St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL Premiership 24/2/21

shull

I don't expect we'll see anyone return from injury tomorrow.

No chance we’ll see McGrath tomorrow, but I’d like to think there’s a decent chance Quaner making the bench.

Looking forward to the game though, as I have done for a few weeks running - strange times indeed being a Buddies fan these days.

Not confident of a win but don’t think we’ll lose either, so likely be a draw.
A point won’t be good enough but I’d take it in exchange for no more injuries !

15 minutes ago, fmckinn said:

we have to approach this game the exact same way the Fakes did. We have to press them back from the first whistle to the last.. Do not allow them any time on the ball

Well we all know that's not going to happen. It will be the usual game of two half's I have never seen a team who shit themselves as much as we do if we are leading going into last 20 minutes we will sit Inside our penalty box and invite them to score. 

13 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

No chance we’ll see McGrath tomorrow, but I’d like to think there’s a decent chance Quaner making the bench.

Looking forward to the game though, as I have done for a few weeks running - strange times indeed being a Buddies fan these days.

With Motherwell looking at 11 to 14 players out through injury we should really be aiming for a win.

Would be good to see Quaner get a run out but no idea how physically fit he'll be.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him left out until the weekend.

Wouldn't say a point was not good enough but it certainly leaves the next few weeks very tight. Think this will go right to the wire.

Edited by oaksoft

34 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

With Motherwell looking at 11 to 14 players out through injury we should really be aiming for a win.

Probably the stupidest statement i have ever read on here 🤣🤣🤣🤣

McGrath (and JDH) both start !

Said to my son before Hamilton match JG should have got the first team squad together and said we give absolutely everything these 4 home games in 10 days and make sure if we draw or lose any of them would mean other team has worked extra hard to get their point or points.

The first 2 have been disappointing for various reasons but seeing our 3 best outfied players 2 starting and 1 on a strong looking bench is good news.

Sportscene on Saturday had Motherwell with over 10 injuries surely this should be 3 points not an easy 3 as we don't do easy but if it was other way round they would probably win.

28 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Seriously ? I thought the previous post was a joke.

This is fantastic! And while I’m sure neither will 100% fit it’s a huge boost for the team. Huge.

I’m changing my prediction from a draw to a home win !

I'd be surprised if Goodwin would risk them if they weren't 100% fit.

It's one of the subjects he's been quite vocal about, with regards to the risk of playing players that aren't match fit.

A very pleasant surprise though.

Wily old dog that JG is.

Edited by FTOF