back fit for 20 or 30 minutes at least.
This is an ideal chance to pick up 3 huge points to push away from Utd and the Fakes and to be only 2 points behind Livi.
A win going into the weekend game against RC would be a big positive too as that is another great chance of 3 points to then pass Livi into 5th...
C   O   Y   S

I’d love to see Quaner play a part on Wednesday.

Think we will win by a couple of goals.

This game is our best chance of three points of the four games left before the split. Motherwell are going backwards, with two heavy defeats in their last two matches and a lengthy injury list (like us). Both County and Accies are improving. Remember we only drew with Accies a couple of weeks ago and our last game against County was unusual, with John Hughes just in the door and them having a man sent off. They're better than that now.

Assuming we get nothing from our visit to Ibrox, I think we need to get two wins from the other three games, and Motherwell on Wednesday is a really good chance to start off with a win.

COYS!!

5 hours ago, pondsman said:

This game is our best chance of three points of the four games left before the split. Motherwell are going backwards, with two heavy defeats in their last two matches and a lengthy injury list (like us). Both County and Accies are improving. Remember we only drew with Accies a couple of weeks ago and our last game against County was unusual, with John Hughes just in the door and them having a man sent off. They're better than that now.

Assuming we get nothing from our visit to Ibrox, I think we need to get two wins from the other three games, and Motherwell on Wednesday is a really good chance to start off with a win.

COYS!!

They do indeed, but they have a significantly larger squad size than us.

We're down to a squad size of 18 fit players. 19 if Quaner makes it.

Alongside St.J we have the smallest squad size in the league.

FootballSquads - Scottish Premiership - 2020/2021

Must be very difficult at present regarding training, trying to balance rest and keeping players ticking over. I wonder if contact games in training have been curtailed, just in case of further injury risk.

We could definitely do with a free agent or two, if there are any around.

Every game we play from now to the split is a hard match given the amount of injuries we have and our only real striker being Obika.

Motherwell, Hamilton, RC are all battling for their lives and Rangers within touching distance of the title.

So if we get top six we will have earned it. Also if you are going to be a top six side these are the games where we must get points

10 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Every game we play from now to the split is a hard match given the amount of injuries we have and our only real striker being Obika.

Motherwell, Hamilton, RC are all battling for their lives and Rangers within touching distance of the title.

So if we get top six we will have earned it. Also if you are going to be a top six side these are the games where we must get points

Isn't that a bummer. We will finish 8 th. 

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I don't think apart from Tony and Jim we really thought we would be going for top 6, we all agree we are work in progress but fact is with a full team free from injury we are a good side.

We have tied Goody until 2024 , we have pace and recently we have goals, we have 2 more than capable goalies...

Good to see Cammy play so well, as we need a step up with McGrath out...

The future is great as long as we slowly build, remember where we were mid 80s and where we ended up early 90s....

For me, its about consistency in management and being realistic on our ambitions- Top 6 this season and keeping our better players should hopefully mean we can compete mid table ala Fakes, Livi and no doubt Hearts next season

Well and Killie again showing that disruption at the top = poor performance and low moral

My god we have been there over the last 10 years

1 hour ago, HSS said:

What?We’re not getting relegated?Have you been going to optimistic classes Elvis?

Ha ha

No doubt Elvis has the slide rule and calculator out to see if in fact we can still go down

When Hibs went into meltdown a few years back they managed 2 points from last 10 games, oh and they had 31 points

Just hoping we can get shot of 2 plastic pitches

This game and the County game on Saturday should be treated like cup ties. Need to get back to winning pronto, although we're playing not too badly. 

I can't see there being too many changes from the starting lineup from last Saturday. 

Saints win 2-1.

Without wishing to state the obvious, we are sitting where we are this season because we have improved in almost every aspect of the game.

For me the one missing component is that crucial bit of creativity/composure/efficiency (call it what you will) required in the final third. If we can find/add that, we could be a really decent side. It’s criminal how much good work we undo due to that missing ingredient. 

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Without wishing to state the obvious, we are sitting where we are this season because we have improved in almost every aspect of the game.

For me the one missing component is that crucial bit of creativity/composure/efficiency (call it what you will) required in the final third. If we can find/add that, we could be a really decent side. It’s criminal how much good work we undo due to that missing ingredient. 

Quite elusive for most teams as that's the hard bit.

I watched Chelsea play at the weekend, up to about 30 yards they were outstanding, after that, absolute gash.

Comes down to the standard of player IMO, and we, like most Scottish teams, just don't have that at our disposal.