St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL Premiership 24/2/21

shull

With a severely depleted squad where we've had to use players I would regard as not 100% match fit I feel recent results have been acceptable - we're in sixth spot and effectively in the driving slot for that elusive Top6 spot.

I wish all the Eeyores  would wait till we actually fuck it up before crowing about what I consider a reasonable run of form... 

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Absolutely awful. Our forward play was horrendous. Midfield was non existent. Cant think of anything good to say about this game. Woeful.

It was a real sore watch. Dreadful.

Certainly not entertaining, or entertainment of any sort. Genuinely think I’ve been robbed of £12.50 !

The sad thing is I will still pay for the County match this weekend in the (vain) hope that our performance will be vastly improved.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

With a severely depleted squad where we've had to use players I would regard as not 100% match fit I feel the results have been acceptable - we're in sixth and effectively in the driving slot for that elusive Top6 spot.

I wish all the Eeyores  would wait till we actually f**k it up before crowing about what I consider a reasonable run of form... 

You mean the same ones who will be singing our praises if we do finish top 6

It was a real sore watch. Dreadful.

Certainly not entertaining, or entertainment of any sort. Genuinely think I’ve been robbed of £12.50 !

The sad thing is I will still pay for the County match this weekend in the (vain) hope that our performance will be vastly improved.

If its dry don't think I'll bother on Saturday. Get the motorbike out of moth balls.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

With a severely depleted squad where we've had to use players I would regard as not 100% match fit I feel the results have been acceptable - we're in sixth and effectively in the driving slot for that elusive Top6 spot.

I wish all the Eeyores  would wait till we actually f**k it up before crowing about what I consider a reasonable run of form... 

Motherwell had a load of injuries too.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Most teams have, and have had, injury issues, no point throwing that up as an exclusive excuse.

You know as well as I do, it's the usual knee jerk reaction, which we get when we win a game as much as when we lose.

I've already mentioned earlier, we are where we are because of of ALL the games, not just tonight, or recent form, which I don't agree is reasonable, but that's subjective.

Results have been reasonable, performances, not so much. 

Its been a tough february this has been our 7th game in this month,
injuries and lack of strength and depth in our squad has left
us exposed. 

Agree, but as someone posted earlier, it would have been better to play more adventurous, attacking football and gone for wins - two wins and four losses would have been better than our current return.

Of course we could still beat County on Sat...

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not miserable, but a realist and I would not have had us there from the early season form. :P

I would,  but I always over exaggerate my predictions. 

It's been a very topsy turvy season, but could still turn out to be the best in decades.