St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL Premiership 24/2/21

shull

I think the last month has proved one thing and that is that the squad is to small to  cover vital positions. 
Agreed but this was the managers decision to run this season with such a small squad. We have been lucky that the defenders have remained relatively fit apart from some early suspensions.
Who knows what we do if we lost either McCarthy or Shauggnessy for a lengthy period? We have also played the whole season without a recognised left back.
We shouldn't be in the position that we are playing players when only 75% fit! It also doesn't help we have a player on a 3 year deal that 18 months in cannot finish a game or if he does, is not fit enough to start the next game.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:
4 hours ago, antrin said:
Surely it’s the FIFTEEN points which Saints can still accrue after the split that are the points?
All still to play for. Season ain’t finished.

Seeing as we are struggling big time to win matches against bottom 6 how many victories do you think we will get v the other top 6 teams???

Out of the 14 games we've played against the current top 5 we have 3 wins, 3 draws and 8 defeats, just under 1 PPG. 

A continuation of that level would suggest 2 or 3 draws or 1 win from the final 5 games (probably Aberdeen at home).

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

All this forum needs is another negative troll..... we were bottom 5 months ago after 6 s****ht defeats.... covid and facing sanctions.... away back to ipox and gee us peace

Typical statement from lego muncher who struggles to see others point of view, you raging happy clapper???

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

"Highlights"... anyBuddie...?  :rolleyes:

St Mirren 0-0 Motherwell: Honours even in Paisley - BBC Sport

(No, don't thank me!)

To be fair an honest reaction from JG and realistic to our position as well.

Couldn't  bring myself to watch the highlights tho🤣

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

Last night typified our problems in the final third. How many goals have we scored from headers? Very few yet we float in aimless high balls that are never met. Why not pass the ball into the box instead of floating it? And as Alan McManus said last night we are too static in the box waiting for the ball instead of moving into space or indicating where a forward wants the ball. And why don't players shoot when they get the chance?

However we have loads to be pleased about. Defence looks excellent, maybe not champions league level but relatively very good. We have loads of good young players in midfield who should only get better. Before the game last night Goody said JDH and Jamie were at best 75% fit and it was a gamble starting them. So we should not be too harsh if they were not up to their usual standard.

Maybe next season we can fix the third part of the jigsaw. We can still make top 6 but the team looks knackered. Here's hoping for another all out effort against County.

Because the two players who have that in their locker are both out injured unfortunately,  Kristian Dennis,  and Eamonn Brophy

1 hour ago, scam75 said:
4 hours ago, Tommy said:
Will it ever reopen ? 

I heard it was getting done up, in 1st lockdown, never re-opened at any point so I fear the worst Tommy.

There's probably a lot of pubs that can't justify the expense of making it covid protected for little reward.  

8 minutes ago, pod said:

There's probably a lot of pubs that can't justify the expense of making it covid protected for little reward.  

Agree with that. Very little amount of pubs down here being whitehaven/workington were open all the time prior to covid, most could only justify Thursday-Saturday with some not even opening on a Sunday. 

11 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Agree with that. Very little amount of pubs down here being whitehaven/workington were open all the time prior to covid, most could only justify Thursday-Saturday with some not even opening on a Sunday. 

Will see some opening when the weather is a bit better and you can get to sit out. 🤞

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:
8 hours ago, antrin said:
Surely it’s the FIFTEEN points which Saints can still accrue after the split that are the points?
All still to play for. Season ain’t finished.

Seeing as we are struggling big time to win matches against bottom 6 how many victories do you think we will get v the other top 6 teams???

Surely we worry about that after we secure a top 6 finish?

47 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Really?

You'd rather have a relegation battle than a comfortable season in the top flight for the first time since the 1980s?

Seriously?

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No. Where did I say that?

Sorry, I’ve just re-read Gods full post. Unfortunately I did what I usually do with his posts. Stopped reading it half way through 🤣🤣

I hereby amend my post to say, the first half of God’s post was spot on. 👍

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Really?

You'd rather have a relegation battle than a comfortable season in the top flight for the first time since the 1980s?

Seriously?

Defo, nothing to play for is a waste of time.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry, I’ve just re-read Gods full post. Unfortunately I did what I usually do with his posts. Stopped reading it half way through 🤣🤣

That's because u want to be me and have a mind of your own and not play to the clique!

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fair enough.

You had me confused. :lol:

On 2/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, zurich_allan said:

Why are we incapable of either shooting when we are right in front of goal, and instead always look to make another pass, or with the occasional exception of Durmus and Tait, also incapable of attempting to take on a man one on one, especially through the middle? There was absolutely no desire by any of the team to actually get to a position to get a shot on target. Some really poor decision-making throughout that game. Can't believe we've gone from putting ourselves in the position of easily confirming sixth or above, to struggling to hold on to sixth and in real danger of being overtaken. Very poor again tonight.

I think a lot of that is down to body position when they receive the ball. Most of our passes, even when attacking, are straight across the pitch and the receiver is generally static when the ball comes to them....... we really could do with a Dorman type player who can make late runs with an instinctive eye for a scoring opportunity.