Upcoming Fixture List v. Squad Size/Injuries/Suspensions

sally02

Starting with Livingston on Sunday, the team have 10 games in 35 days up to the end of February which is a pretty heavy scheduled to get through.

24/01/2021     Livingston (H/Park)        Sunday

27/01/2021     Dundee Utd (Away)       Wednesday

30/01/2021     Celtic (Away)                    Saturday

02/02/2021    Hibs (Home)                     Tuesday

06/02/2021    Killie (Home)                    Saturday

10/02/2021     Celtic (Home)                  Wednesday

13/02/2021     Aberdeen (Away)            Saturday

17/02/2021     Hamilton (Home)            Wednesday

24/02/2021    Motherwell (Home)        Wednesday

27/02/2021     Ross County (Home)      Saturday

The upside is that there are only two games away at Dundee and Aberdeen, if you accept Hampden/Parkhead as  "nearly at home" fixtures.

Will the squad cope with this well, allowing for injuries and possible suspensions, or will we be playing with untried youngsters in the team by the end of February?

Also, will the pitch stand up to six home games in less than 4 weeks?

Bizarrely, we only have 2 scheduled games for the whole 31 days of March!

Scottish Football planning at it's best, once again!

Edited by sally02

1 hour ago, sally02 said:

Starting with Livingston on Sunday, the team have 10 games in 35 days up to the end of February which is a pretty heavy scheduled to get through.

The upside is that there are only two games away at Dundee and Aberdeen, if you accept Hampden/Parkhead as  "nearly at home" fixtures.

Will the squad cope with this well, allowing for injuries and possible suspensions, or will we be playing with untried youngsters in the team by the end of February?

This is probably the SPFL's way of getting back at us, for having the audacity to appeal the punishment they happily dished out to us.

The squad is going to have to be managed properly with this amount of games in such a short space of time.

1 hour ago, sally02 said:

You forgot the League Cup Final  28/022021  :whistle

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ WGAF. 😜

In fact, you gave so much of a feck that you took me off IGNORE , then READ and REPLIED to my post.

Totally bizarre and hilarious.

Knowing that I am spinning round inside your head 24 hours a day every day makes me smirk.

While I have you, any evidence yet of me being racist, ye fecking idiot ?

:lol

Edited by shull

6 hours ago, sally02 said:

Exactly how it should be. We might need those weeks in March for postponements due to weather or covid.

These guys are professional footballers and the sport is VERY privileged to be allowed to run at all right now when everyone else is having to shut down.

I am not defending the SPFL but anyone complaining about anything like this right now needs to gain a little perspective.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Exactly how it should be. We might need those weeks in March for postponements due to weather or covid.

These guys are professional footballers and the sport is VERY privileged to be allowed to run at all right now when everyone else is having to shut down.

I am not defending the SPFL but anyone complaining about anything like this right now needs to gain a little perspective.

Correct, if irritatingly so :)

Out of curiosity, do all teams have similarly busy schedules. Just wondering if the authorities are trying to ensure the league gets to the magic 26 games as soon as possible? 

I have seen Well fans complaint about their having a heavy schedule in Feb - I think it’s 6 games.
Their main gripe being that it wasn’t their fault the matches were not played in the first place.

Games between now and end of February:-

R. County, DU                     =  5 

TRFC                                     =  6

Hibs, Accies, Killie, St. J    =  7

CFC,Dons, Well, Livy        =  8

Saints                                  = 10

6 hours ago, sally02 said:

Games between now and end of February:-

R. County, DU                     =  5 

TRFC                                     =  6

Hibs, Accies, Killie, St. J    =  7

CFC,Dons, Well, Livy        =  8

Saints                                  = 10

TBH it's down to the club that we have extra games after the way they messed up the attempts to prevent the spread of covid.

Them's the breaks, better than losing the points we had deducted. 

This is probably the SPFL's way of getting back at us, for having the audacity to appeal the punishment they happily dished out to us.
The squad is going to have to be managed properly with this amount of games in such a short space of time.
I have 5 days of work; 4 x 12hr shifts and a Saturday, 3hrs!! Im sure tge poor souls will manage [emoji849]

On 1/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, delpierro said:

I have 5 days of work; 4 x 12hr shifts and a Saturday, 3hrs!! Im sure tge poor souls will manage emoji849.png

Yip, i don't have any sympathy for managers or players having to play loads of games. Proffesional players moaning about playing football is a joke...some weans play fitba all day,  every day...

3 hours ago, God of war said:

Yip, i don't have any sympathy for managers or players having to play loads of games. Proffesional players moaning about playing football is a joke...some weans play fitba all day,  every day...

This ^^^^^^^^^

It simply means one less day training. With modern science and techniques it should never be a problem to play a game of football for a professional athlete.

Agree with the above regarding being professional athletes, should be able to play every day, etc. but what I was thinking in the opening post is that if you have to play 10 games in the five weeks rather than 5 or 6, then we are more likely to have more chance of injuries, yellow/ red cards and possible suspensions, so when we get to March we  could be in a weaker position than other teams. In an ideal scenario, if we could avoid any injuries, cards, suspensions, etc. and rotate the squad successfully then that would be great, but I don't think that is going to happen. We'll find out soon enough I suppose. COYS