New regime, same old story!

Bud the Baker

As it says on the tin - Killie heading back into debt again...

KILMARNOCK will ask for a £1million government loan to help them survive the season.

Owner Billy Bowie has revealed Killie are set to record a seven-figure deficit and will ask the Scottish Government to bail them out.

Bowie explained directors have been ploughing in cash to pay the bills after the Covid-19 pandemic hit the club’s income streams.

He said: “I am sad to say we are forecasting a seven-figure deficit.

“Every month up to now, due to the directors and our organisation creating funds to pay the bills, everyone has been paid up.

“We have identified that there will be a cash flow shortage.

"We have a business interruption insurance claim that we hope will be an interim payment to carry us through.

“We have agreed to seek a government loan of £1m. It goes against the grain with myself as I don’t want to see the club going back into bank debt.

“Myself and the other directors are looking to try to get funds to keep the club going until the end of the season.

“The club shop sales have been good and we are looking at other avenues to bring income in.”

Despite the financial struggles, Bowie says boss Alex Dyer will be backed in the January window to add to his squad.

He added: “We had a meeting last week and we had approved a sum to Alex to bring in an additional player.

"Hopefully that will give him enough funds to bring in the player we need.”

Meanwhile, head of football operations James Fowler revealed Scotland defender Stuart Findlay could follow Eamonn Brophy out of the door.

He said: “We spoke to Eamonn over a year ago and made him a good offer but we have to look after the club.

“It’s like Stuart. He is someone we would like to keep but he is at an age he could potentially look to move down south.

“We can make offers but that doesn’t mean they sign them.”

6 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

No problem as long as they put their hotel up as collateral. the Government can sell it when they no doubt renege on the loan 

I'm sure that one of their fans on P&B said that they don't own the hotel anymore.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure that one of their fans on P&B said that they don't own the hotel anymore.

:lol:  They've sold it already then, hope the Government chase them then, they're unlikely to get it back,  I would suggest a Provident Check then and pay it back over 21 weeks, or give Craig White a phone he wiped out Rangers debt and it only cost him a £1. 

Edited by portmahomack saint

New regime same old story...

Dundee United have asked supporters for a second cash injection to “assist recovery from the Covid-19 crisis”.

The Tangerines have approached the Dundee United Supporters’ Foundation (DUSF), whose members voted to make a £100,000 investment in the club in June 2020, to request another “one-off” payment of “up to £100,000”.