St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL Premiership 24/2/21

shull

Just now, saint in exile said:

Yes, but in typical Saints fashion we blew it against teams who were struggling.

I prefer,  we dug in when injuries were against us. 

4 games undefeated, top 6 with a 2 point gap, 2 of our last 3 against teams at the bottom end of the table. 

Its happening. 

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Yes, but in typical Saints fashion we blew it against teams who were struggling.

It's always easy to discount the other teams performance.

Motherwell, at a fairly average level, played reasonably well in the 2nd half.

Hey, it's all the same old, up's and downs, as I've said, it's all about the WHOLE season.

That's why I don't get erect part way through the season, too many over react. 

6 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I’m a wee bit more reserved with my predictions emoji3.png

Roll on Saturday, convincing home win. emoji6.png

I'm going for a point away from home🙂 

Just looked, we are at home and that's without drink🥺

For God's sake🙈🙈🙈🙈

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

The struggling teams may well be over performing precisely because they’ve been struggling.

We have done exactly the same thing in he last few seasons.

Tonight’s performance was very poor, no denying that, however, perhaps that’s also because Well had raised their game from very poor performances in recent weeks.

So, we move on to County on Saturday, and hopefully Quaner will make a scoring debut !

COYS !!

4 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Overall, despite a disappointing performance, it’s a nice change to have something positive to play for.

Only had radio commentary tonight but I’ve quite enjoyed the season.

If we can draw 4 in a row but still be in top six despite below par games? Personally I’ll take it.

:lol:

I think we’re f**ked now for top 6.

I fancy St. Johnstone to win their 3 remaining games, meaning we need at least 6 points and hope our goal difference doesn’t take a doing against Rangers or that St. Johnstone rack up too many goals with their victories. 
on current form I can’t see us beating County or Accies. Two more draws on the way there I fear. 

Durmus wasted as a wing back obika too isolated up top alone formation didn’t suit us at all want to see us get back to 433 or 442. 

Substitutions seemed very strange to me also Kyle as right wing back connelly on very late thought get cammy was also very unfortunate to be taken off.

Still in a great position to get into the too six let’s hope we get 6 points from the next 3 games.  

I think we’re f**ked now for top 6.
I fancy St. Johnstone to win their 3 remaining games, meaning we need at least 6 points and hope our goal difference doesn’t take a doing against Rangers or that St. Johnstone rack up too many goals with their victories. 
on current form I can’t see us beating County or Accies. Two more draws on the way there I fear. 
On a plus note, i think Obika win an aerial battle, tonight; now there's a first [emoji39]

Thing is we have played better and lost so a point and not playing well at all will do. Even if its same again on saturday and I hope not, having seen fixtures with dundee utd having to go to killie on saturday and the fakes having to go to hamilton next wednesday then we might be ok

54 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Motherwell have a much larger squad and have signed replacements for their long term injured.

We're knackered. Simple as that.

Although, I don't think the system we played tonight worked.

Yeah, I still think Goody has a tendency at times to setup to stop the other time first rather than think about how we attack.

Lamie is probably the worst centre back in the league, so I’d have thought Connolly’s pace would have worked a treat from the start.

I dont think the formation worked tonight. Fair enough giving it a go. Motherwell are not a bad side, false league position. As much as we wanted to win tonight top 6 is still in our own hands. 5th is gone.

So we either make top 6 or end up bottom 6 with no drop worries and popcorn seats looking down. Aim would be finishing 7th with more points than 6th.

Huge positives were the unexpected returns of McGrath and JDH. Both safely navigating the game uninjured. Had Dennis not got crocked we may have had a better goal return of late, but it is what it is.

I'd have bit your hand off for this when we lost 6 in a row or whatever it was at covid time or indeed the start of the season.

Relax and enjoy a relegation free season and look to build further for next season lads.